RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm roster/signings analysis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 04/09/05 11:47 am    ::: Seattle Storm roster/signings analysis Reply Reply with quote

Things to do on an early Sunday morning... Wink I was having one of those "have to write" moments.

http://www.insaneplatypus.com/
BCBG25

PostPosted: 04/09/05 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a good enough analysis on Izzy's game, Keegan. I hope I don't get labeled as an ass-kisser for saying that Wink

PostPosted: 04/09/05 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awesome report, Keegan. I have to agree with you on all accounts. I really hope they do draft someone to play backup point or backup shooting guard, because I don't like any of the players in camp already to get a majority of the backup minutes. I'm happy to hear that Vodopynova is actually a wing who has something of an outside shot (in fact, she was 1/1 from three in Dynamo's game today), because I was beginning to think there were a few too many 4/5's in camp and hardly any competition for the 3. I love Chelle Thompson, but I'm almost wondering, if someone else wins the starting job, would Adia make a better backup than Chelle, because of her defensive ability? Somebody's gotta stop Katie Smith, Sheryl Swoopes, Swin Cash, etc. and it's definitely not gonna be Betty or Chelle. Great job though. I'm willing to bet you'll be 95% accurate in who makes the team this year.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/09/05 7:15 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Storm roster/signings analysis Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
A discussion on 'athleticism'
I've noticed the athleticism = racist concept occasionally rears its head in the world of internet message boards and now is a good time to discuss it as any.

For your next analysis, maybe you can touch on the occasionally racist concept of the word 'Thug'.

I would add that Sheri was more of an all-around forward that either Thompson or Barnes, which was why Donovan wanted her. The most glaring omission is assists (Sheri=2.4apg, Thompson=0.9apg). Take away Sheri and no one is even a decent assist-maker in the front court. Betty just did double-duty to fill that hole... I don't see any passing SFs in the draft. Idea

wadethered

PostPosted: 04/09/05 8:35 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Storm roster/signings analysis Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
I don't see any passing SFs in the draft.

Wecker? Shocked

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/09/05 9:31 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Storm roster/signings analysis Reply Reply with quote

Wecker will be gone by the Storm's pick... Confused

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/09/05 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
I love Chelle Thompson, but I'm almost wondering, if someone else wins the starting job, would Adia make a better backup than Chelle, because of her defensive ability?

Yeah, that was something I left out. I am really hoping Anne does pick up a defensive stopper in the draft.
The Blimp

PostPosted: 04/10/05 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Informative and impressive analysis always counts more than simple opinion. Big props to you. Tell us more about these moves Batkovic can teach Lo-Jack? I was surprised to read that part. I don't know Batkovic's game as well as some, and let me know if I'm out of line here, but I didn't think that she has that really quick first step that LJ uses to ice her less mobile opponents.

wadethered

PostPosted: 04/10/05 6:23 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Storm roster/signings analysis Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Wecker will be gone by the Storm's pick...

lol...I know, I was just disputing your claim that there weren't any passing small forwards in the draft.

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/10/05 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Blimp wrote:
Tell us more about these moves Batkovic can teach Lo-Jack? I was surprised to read that part. I don't know Batkovic's game as well as some, and let me know if I'm out of line here, but I didn't think that she has that really quick first step that LJ uses to ice her less mobile opponents.

LJ is the best scorer in the league but she's only got one post move - a turn-around jumper. Suzy has a couple more moves, like a nice running hook shot.

Speaking of which, I thought before the 2004 season LJ said she was working on a hook shot and I've rarely seen it.
The Blimp

PostPosted: 04/10/05 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes the jump hook shot seems to feature as a Batkovic standard. The shots of her on the Storm site show that she uses that a lot. If LJ is working on that shot it would be nice to see it unveiled this season. Who knows what scoring feats an LJ untroubled by injury will be capable of?
There is no doubt you are right about LJs status as the WNBAs best scorer. The WNBA site reported late last year that Lisa Leslie was working on perimeter scoring in the off-season. Maybe that is a reflex action on her part to try and be the equal of LJ who can score from anywhere.
Laughing If Lisa avoids a full time ESPN job and plays for the Sparks this year and comes out with a few Kareem style sky hooks we can possibly put it down to envy of Lo-Jack's capacity to score from anywhere on the court.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: