RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hoopfeed: team-by-team midseason review

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/28/15 11:23 am    ::: Hoopfeed: team-by-team midseason review Reply Reply with quote

Eastern Conference team-by-team midseason review: A close race but blockbuster trade may shake things up

Quote:
The All-Star game takes place midway through the WNBA season, so this seems like a good time to look at the first half of the season and consider the prospects for the second half of the season. First up is the Eastern Conference.

While the standings for the East are not in the order many expected, the race is as close as some thought it would be, with only five games separating first place from last place.

The New York Liberty is in first place and the Atlanta Dream is last. That is a surprise for sure. With one blockbuster trade impacting two Eastern conference teams in the books, it is going to be a wild second half.

http://t.co/DbbgWrY170

Last edited by dtsnms on 07/28/15 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/28/15 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Western Conference team-by-team midseason review: Lynx even more stacked, fourth place tightly contested

Quote:
The Minnesota Lynx opened up a three-game lead on their closest Western division foes, Phoenix and Tulsa, and appears to have strengthened their team even more with the trade for former All-Star and Olympian Sylvia Fowles. This gives them five players with U.S. senior national team experience.

Phoenix and Tulsa have taken opposite paths to the same place. Tulsa came out on fire at the start of the season, before Skylar Diggins went down with a season ending knee injury. Phoenix started slowly with Brittney Griner’s early season suspension, but made up ground upon Griner’s return.

And even though Los Angeles sits at the bottom of the division with a 3-13 record, this week’s return of Candace Parker means the Sparks are not dead yet.

http://t.co/9k1B7yg7lW

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/29/15 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very interesting analysis and questions going forward for each team. Great work!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/29/15 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Very interesting analysis and questions going forward for each team. Great work!

Thanks! I appreciate your taking time to read.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/29/15 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Agreed!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 07/29/15 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Agreed!

And thanks to you too!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/29/15 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought it was mostly crud but I forced myself to read it anyway as punishment for eating too much icecream last night.

* Disclaimer: the above is untrue other than the part about eating a lot of icecream. I appreciated the pieces though my care factor did start to decline in the east after the top 2 teams. West west y'all.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: