RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Steve Ballmer wants to ban Apple products from Clippers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/26/14 7:04 pm    ::: Steve Ballmer wants to ban Apple products from Clippers Reply Reply with quote

I thought this was a pretty good joke or hoax. It's not. This guy can not be that fucking stupid. He can't be. That. Fucking. Stupid.

So he never learned one of the most basic lessons in life. Something about serving two masters. How in the world upon buying the LA Clippers, a team a mere wisp away from being championship caliber, could he bring with him some fucking stupid residual Microsoft brand loyalty shit to the point where he would let these words and this story come out? Wow. Control yourself, you asshole! Wow.

He's worrying about what fucking computers they're using?

WOW! Shocked

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/26/14 7:16 pm    ::: Re: Steve Ballmer wants to ban Apple products from Clippers Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I thought this was a pretty good joke or hoax. It's not. This guy can not be that fucking stupid. He can't be. That. Fucking. Stupid.

So he never learned one of the most basic lessons in life. Something about serving two masters. How in the world upon buying the LA Clippers, a team a mere wisp away from being championship caliber, could he bring with him some fucking stupid residual Microsoft brand loyalty shit to the point where he would let these words and this story come out? Wow. Control yourself, you asshole! Wow.

He's worrying about what fucking computers they're using?

WOW! Shocked

He obviously doesn't want them using inferior products. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 09/29/14 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This may seem stupid, but is it banned for personal use?!

PostPosted: 09/29/14 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:

In the story I read it was mentioned he doesn't want the players, coaches and staff using iPhones, so I assume it would be personal use, unless he expects everyone to have a phone for work and an iPhone for personal use.

I've also heard the video editing software they use is only for Macs, so that means the video coordinator and staff will have to get all new computers and software if this is implemented this season they don't have much time to get to learn the new software. And if the Clippers video staff already paid for the season (which I assume they already have done so) all of that money is lost.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 10/04/14 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

In the story I read it was mentioned he doesn't want the players, coaches and staff using iPhones, so I assume it would be personal use, unless he expects everyone to have a phone for work and an iPhone for personal use.

I've also heard the video editing software they use is only for Macs, so that means the video coordinator and staff will have to get all new computers and software if this is implemented this season they don't have much time to get to learn the new software. And if the Clippers video staff already paid for the season (which I assume they already have done so) all of that money is lost.

I would request a trade if this happened and they made me switch to their crap.

PostPosted: 10/04/14 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

I'm not sure video coordinators, video staff or video interns could request a trade in the NBA, but I would assume that's not something that is allowed

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/04/14 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

I'm not sure video coordinators, video staff or video interns could request a trade in the NBA, but I would assume that's not something that is allowed

They can always opt to quit. But that would be dumb. I mean, would you refuse a job just because they use different products than you would prefer?

I mean, if Harvard called me and offered me tenure I am fairly certain that if they said they use Apple products I would still accept it in a heartbeat even though I prefer Andriod.

PostPosted: 10/04/14 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

They can always opt to quit. But that would be dumb. I mean, would you refuse a job just because they use different products than you would prefer?

I mean, if Harvard called me and offered me tenure I am fairly certain that if they said they use Apple products I would still accept it in a heartbeat even though I prefer Andriod.

True, but quitting wasn't part of the statement I was responding to.

And I have used video editing software on Macs and PCs and it's not that much differences, and both programs that I used are user friendly, but it does take quite a bit of work to switch over, you have to convert videos, re-cut videos, put together previous scouts again, etc., so having to do that in October when you should be already preparing for the upcoming season not going through and redoing work that is already done. The time to switch programs is during the summer when there is more down time, and it's easier to redo things, learn the new program, figure out what works best for you to do your work, etc.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 10/04/14 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was referring to the players, and if you're allowed to use your own products for personal use. I wouldn't mind if at the job, they had me use a Windows product. What would bug me if they make me get rid of personal belongings.

PostPosted: 10/04/14 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
I was referring to the players, and if you're allowed to use your own products for personal use. I wouldn't mind if at the job, they had me use a Windows product. What would bug me if they make me get rid of personal belongings.

This isn't about personal belongings that they buy for themselves, but rather anything that is team related or team supplied.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: