RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/01/14 7:07 pm    ::: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for... Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
But on the bright side, this does give them some additional trade options to fulfill their offseason wishes. They won't trade Diggins, but perhaps Sims or Williams could be.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/11/27/7278285/thanksgiving-wnba-teams-offseason-wishes-2014

Pbbbbbtttt!!!! I ain't tryna hear that. I would be highly upset if she got traded.
larmarch5

PostPosted: 12/02/14 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm thankful for more games being shown on TV and for Live Access.

larmarch5

PostPosted: 12/02/14 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jewelsongs

PostPosted: 12/02/14 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For my Sparks I wish they could get their front office together, including ticket sales. They are an embarrassment to a professional franchise.

I also wish for better 3 point shooting.

I am thankful for the players. I really like all of them. I hope they are healthy this year.

SCook

PostPosted: 12/02/14 10:20 pm    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Quote:
But on the bright side, this does give them some additional trade options to fulfill their offseason wishes. They won't trade Diggins, but perhaps Sims or Williams could be.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2014/11/27/7278285/thanksgiving-wnba-teams-offseason-wishes-2014

Pbbbbbtttt!!!! I ain't tryna hear that. I would be highly upset if she got traded.

But..... Why would ANY franchise trade away their promises #2 draft pick??? Now if O said she wanted a trade, I'd understand but I have to say I don't see it.

PostPosted: 12/02/14 10:47 pm    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Quote:

But..... Why would ANY franchise trade away their promises #2 draft pick??? Now if O said she wanted a trade, I'd understand but I have to say I don't see it.

They won't. The Swish Appeal guys' opinions are sometimes off-base. Very Happy

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/03/14 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jewelsongs wrote:
For my Sparks I wish they could get their front office together, including ticket sales. They are an embarrassment to a professional franchise.

I also wish for better 3 point shooting.

I am thankful for the players. I really like all of them. I hope they are healthy this year.

Does the Sparks even have a coach selected yet? (And no, I don't think Penny Toler should return to coach the team next season)

PostPosted: 12/05/14 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm thankful that the worst Storm season since 2001 is still over.

I'm wishing that one of my local college teams doesn't come in last in their conference this season like they both did last year.

SueFavor

PostPosted: 12/05/14 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jewelsongs wrote:

You have no idea how many fans I've talked to who feel the same way.

Neither the Sparks nor Liberty have hired coaches yet.

womenshoopsworld.com

twitter.com/hoopism

whoopsworld@aol.com
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 12/06/14 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

larmarch5 wrote:

I 2nd this... for as much as I used to complain about Live Access, even Tulsa's broadcast got better after the first few games this summer.

I am thankful for Candace. I followed her career from Naperville, Knoxville, and straight into the W. I had no interest in the league prior to 2008. Now, I'm a fan of about half-dozen players, and have migrated from Sparks fandom to root for underdog Tulsa. A city in which I've never stepped foot in.... Laughing I'm that W fan that buys Lynx tix just to see my favorite visitors roll thru. So, I'm thankful for Glen Taylor too Laughing

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/06/14 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just thankful that we have a WNBA to support with!

PostPosted: 12/08/14 8:17 am    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:

Because she and Diggins play the same position.
Idea. Trade her for Cappie and the Liberty pick. Boom, you have your shooting guard and leadership with Championship experience......

PostPosted: 12/08/14 9:39 am    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
SCook wrote:

Idea. Trade her for Cappie and the Liberty pick. Boom, you have your shooting guard and leadership with Championship experience......

Hahahahahahahahahahaha Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You're funny. Talk about potential chemistry problems. Razz Not to mention breaking up one of the best backcourts in the league.
Shades

PostPosted: 12/08/14 10:03 am    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
caune wrote:
SCook wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You're funny. Talk about potential chemistry problems. Razz Not to mention breaking up one of the best backcourts in the league.

Cappie isn't too far from retirement....plus the Liberty don't have a pick until the second round.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 12/08/14 1:49 pm    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
caune wrote:
SCook wrote:

Haha... I'm laughing with you. Besides Diggy played off guard most possessions so it doesn't matter.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/08/14 2:03 pm    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
caune wrote:
SCook wrote:

Haha... I'm laughing with you. Besides Diggy played off guard most possessions so it doesn't matter.

Problem is she's a little short for the position. 6' SG foot becoming the standard for winning clubs. Seimone, Penny/Taurasi, (hint to ATL). Seimone can kill either Sims or Diggins on post ups.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/08/14 4:25 pm    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
caune wrote:
SCook wrote:

Problem is she's a little short for the position. 6' SG foot becoming the standard for winning clubs. Seimone, Penny/Taurasi, (hint to ATL). Seimone can kill either Sims or Diggins on post ups.

That maybe true as far as standard size. But remember she won MIP, averaged 20 ppg, 5 apg, 2.5 rpg playing in games with those people. Its not necessarily a one to one sport.
dab44lb

PostPosted: 12/11/14 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am wishing that Bill Laimbeer becomes the Head Coach of the Sparks.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him
hyperetic

PostPosted: 12/11/14 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dab44lb wrote:

You think LA has SFO type talent? And can Magic put aside the "Bad Boy" years and hire a former rival?
sigur3

PostPosted: 12/11/14 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dab44lb wrote:

And I'm wishing that he's re-hired as head coach and GM of the Liberty...

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 12/13/14 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So am I.

PostPosted: 12/13/14 4:04 pm    ::: Re: What are WNBA teams' fans thankful for and wishing for.. Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I can see that logic for the ultra tough Western conference. Piph and Zellous seem to do ok out East....they are both under 6 feet.

EDIT:

Piph a combo? i cant remember if pokey had her start at PG at all last season?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 12/13/14 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloot and Quigley played it. Piph barely played it if at all.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 12/13/14 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 12/13/14 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Sloot and Quigley played it. Piph barely played it if at all.

Thanks!

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 12/13/14 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Faulkner, mainly when Sloot was hurt.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: