Board Junkies Forums

ESPN Draft coverage 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/18/15 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
I don't know how people feel about this, but I really wish they would actually show all the picks being announced. I realize that most of the late picks will never make it, but at least give the kids their moment in the (Mohegan) sun with a chance to hear their name called out on television. For a lot of them its the last time they will ever be relevant in any way to an American audience. At least for the NFL draft, they flash picks on screen in the late rounds as soon as they are made.

I wondered if it was just me or if they were actually skipping over entire blocks of picks. It was very difficult to follow what was going on.

It's not just you guys. There's lots and lots of bitching about just that issue on twitter - every damn year.

I mean, who the hell is watching the second and third rounds of the WNBA draft - not even on TV this year, but having to search it out specifically online - except players themselves and the absolute diehards? It's embarrassing the way they relegate the actual draft choices to an afterthought.

PostPosted: 04/18/15 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
I don't know how people feel about this, but I really wish they would actually show all the picks being announced. I realize that most of the late picks will never make it, but at least give the kids their moment in the (Mohegan) sun with a chance to hear their name called out on television. For a lot of them its the last time they will ever be relevant in any way to an American audience. At least for the NFL draft, they flash picks on screen in the late rounds as soon as they are made.

I wondered if it was just me or if they were actually skipping over entire blocks of picks. It was very difficult to follow what was going on.

I didn't watch the draft this year, but in years past after the 1st round they would talk about 1st round picks during the 2nd and 3rd rounds, sometime they would go to the announcement of the pick, or if a player the announcers wanted to talk about was picked they would do a little highlight on her for a bit, for the most part they always would just gloss over the 2 rounds and to find out the picks you either have to watch the crawl on the bottom, try to read the draft board in the background or look online somewhere.

They should consider having an additional espn3 channel where the camera stays fixed to the podium for the announcements. Wouldn't even need a commentator but it would be kinda nice to have someone say a few words about each and every player drafted.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 04/18/15 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The way ESPN handled the Sylvia Fowles issue was amateur journalism. I am not blaming R. Lobo. I have a feeling ESPN told R. Lobo to just announce this issue before Chicago's draft.

ESPN, if they were aware of this issue they should of spent at least 5 minutes to discuss it among the host. Just to say one sentence with no explanation was very, very bad. Lower than gossip.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/18/15 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d, I will not fully doubt your inside knowledge, but from where I was sitting (about the fourth row back) compared to the talking on the soundstage, the second round didn't sound like it was being shown in real time either.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: