RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Beth Swink & Libs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 04/14/05 11:24 pm    ::: Beth Swink & Libs? Reply Reply with quote

"The New York Liberty has shown interest in her," St. Francis coach Jill Poe said. "We have sent them information on her, and they have seen her play more than any other WNBA team, because we play in a (mostly New York) Northeast Conference."

Even if Swink doesn't get a call tomorrow she most likely will have the opportunity to play overseas and or get invited to one of the WNBA team camps next week.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/college/s_324449.html

dbrown4852

PostPosted: 04/15/05 3:07 am    ::: Re: Beth Swink & Libs? Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Mysticwiz"][i]"The New York Liberty has shown interest in her," St. Francis coach Jill Poe said. "We have sent them information on her, and they have seen her play more than any other WNBA team, because we play in a (mostly New York) Northeast Conference."

Leave it to the Liberty to be interested in an undersized Center (6'2)

gopher5

PostPosted: 04/15/05 6:24 am    ::: Re: Beth Swink & Libs? Reply Reply with quote

I think she is a great kid and had a wonderful career at St. Francis and hope she gets to play professionally somewhere, but there is no way she is 6'2". McCarville looked to be at least 2 inches taller when they played in Minneapolis.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 04/15/05 8:02 am    ::: Re: Beth Swink & Libs? Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
I think she is a great kid and had a wonderful career at St. Francis and hope she gets to play professionally somewhere, but there is no way she is 6'2". McCarville looked to be at least 2 inches taller when they played in Minneapolis.

McCarville looked longer and way more athletic but I'm not sure she looked 2" taller to me-- it just felt that way because of the difference in their play. The Swink we saw in the Barn this year wasn't a WNBA prospect at all-- but the Wecker we saw in the Barn last year looked pretty bad, too, so I'm not going to judge with any confidence from one game.

I do wonder if Swink would improve her W prospects considerably by playing overseas for a year first, just because the leap from the NEC to the W would be much larger than the leap from CUSA or the A-10.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 04/15/05 8:02 am    ::: Re: Beth Swink & Libs? Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:

McCarville looked longer and way more athletic but I'm not sure she looked 2" taller to me-- it just felt that way because of the difference in their play. The Swink we saw in the Barn this year wasn't a WNBA prospect at all-- but the Wecker we saw in the Barn last year looked pretty bad, too, so I'm not going to judge with any confidence from one game.

I do wonder if Swink would improve her W prospects considerably by playing overseas for a year first, just because the leap from the NEC to the W would be much larger than the leap from CUSA or the A-10.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: