RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Down and Dirty with Devereaux
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 03/01/15 5:13 pm    ::: Down and Dirty with Devereaux Reply Reply with quote

Dev Peters has started a new project. She doing a youtube show to give people insights on women's basketball.

Her first couple of vids will be about overseas stuff. She needs views..... check her out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0f8sP2_UiM

Wink Wink

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 03/01/15 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh dear. I can't believe she played with a torn meniscus! I would expect that out of Russia but not the Italian league!

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/01/15 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
Oh dear. I can't believe she played with a torn meniscus! I would expect that out of Russia but not the Italian league!

Why? I've never heard of players in Russia being forced to play on injuries, I believe in September the Russia team wanted Candace Parker to have surgery and that's why she pulled out of the World Championships, and back in 2004 DeLisha Milton-Jones was playing in Russia and her Russian team paid for her to go to the best doctor and have a procedure done so she didn't have to have surgery so she could play in the Olympics (it didn't workout in the end).

justintyme

PostPosted: 03/01/15 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is awesome. I actually busted out laughing a few times.

"My team had me. We were pretty awful."

Dev has such a wonderful personality and it really shines through as she speaks.

PostPosted: 03/01/15 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:

Why? I've never heard of players in Russia being forced to play on injuries, I believe in September the Russia team wanted Candace Parker to have surgery and that's why she pulled out of the World Championships, and back in 2004 DeLisha Milton-Jones was playing in Russia and her Russian team paid for her to go to the best doctor and have a procedure done so she didn't have to have surgery so she could play in the Olympics (it didn't workout in the end).

okay I mean the lower level russian teams. UMMC, Dynamo and Spartak are at a different level of money and resources.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 03/01/15 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was great! I'll continue to watch.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/01/15 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I enjoyed that. She's a natural. Thanks for the heads-up, Annie Smile

PostPosted: 03/01/15 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
This is awesome. I actually busted out laughing a few times.

"My team had me. We were pretty awful."

Dev has such a wonderful personality and it really shines through as she speaks.

This. Love her!

Randy

PostPosted: 03/01/15 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow - that's pretty much an indictment of the way basketball is run overseas. You get paid a lot more -------if they get around to paying you. I recall an NBA player (Brandon Jenkins, I think, who played overseas because he didn't want to go to college) saying similar sort of things (one example - the heat was turned off in your apartment if they didn't like the way you played.)

Of course, this may be only some "bad apples", but sounds pretty bad.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/01/15 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:

okay I mean the lower level russian teams. UMMC, Dynamo and Spartak are at a different level of money and resources.

Has there been any evidence, or players coming out about being forced to play while being injured? I haven't heard of any players talk about being forced to play with injuries, but of course I haven't heard from every player who has played in Russia. I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering how you got this assumption or know this happens.

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 03/01/15 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:

Has there been any evidence, or players coming out about being forced to play while being injured? I haven't heard of any players talk about being forced to play with injuries, but of course I haven't heard from every player who has played in Russia. I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering how you got this assumption or know this happens.

I guess I have a commy russia kinda feeling about everything that goes on in Russia. Not sure why though but they seem to pay the highest salaries!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/02/15 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This what great, thanks for the post! Im a new subscriber of Dev Now All because of this post!

PostPosted: 03/02/15 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
This what great, thanks for the post! Im a new subscriber of Dev Now All because of this post!

Awesome. I hope she'll be able to kept up her episodes during the W season. I know she'll be busy, but it should be fun.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/02/15 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Awesome. I hope she'll be able to kept up her episodes during the W season. I know she'll be busy, but it should be fun.

I know right! This is like the bare naked truth behind the scenes of WBB. At least the W pays on time everytime lol

PostPosted: 04/13/15 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GGm1syX39k

Dev talks more about how she feels about players leaving college early.

Striper69

PostPosted: 04/13/15 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheney is doing something like this. I'm glad to hear what these women really think about these topics.

akronborn

PostPosted: 04/13/15 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting. I sat and watched the whole video. I usually don't have the attention span for that.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/26/18 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think she'll be back in Indiana

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MUxNbiI2l48" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 01/26/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And you don't have to watch all 11 minutes to find out why. Pretty clear after just one minute.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/06/19 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/MsPeters14/status/1136708228035895298

Quote:
Working on a new interview series with the W players.... What are some things you all want to hear from your favorite players?!?!?!

PostPosted: 06/06/19 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Woohoo! I really enjoyed Down and Dirty with Devereaux. I especially love the episode where she complains to the landlord about getting stuff fixed in her apartment, but he instead sends a ghostbuster. Laughing

PostPosted: 06/06/19 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Devereaux's just got sour grapes because she knows she could have avoided her meniscus injury! If she had just stuck to foods that didn't upset her stomach, this wouldn't even be something we're talking about. Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 07/22/19 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dev Peters has a new show coming called "More than 94".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQcwJISW43A

PostPosted: 08/15/19 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her latest interview is Jasmine Thomas. It ends with Jas explaining why she'll never travel to Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nRXVZohCLg

PostPosted: 08/15/19 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Her latest interview is Jasmine Thomas. It ends with Jas explaining why she'll never travel to Australia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nRXVZohCLg

It would be great to have a Seattle-Portland rivalry again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: