RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Henry Bibby named Sparks coach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/06/05 10:41 pm    ::: Henry Bibby named Sparks coach Reply Reply with quote

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sparks7apr07,1,1630366.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

PostPosted: 04/06/05 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow!

Gosh, there may now be two people in LA that don't have my disdain.

The Blimp

PostPosted: 04/07/05 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a huge city MB, you must be very discerning. Smile
The LA Times story and Bibby's reputation highlight the word 'Discipline'.
But in the land of sparkdom there is another 'D' word that is just as important, you guessed it, the word is 'Diva'.
The imminent meeting of these two 'D's might generate a third 'D', and at the risk of turning this into a replica of a junior high pop-quiz, that third 'D' might be 'Disaster'. Razz

sparkfan33

PostPosted: 04/07/05 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

om my god!

think janice from friends!!!!!!!!!

What will Lisa and Chamique thin????????

sparkfan33

PostPosted: 04/07/05 1:22 am    ::: I forgot the "k" in think! It is scary!!! Reply Reply with quote

sparkfan33 wrote:
om my god!

think janice from friends!!!!!!!!!

What will Lisa and Chamique thin????????

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/07/05 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

only two year contract?

refresh my memory, west coasters. Why was he fired from SC? I remember it being somewhat ugly, wasn't it?

Also, I thought I remember he and Mike don't even talk; didn't he bail on his wife and kid?

caune

PostPosted: 04/07/05 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
only two year contract?

refresh my memory, west coasters. Why was he fired from SC? I remember it being somewhat ugly, wasn't it?

Also, I thought I remember he and Mike don't even talk; didn't he bail on his wife and kid?

yes DT, he did bail on his wife and child, Mike Bibby, leaving when Mike was a toddler. Mike refuses to have anything to do with him, Mike is a smart young man who has great respect for his mom!

Henry Bibby and Lisa Leslie together...hmm, who will survive Twisted Evil

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 04/07/05 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For once I vote for Leslie...this has the makings of a disaster.

You think maybe Karleen saw the handwriting on the wall and didn't even want to be an assistant in LA?

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 04/07/05 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Believe me when I tell you, Karleen is one of a few people happy to be out of LA right now. They just hired someone who is completely different than Cooper in every way. Coop understood his team very well and catered to the fact that they were self motivated veterans. He stressed enjoying the game and being together on and off the court and so did Karleen and Ryan once he left. Hiring Bibby is like taking them off of a beach in St. Barts and putting them in Antarctica. Any advantage they had in signing Holdsclaw, Bibby just negated it and brought them back to the pack. I give it a month before Lisa's emulating Stacey Dales Schuman and saying she can't work with this man. I hope Nikki signs a 1 year deal. Bibby doesn't understand the difference between discipline and just being a straight up a$$hole.
sbjules

PostPosted: 04/07/05 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Believe me when I tell you, Karleen is one of a few people happy to be out of LA right now. They just hired someone who is completely different than Cooper in every way. Coop understood his team very well and catered to the fact that they were self motivated veterans. He stressed enjoying the game and being together on and off the court and so did Karleen and Ryan once he left. Hiring Bibby is like taking them off of a beach in St. Barts and putting them in Antarctica. Any advantage they had in signing Holdsclaw, Bibby just negated it and brought them back to the pack. I give it a month before Lisa's emulating Stacey Dales Schuman and saying she can't work with this man. I hope Nikki signs a 1 year deal. Bibby doesn't understand the difference between discipline and just being a straight up a$$hole.

I agree. I don't think he will realize that the members of the team are supposed to be grownups.

Maybe he'll surprise me, but I'm not counting on it.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/07/05 2:48 pm    ::: Re: Henry Bibby named Sparks coach Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like hiring Henry Bibby was made in part so that Holdsclaw could more easily respect her new coach. It also gives the LA organization the opportunity to look at a possible replacement for Laker's Coach Hamblem. Idea

Now where have I seen that face before... Question Arrow

Maybe Hollywood Director David Fincher had a hand in hiring Bibby... Shocked

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/07/05 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:

I guess Miko will be moping on the bench again, she was finally alive last season (supporting her teammates).

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/07/05 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe now is a good time to get that Sparks reality TV concept off the ground Wink
sambista

PostPosted: 04/13/05 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Webb, the girls' basketball coach at Montclair Prep High of Panorama City, has been hired as an assistant coach for the WNBA's Sparks. Webb is friends with new Sparks coach Henry Bibby, with whom he played at UCLA in the early 1970s. An official announcement is expected to be made today. ...

huh?

that's pretty much it, but it's here:

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~29583~2810957,00.html

PostPosted: 04/14/05 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, didn't the Sparks already try the prep-to-pro coaching thing with Julie Rousseau? Yeah, I know, this guy's an assistant, but come ON! Dude's only getting the job because he's the coach's buddy? Are the Sparks trying to turn this into the WNBA's ultimate soap opera? They've got a long way to go.

PostPosted: 04/14/05 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb
I love your avatar. Sooo funny! reminiscent of many relationships. I'll bet the poodle isn't a representative of you Laughing

Sass

PostPosted: 04/14/05 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, Queenie, if they're trying to turn it into the ultimate soap opera, they're almost finished with the casting and are doing quite well with storyline development.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
sambista

PostPosted: 04/14/05 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1carol wrote:
sebibb
I love your avatar. Sooo funny! reminiscent of many relationships. I'll bet the poodle isn't a representative of you Laughing

actually (she said sheepishly), i am the poodle. and actually, the dog on the left is a chinese crested, which you can tell when the photo's at full size. this is one of my all-time favorite images. it is total perfection. for your enjoyment, here's the whole thing, with the original caption:

PostPosted: 04/14/05 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
Actually, Queenie, if they're trying to turn it into the ultimate soap opera, they're almost finished with the casting and are doing quite well with storyline development.

Are there any divorces? Do any of the stars hate each other? Has anyone died yet? Evil twins? Questions of who created that play or dished that assist?

Talk to me when *that* happens.

PostPosted: 04/14/05 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whatever.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
sparkfan33

PostPosted: 04/14/05 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the few SPARKS Fans that post here, the news for 2005 has been such a mixed set of emotional feelings.

1) excited as hell to welcome the "Claw" to LA
2) sorry as hell to lose "D'Nasty"
3) could not believe that "Bibby" is the new coach given his resume

It is going to be one helluva ride in 2005. I cannot wait for it to begin, but I am scared of the outcome. We are going to kick some butt, or, we are going to flame each other out. Who knows; but I will be there for every last layup!

We have no 1st round draft pick, but I cannot wait for the DRAFT party at 9 am (PDT)!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: