RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Detroit Coach Suspended

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/27/15 10:53 am    ::: Detroit Coach Suspended Reply Reply with quote

Overuse of practice time put Autumn Rademacher in hot water at UDM:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2015/01/25/autumn-rademacher-detroit-mercy-suspended/22330195/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/27/15 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That seems like something that would be pretty easy to keep track of.

Wish there was more info. I want to know how it happened. It's hard for me to imagine that this was accidental.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/27/15 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anne Marie Gilbert did this at EMU and got in major hot water, getting suspended by her University and eventually losing her job. Ultimately she was show-caused by the NCAA and EMU was sanctioned for the WBB program.

I remember when the issue first came to light, Gilbert was quoted as saying she didn't realize when the clock started on practice time (something that seemed awfully fishy at the time since she'd been around for a while). It ended up being a whole lot more.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2012-11-08/eastern-michigan-cited-failure-monitor-womens-basketball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: