Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 01/04/15 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Any thoughts on the 3 Iowa seniors, Logic, Dixon, and Doolittle?

I predict they'll all do little in the WNBA.

Logic will do about as much as Kelly Faris.

Or Lindsey Moore maybe.

Any starting forwards in the 5th selection?

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/04/15 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Or Lindsey Moore maybe.

I'm guessing the difference from Faris to Moore is because they're point guards?

PostPosted: 01/06/15 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Chicago Sky are now advertising Draftsite.com. Pokey must be doing some research. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
sigur3

PostPosted: 01/06/15 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

We don't like to talk about that around here.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/06/15 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some interesting somewhat under the radar players who have caught my eye:

Laney, Rutgers
Goree, Michigan
Vaioletama, USC
Massengale, Tenn.
Gardner, KS

On the other side of things, I don't see what people are seeing in Laudermill, especially not as a first round pick.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/06/15 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Laney, Rutgers
Goree, Michigan
Vaioletama, USC
Massengale, Tenn.
Gardner, KS

On the other side of things, I don't see what people are seeing in Laudermill, especially not as a first round pick.

Agreed, i Love Massengale For UT but i think she'll have just as much as an affect in W as Shannon Bobbitt smh

PostPosted: 01/06/15 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laney, Rutgers
Goree, Michigan
Vaioletama, USC
Massengale, Tenn.
Gardner, KS

Agreed, i Love Massengale For UT but i think she'll have just as much as an affect in W as Shannon Bobbitt smh

Shannon Bobbitt played four years and won a title. There are worse careers to have.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/06/15 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Laney, Rutgers
Goree, Michigan
Vaioletama, USC
Massengale, Tenn.
Gardner, KS

Maybe the Laudermill from the last two months of last season, but she seems to be playing well below that level this year, and even that would seem to have been a stretch to be a first rounder.

I agree on Chelsea Gardner. A nice 6'3" forward, averaging 16 pts and 8 rebounds while being double teamed or worse most of the time because she's basically the whole team this year. I think she might be a good gamble. It would be nice if she had any semblance of a 3 pt shot.

Does Emily Cady have a WNBA future?

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/06/15 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gardner does have a decent midrange game, isn't afraid to bang, has good hands, and can finish. I really think she will have a place on a W team, and may be a pleasant surprise.

Cady is a stretch. Nice college player but not sure where she fits at the next level.

- Amanda Gorman
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/06/15 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
2.Tulsa Shock=Betnijah Laney

Shocked

If you don't mind me asking, why?

I would say Laney is the 2nd best wing in this draft right now. Avg a double double and she can hit an occasional 3. I have been high on Bradford for a while, but I think her game is still a bit all over the place. Who ever the shock draft, I expect them to be a nice pick and help the team a lot, they always seem to draft the right players. Like picking Johnson (Tennessee) over Johnson(Miami) in 2012. wow did Minn blow that one. Laughing
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/06/15 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Gardner does have a decent midrange game, isn't afraid to bang, has good hands, and can finish. I really think she will have a place on a W team, and may be a pleasant surprise.

Cady is a stretch. Nice college player but not sure where she fits at the next level.

Cady might be a nicely sized small forward. She has an outside shot, including from range, and is a very good rebounder and passer. Is she quick enough to defend quicker smaller small forwards? But she'd be a true forward instead of a guard playing forward. I think she's probably too small for the 4.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/06/15 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Chelsea Gardner and could definitely see her making a team; could end up being a late second-round steal for somebody. Doubt Cady will, though.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/06/15 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would say Laney is the 2nd best wing in this draft right now. Avg a double double and she can hit an occasional 3.

Way too much of tweener, IMO. She's 5-11 with the game more of a power forward than a wing.

At least with Bradford, she's most likely ready to be a wing right now even though she literally has no right hand. Not necessarily saying that she would be successful though..

Man this class has the most undeveloped prospects I've seen in a long time.

PostPosted: 01/06/15 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:

Shocked

I would say Laney is the 2nd best wing in this draft right now. Avg a double double and she can hit an occasional 3. I have been high on Bradford for a while, but I think her game is still a bit all over the place. Who ever the shock draft, I expect them to be a nice pick and help the team a lot, they always seem to draft the right players. Like picking Johnson (Tennessee) over Johnson(Miami) in 2012. wow did Minn blow that one. Laughing

Are you referring to drafting D. Peters from Notre Dame instead of Glory Johnson of Tennessee?

tfan

PostPosted: 01/06/15 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laney, Rutgers
Goree, Michigan
Vaioletama, USC
Massengale, Tenn.
Gardner, KS

Shannon Bobbitt played four years and won a title. There are worse careers to have.

Won a title?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/06/15 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey SpaceJunkie....are you out there?

What do you think of Wisconsin's Cassie Rochelle in the third round for the Lynx? Minnesota girl who used to be teammates with Banham. She's more of a defensive post player but that's more what the Lynx really need. I don't think the Lynx could do much better with the #35 pick. Even if she can't make the cut she won't be far from home.

Banham first round. I dunno...maybe Muhammad second round (unless there's somebody better at #23)? Rochelle third round. Let's wrap this thing up.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/07/15 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

What do you think of Wisconsin's Cassie Rochelle in the third round for the Lynx? Minnesota girl who used to be teammates with Banham. She's more of a defensive post player but that's more what the Lynx really need. I don't think the Lynx could do much better with the #35 pick. Even if she can't make the cut she won't be far from home.

Banham first round. I dunno...maybe Muhammad second round (unless there's somebody better at #23)? Rochelle third round. Let's wrap this thing up.

I'm betting on Banham returning to Gophers next year, and if not, not falling to pick #11 anyways.
I don't mind who the Lynx draft as long as they somehow get another center and keep Secret Weapon on the team. Very Happy

Shades

PostPosted: 01/07/15 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

I'm betting on Banham returning to Gophers next year, and if not, not falling to pick #11 anyways.
I don't mind who the Lynx draft as long as they somehow get another center and keep Secret Weapon on the team. Very Happy

What's your hunch based on? If the Gophers do well this season, maybe that'll be fulfilling enough for her. You know, her bf is probably moving on from the university after this year.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/07/15 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Shocked

Are you referring to drafting D. Peters from Notre Dame instead of Glory Johnson of Tennessee?
Yeah, it makes me wonder if Cierra Burdick will turn out to be a good pro.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/07/15 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Laney, Rutgers
Goree, Michigan
Vaioletama, USC
Massengale, Tenn.
Gardner, KS

Won a title?

She was on the Fever in 2012. I was thinking she was still on the roster for the play-offs, but it looks like I misremembered.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/07/15 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's an article that highlights the play of three seniors flying under the radar.

Promise Amukamara, Guard, 5-foot-8, Senior, Arizona State
Alex Harden, Guard/Forward, 5-foot-11, Senior, Wichita State
Tamara Jones, Forward, 5-foot-11, Senior, Southern Miss

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-women/article/2015-01-07/arizona-states-promise-amukamara-leads-five-players-week

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/07/15 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
She was on the Fever in 2012. I was thinking she was still on the roster for the play-offs, but it looks like I misremembered.

Yes you did. Because she was on the Mystics in 2012.

PostPosted: 01/07/15 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Shocked

Burdick is an interesting case. She has a beautiful midrange game and great hops, but her inability to finish at the rim is painful to watch and since she's not really a 4 at the next level and not really a 3 because she has no outside the arc ability, I think she becomes the classic tweener. I mean she might get an opportunity a la T. Young, but that doesn't give you a lot of confidence does it?

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 01/07/15 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
mannman wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Shocked

Burdick is an interesting case. She has a beautiful midrange game and great hops, but her inability to finish at the rim is painful to watch and since she's not really a 4 at the next level and not really a 3 because she has no outside the arc ability, I think she becomes the classic tweener. I mean she might get an opportunity a la T. Young, but that doesn't give you a lot of confidence does it?

Wouldn't you consider Laney a tweener?

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/07/15 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
mannman wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Shocked

Wouldn't you consider Laney a tweener?

yes but somehow I have more confidence in her than Burdick. For one very big thing, she can finish... and I think has better quicks. They are similar in that they don't have a three point shot. I think both are adequate ball handlers for SFs, which tends to be a problem for tweeners. All in all, if I'm picking somewhere mid 2nd round, my pick would be Laney over Burdick.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 19 of 57

Jump to: