RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Monica Wright reveals why she left Kevin Durant
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 10/11/14 12:16 am    ::: Monica Wright reveals why she left Kevin Durant Reply Reply with quote

http://www.eurweb.com/2014/10/monica-wrights-godly-reason-for-ending-engagement-to-kevin-durant/[url] Shocked So, the way the "unfaithful" part was phrased, I'm not sure she meant if he cheated or didn't partake in Christianity like she did.

PostPosted: 10/11/14 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw this on the home page of yahoo.com.
I respect Monica for standing by her faith and principles.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 10/12/14 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if the situation was reversed and Durant outed her as being unfaithful would be "appreciated" the same way.
justintyme

PostPosted: 10/12/14 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
I wonder if the situation was reversed and Durant outed her as being unfaithful would be "appreciated" the same way.

I hope so. I am all for public shaming when someone strays. It's really not hard to stay faithful.

PostPosted: 10/12/14 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless he's a Viking, of course...
Quote:
One of the women, upset after seeing the two-time MVP having sex with another female, argued with him for about an hour, according to the Star Tribune, which cited the police report.

She reportedly said she had an emotional attachment to Peterson. He replied that he was engaged to another woman who was pregnant with his child.

justintyme wrote:
But while the orgy bit makes nice headlines, there isn't anything wrong with having one. He is allowed to have as many orgies as he likes. That stuff is between him and his fiance/wife.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/12/14 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Quote:
One of the women, upset after seeing the two-time MVP having sex with another female, argued with him for about an hour, according to the Star Tribune, which cited the police report.

She reportedly said she had an emotional attachment to Peterson. He replied that he was engaged to another woman who was pregnant with his child.

His fiance who is now married to him. If she wanted to leave him over that I would be all for her publicly shaming him.

The difference here is who is speaking up. We don't know what the conditions of the relationship are between Peterson and his wife, we do for Wright.

But if you want to pretend there is no difference between the injured party shaming the offender and the media using sensationalism to sell papers, more power to you. But I see a huge difference between the wife/girlfriend shaming him and outsiders doing it. That's why I wrote that it was between them.

PostPosted: 10/12/14 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know this sounds stupid, but the way it was phrased seems like unfaithful meant he didn't have faith like she did, I'm just really confused.

PostPosted: 10/12/14 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
But I see a huge difference between the wife/girlfriend shaming him and outsiders doing it.

Then perhaps you should better understand what you're advocating when you write:
justintyme wrote:
I am all for public shaming when someone strays.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/12/14 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
justintyme wrote:
But I see a huge difference between the wife/girlfriend shaming him and outsiders doing it.

Then perhaps you should better understand what you're advocating when you write:
justintyme wrote:
I am all for public shaming when someone strays.

I am all for the person wronged in the relationship shaming the offender in public. And I am all for the public supporting that person.

Which is what I wrote.

I did not write "I am all for shaming BY the public". In my statement the wronged party is the actor and public is how it was done (as opposed to private). I don't think it was me who didn't understand what I was advocating...

PostPosted: 10/12/14 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope KD didn't cheat on her. No onedeserve to be cheated on especially someone like Monica who seems nice. My thing is if you can't be faithful stay single especially if you are only doing for image reasons.

Since JustinTyme and P_D_Swanson brought up Adrian Peterson, I would like to say this my problem with is him is the fact he's bringing kids in the situation.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/12/14 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did he cheat or didnt he believe like she did? Because i thought i read in a different interview that she said that they were different in their beliefs

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 10/12/14 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
I am all for the person wronged in the relationship shaming the offender in public. And I am all for the public supporting that person.

Which is what I wrote.

I did not write "I am all for shaming BY the public". In my statement the wronged party is the actor and public is how it was done (as opposed to private). I don't think it was me who didn't understand what I was advocating...

Then I suggest you learn the actual, legal definition of public shaming and not make up your own...

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/12/14 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Then I suggest you learn the actual, legal definition of public shaming and not make up your own...

So you want to strip all context from what I wrote, limit it to one specific definition, and then criticize a position I never took. Okay, that makes sense.

Since the post I replied to asked a specific question (if I would feel the same way were the genders reversed), it should have been clear that I was referring to the wronged party having the right to publicly shame (or "out") their betrayer.

To take those words to mean that public shaming is always acceptable, no matter who is doing the shaming, requires reading words that I never wrote.

PostPosted: 10/12/14 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guys. Can we not have a pissing match over something that happened in a DIFFERENT thread in this thread? Go piss in that thread.

PostPosted: 10/12/14 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Did he cheat or didnt he believe like she did? Because i thought i read in a different interview that she said that they were different in their beliefs

Right, that's what I thought

PostPosted: 10/13/14 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Guys. Can we not have a pissing match over something that happened in a DIFFERENT thread in this thread? Go piss in that thread.

Delete anything you find objectionable. But as has been noted, Wright didn't accuse Durant of infidelity, and yet some folks have chosen to draw that conclusion in order to moralize about it. While at the same time excusing actual infidelity that (whether it's anybody's business or not) is a matter of public record...

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/13/14 1:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Delete anything you find objectionable. But as has been noted, Wright didn't accuse Durant of infidelity, and yet some folks have chosen to draw that conclusion in order to moralize about it. While at the same time excusing actual infidelity that (whether it's anybody's business or not) is a matter of public record...

Pretty sure I just answered a theoretical question posed by another poster.

And that conclusion wasn't exactly far fetched. It was the same conclusion drawn by all the commenters on the original article. The way the article was written it seemed to be about fidelity.

PostPosted: 10/13/14 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basically...who cares? Really? It's their lives and their choices and doesn't hurt anyone else. Whatever the reasons, it's over and bless 'em - hope they move on to better situations.

- Amanda Gorman
scullyfu

PostPosted: 10/13/14 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
basically...who cares? Really? It's their lives and their choices and doesn't hurt anyone else. Whatever the reasons, it's over and bless 'em - hope they move on to better situations.

THIS ^

TigerVol

PostPosted: 10/13/14 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

This link didn't work for me but I read another article some time back and have the same impression as you...

From her perspective he wasn't "faithful" to the religious beliefs they previously shared and he started walking a different path. She chose to remain faithful to her beliefs and the relationship ended.

PostPosted: 02/18/15 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durant speaks

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/kevin-durant-monica-wright

Quote:
I love this girl. But I didnt love her the right way.

PostPosted: 02/18/15 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

I hope so. I am all for public shaming when someone strays. It's really not hard to stay faithful.

Really? And you think it's anybody else's business because........?

Yeah, let's brand them with a Scarlet A on their foreheads while we're at it.

Personally, I find using the media to try to publicly disgrace and harm a well known figure that you're mad at, is as bad as the infidelity.

Deal with your love life issues in private.

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/18/15 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

Personally, I find using the media to try to publicly disgrace and harm a well known figure that you're mad at, is as bad as the infidelity.

I don't feel it is anyone else's business, unless they are invited into the issue by the wronged party. If going public for support is what helps a victim heal, then I am fully for it.

Why should a person have to suffer silently if they don't want to? And where do we draw the line of using the media? If he had physically hit her, would it be acceptable for her to speak out? At what level of harm does speaking out become allowed? The emotional scars of betrayal can be just as harmful to an individual as physical ones.

As long as the person is not slandering the other (thus what they are saying is actually true), I will always side with their right to discuss what happened with others.

This isn't to say that we as society should crucify a person for making a mistake (or "brand them with a scarlet "A" as you like to call it), but that is about the actions of society, not the actions of the victim. We have a responsibility as a society to form proportional responses and not go overboard. It has nothing to do with the right of the victim to bring the shameful act of the wrongdoer public if he or she so chooses.

PostPosted: 02/18/15 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exactly how many times does a mod need to visit the SAME thread to tell y'all to take this part of the thread elsewhere? Geez. Louise. Take the whole thing somewhere that's not this thread. Thank you.

ArtBest23 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

~rAf
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/18/15 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Exactly how many times does a mod need to visit the SAME thread to tell y'all to take this part of the thread elsewhere? Geez. Louise. Take the whole thing somewhere that's not this thread. Thank you.

Say what?

What exactly do you think a thread entitled "Monica Wright reveals why she left Kevin Durant" is supposed to be about other than the reasons why she and Durant broke up and the propriety of blabbing that all over the media?

I don't even know what other. thread you're talking about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: