RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NPF Expands with Dallas Charge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 01/10/15 2:21 pm    ::: NPF Expands with Dallas Charge Reply Reply with quote

League expands to five teams for 2015 as the Dallas Charge are the first expansion team since 2008.

http://www.profastpitch.com/news/index.html?article_id=2288

full schedule is expected to be announced on Tuesday.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Hawkeye

PostPosted: 01/13/15 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad that it's actually a new team and not relocated and just called an expansion team. The league needs at least 3 more teams. Hopefully the games get back on TV like they used to be.

GEF34

PostPosted: 01/13/15 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkeye wrote:
I'm glad that it's actually a new team and not relocated and just called an expansion team. The league needs at least 3 more teams. Hopefully the games get back on TV like they used to be.

The CBS Sports Network televised at least one game every Monday and Tuesday, I think from June till the end of the season, and some weeks, including the last week they showed 4 games.

I like seeing the league expand as well. I would like to see this league continue to succeed and eventually add multiple teams that can be successful. It's really fun to watch and it's awesome for fans like me who get to see players they watched in college play at the pro level.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/13/15 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Arizona Heat were very successful and drew well. The team only folded due to the lack of other western teams. Maybe this might bring the team back for 2016. Along with a California team, plus one more, it would bring the league up to a solid 8 teams

GEF34

PostPosted: 01/13/15 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Arizona Heat were very successful and drew well. The team only folded due to the lack of other western teams. Maybe this might bring the team back for 2016. Along with a California team, plus one more, it would bring the league up to a solid 8 teams

I've always thought a California team, LA or the Bay Area would do well, UCLA has always had a good program, and Stanford and Cal have had good programs as well. Preferable I'd like to see an LA team, so I could go to games, but a California team would be good.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/14/15 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I've always thought a California team, LA or the Bay Area would do well, UCLA has always had a good program, and Stanford and Cal have had good programs as well. Preferable I'd like to see an LA team, so I could go to games, but a California team would be good.

heck, I think the league could add a team in the LA area AND the Bay Area along with Arizona and create a western division along with Dallas. The mid-west loves softball, so I also think a team in Oklahoma City would do well, plus a team in Kansas City & Omaha, Nebraska. But this is years down the road. The NJ Juggernauts did well in their two years in the league, but folded after 2005. Went to a few NJ Comets games in 2013 and was very sadden to learn the team was moving to PA. Was told the owners couldn't find a stable home field to play at for 2014, hence the move. I keep hoping this league can become stable eventually, and I hope with the expansion into Dallas that this is the beginning for them. The league was barely alive from 2010-2012, basically running the Diamonds franchise to keep the league at 4 teams.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/14/15 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and the schedule as released yesterday. Each team will play each other 12 teams(6 home-6 away) for 48 games total.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: