Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/02/15 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beemer wrote:
markinct wrote:
TheSponge wrote:
Griffin still ripping it up down in Australia.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/kelsey-griffin-leads-bendigo-spirit-to-important-win-over-the-townsville-fire/story-fnjfzr2z-1227204290167

Okay so this would be two seasons in a row where KG is ripping it up in Australia.....why doesn't this same KG come back to CT? What is it about her game that doesn't translate as well. Not that she doesn't have her great moments but it's never consistent. Kelsey, can you bring this with you when you come back to CT PLEASE!

Stronger competition in the WNBA perhaps? I don't know how competitive the Australian league is in comparison.

But yes I'd love to see this version of Kelsey Griffin playing for the Sun.

Because here in the WNBL she is a genuine 4 who is pretty quick for her position as well as being strong. In the WNBA she's a bit tweenerish against the higher standard of opponent.
There is a scattering of talent in this league but the overall strength doesn't compare to the WNBA. Here she's in the top handful of players.
Overseas dominance always needs to be taken in context.

PostPosted: 02/06/15 12:11 pm    ::: Douglas' back issue hasn't subsided Reply Reply with quote

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20150205/SPORTS/150209702/2000/NEWS

Quote:
“I don’t know,” Douglas said when asked if her back will affect her when the Sun get going in May. “The back is kind of tricky and unpredictable, so I’m just trying to work with my trainer here and with my trainer back at home, just trying to get things calmed down.”

Douglas said her back never really recovered from last season.

“I’m just trying to figure out the best plan right now to make sure to get things calmed down before I start to ramp things up,” Douglas said.

Connecticut general manager Chris Sienko said he is not concerned about Douglas’ condition because the Sun have some younger players who can fill the veteran’s spot if needed.

- See more at: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20150205/SPORTS/150209702/2000/NEWS#sthash.vwA90eGO.dpuf

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/06/15 3:05 pm    ::: Re: Douglas' back issue hasn't subsided Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

Quote:
“I don’t know,” Douglas said when asked if her back will affect her when the Sun get going in May. “The back is kind of tricky and unpredictable, so I’m just trying to work with my trainer here and with my trainer back at home, just trying to get things calmed down.”

“I’m just trying to figure out the best plan right now to make sure to get things calmed down before I start to ramp things up,” Douglas said.

Connecticut general manager Chris Sienko said he is not concerned about Douglas’ condition because the Sun have some younger players who can fill the veteran’s spot if needed.

- See more at: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20150205/SPORTS/150209702/2000/NEWS#sthash.vwA90eGO.dpuf

I hope she is able to play. If Delisha Milton-Jones doesn't play this season (I am not expecting it), Douglas will be the longest-tenured and oldest player in the league. I would really like for her to have a healthy season to go out with.

Beemer

PostPosted: 02/06/15 4:06 pm    ::: Re: Douglas' back issue hasn't subsided Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

Quote:

Not good. Guess Anne Donovan will have to be very careful with KT's minutes this season.

PostPosted: 02/11/15 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun have re-signed Danielle McCray and have signed Chelsea Gray per the Sun website

PostPosted: 02/11/15 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danielle McCray? Just...why?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/11/15 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

If not for the trade with Seattle, #TankForStewie #LoseForLoyd

Beemer

PostPosted: 02/11/15 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am convinced she is holding incriminating evidence over Chris Sink o's head. Otherwise I can't explain it.

PostPosted: 02/11/15 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

If not for the trade with Seattle, #
TankForStewie #LoseForLoyd

No it is #StinkForStewie/#LoseForLoyd.

PostPosted: 02/11/15 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCray plays an inconsequential role. If CON was really tanking, they wouldn't have taken advantage of the SEA fire sale.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/12/15 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
McCray plays an inconsequential role. If CON was really tanking, they wouldn't have taken advantage of the SEA fire sale.

That's what I said. Razz

Beemer

PostPosted: 02/26/15 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per the Sun website they have re - signed Kayla Pedersen and signed C Alyssia Brewer.

PostPosted: 03/29/15 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question for the Sun fans--would KML be a fit for the team? If Sea takes Williams with the first pick, would Conn be interested in trading with Tulsa? Tulsa picks KML, then swaps for Thomas? I think Thomas would be a rotation player for the Shock, would KML be the same for the Sun? I've been looking at their roster and don't have any strong feelings either way.

justinabina

PostPosted: 03/30/15 6:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OldGoat wrote:
Question for the Sun fans--would KML be a fit for the team? If Sea takes Williams with the first pick, would Conn be interested in trading with Tulsa? Tulsa picks KML, then swaps for Thomas? I think Thomas would be a rotation player for the Shock, would KML be the same for the Sun? I've been looking at their roster and don't have any strong feelings either way.

Thomas is a good rebounder, and I think the Sun will need her rebounding this season with Chiney out.

Also, didn't the Shock sign Christmas? Isn't she a similar sort of player to Thomas? (I'm not particularly familiar with Christmas, could be wrong!)

markinct

PostPosted: 03/30/15 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Look, I love KML but the SUN need Thomas way more. KML is a scoring machine in college, hopefully that translates to the W, but the Sun are in no position to wait for someone to develop. THey need NOW. Thomas has already proven her value and with Chiney out, they need her.

Beemer

PostPosted: 03/30/15 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

markinct wrote:
Look, I love KML but the SUN need Thomas way more. KML is a scoring machine in college, hopefully that translates to the W, but the Sun are in no position to wait for someone to develop. THey need NOW. Thomas has already proven her value and with Chiney out, they need her.

This is how I see it as well.

PostPosted: 03/30/15 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

markinct wrote:

The Sun need a scorer more than anything else. If they get a chance to get KML they should do lt. With Chiney gone they need an outside threat more than ever, and KD is not the answer like we were led to believe last year. Shooters like KML don't come along very often, plus she would sell tickets, our fans love ex UCONN players.

PostPosted: 04/13/15 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some thoughts on the upcoming draft from Anne Donovan

http://www.theday.com/article/20150409/SPORT13/150409276/-1/SPORTpro

PostPosted: 04/17/15 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Potential Sun final roster:

PG: Gray/Thomas
SG: Douglas/Bentley
SF: Hightower/Thomas/Stricklen
PF: Little/Ogwumike/Griffin
C: Bone/Williams

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 04/17/15 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Potential Sun final roster:

PG: Gray/Thomas
SG: Douglas/Bentley
SF: Hightower/Thomas/Stricklen
PF: Little/Ogwumike/Griffin
C: Bone/Williams

You probably got the names right. I'll just play with the positioning.

I take it Pedersen doesn't have a guaranteed contract?

Is Ogwumike suspended until she's healthy and Pedersen holds her spot until then, or do they just go with 11 active out of the gate?

Do they just hold onto Jones' rights or do they have to trade or cut her?

Gray/Bentley
Douglas/Hightower/JThomas
AThomas/Stricklen
Little/Griffin/Pedersen [Ogwumike]
Bone/Williams

Guessing it's Douglas' last year.
Not the most exciting team but maybe they'll play as a team.

markinct

PostPosted: 04/18/15 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the best part of that potential Sun roster is that McCray is finally gone. If she's not, I don't know who they would cut over her.

I think Pederson holds a spot until Chiney plays. That way, they have bodies in case of injury. KT Douglas is still dealing with back issues, I'd say don't stress her with too many minutes BUT if she can't make a go of it...how about ya take a season OFF and not keep someone who can really contribute?

As for Jones...at this stage....cut her. If she can play...I'd say KEEP her.

Are we also assuming Ebony is gone? Will she be the one to hold a spot for Chiney?

DOes that potential line up mean we're assuming Hightower will start at the three....not sure how she's recovered. I like Thomas off the bench, but I might want her to start....I'm not convinced that Bone will start all season long if Williams comes along nicely. Can't wait to see how this all plays out...yippeeee

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/15 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue great Douglas looking at past, future

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/basketball/2015/04/19/purdue-womens-basketball-katie-douglas-wnba-future/26044691/

Quote:
While Saturday's ceremony prompted her to reflect on her time at Purdue, she said she's also been thinking about her future.

"I would love to coach," Douglas said. "I love the business side of basketball. I love the (general manager) perspective. I love creating a roster and seeing the development of that. I love various aspects and love being involved in the game. There are various things I need to kind of pursue and test and see what I'm passionate about."

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/19/15 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Gray/Bentley
Douglas/Hightower/JThomas
AThomas/Stricklen
Little/Griffin/Pedersen [Ogwumike]
Bone/Williams

Guessing it's Douglas' last year.
Not the most exciting team but maybe they'll play as a team.

As a Duke fan looking forward to my very favorite player Chelsea Gray coming out as a pro on this team, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what she adds on and off the court. She's the most exciting passer since Ticha. That alone makes the games worth watching. And I imagine that with EWill, you'll see a player who looks better than she did at Duke. And you know if she made through a Duke lockerroom, she knows how to tune out the drama. Plus, you've got my favoritest non-Duke player in Alyssa Thomas.

To me, the biggest question is at SG with Douglas and Hightower both coming back from injury. Jasmine responds well to having a more defined role - and spending no time at PG.

One more thing - Chelsea is a great shooter and plays equally well with the ball or off the ball. She seems to be fully healthy which is GREAT news for USun.

~rAf
basketballologist

PostPosted: 04/24/15 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Current Depth Chart

PG(4): J. Thomas / Bentley / Gray / Simmons
SG(3): Douglas / Hightower / Faris
SF(3): A. Thomas / Stricklen / McCray
PF(3): Little / Griffin / Pedersen
C(3): Bone / Williams / Brewer

Inactive: Ogwumike

zune69

PostPosted: 04/24/15 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Current Depth Chart

PG(4): J. Thomas / Bentley / Gray / Simmons
SG(3): Douglas / Hightower / Faris
SF(3): A. Thomas / Stricklen / McCray
PF(3): Little / Griffin / Pedersen
C(3): Bone / Williams / Brewer

Inactive: Ogwumike

A.Jones ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14

Jump to: