RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

My last mock draft I swear!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wadethered

PostPosted: 04/09/05 2:33 pm    ::: My last mock draft I swear! Reply Reply with quote

1. Charlotte: Janel McCarville – They have height and skill in the post in Sutton-Brown and Tan Smith, but McCarville can give them what Sandora Irvin can’t: a banger. McCarville will be a scary player when her teammates can actually catch her passes.

2. Indiana: Tan White – A combo guard will have to do for the Fever, who really need a point. White, who will have Tully Bevilaqua as a mentor during her rookie season, may just be the playmaker that the Fever need.

3. Phoenix: Sandora Irvin – Some athleticism added to a line-up that is all about skill.

4. San Antonio: Kendra Wecker – Nobody on the Silver Stars team is a great shooter; and Wecker can fill that role from the small forward position. She’s not incredibly fast, but her strength on the perimeter, rebounding and passing ability will create numerous fast break opportunities for Ferdinand, Thomas and Johnson. Nobody is a better fit for this team.

5. Houston: Temeka Johnson – No height deficit can detract from that fact that this girl is the best point guard in this class. She could be just what the Comets need as long as Van doesn’t mess things up (but you KNOW he will).

6. Washington: Dionnah Jackson – The second best point guard in the class, and a good option to get Beard back to the 2 spot where she belongs.

7. Detroit Shock: Kristen Haynie – The third best point guard in the draft and will give BL a solid back-up.

8. Connecticut: Kara Braxton – The only post left that I can see starting for the Sun at some point.

9. Sacramento: Jackie Batteast – Why not?

10. New York: Tanisha Wright – Best player available

11. Minnesota: Jess Strom - Connecticut took a chance on Jess Brungo last year, and got a solid backup. I can see the same thing happening here.

12. Seattle: Shyra Ely – She may be a disappointment to some, but that does not change the fact that she was the leading scorer for the Lady Vols for two seasons. Plus I can’t think of anything else and this seems to be the general concencus. She might even be a surprise with the spotlight on someone else and win the starting 3 spot.

13. Washington: Sancho Lyttle – A good mix of Nakia Sanford’s strength and Chas’s skill. Could fit well into Washington’s post rotation.

I can also very easily seeing it go 1. Tan White, 2. Sandora Irvin, 3. Janel McCarville

Last edited by wadethered on 04/10/05 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 04/09/05 2:54 pm    ::: Re: My last mock draft I swear! Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:

13. Washington: Sancho Lyttle – A good mix of Nakia Sanford’s strength and Chas’s skill. Could fit well into Washington’s post rotation.

Chas's skill? Laughing

list me as one of the Sancho's doubters...i would rather take Feenstra over Sancho...

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/10/05 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Ivey is going to Detroit, I doubt the Shock will take Haynie.
Queenie

PostPosted: 04/10/05 8:58 am    ::: Re: My last mock draft I swear! Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:
10. New York: Tanisha Wright – The Shock are all about running, and Wright is the perfect fit for that.

...buh? On so many levels, whaaaaaaaa?

Wright? Shocked

(sorry- someone had to do it!)

PostPosted: 04/10/05 9:03 am    ::: Re: My last mock draft I swear! Reply Reply with quote

wadethered wrote:
1. Charlotte: Janel McCarville – They have height and skill in the post in Sutton-Brown and Tan Smith, but McCarville can give them what Sandora Irvin can’t: a banger. McCarville will be a scary player when her teammates can actually catch her passes.

2. Indiana: Tan White – A combo guard will have to do for the Fever, who really need a point. White, who will have Tully Bevilaqua as a mentor during her rookie season, may just be the playmaker that the Fever need.

3. Phoenix: Sandora Irvin – Some athleticism added to a line-up that is all about skill.

4. San Antonio: Kendra Wecker – Nobody on the Silver Stars team is a great shooter; and Wecker can fill that role from the small forward position. She’s not incredibly fast, but her strength on the perimeter, rebounding and passing ability will create numerous fast break opportunities for Ferdinand, Thomas and Johnson. Nobody is a better fit for this team.

5. Houston: Temeka Johnson – No height deficit can detract from that fact that this girl is the best point guard in this class. She could be just what the Comets need as long as Van doesn’t mess things up (but you KNOW he will).

6. Washington: Dionnah Jackson – The second best point guard in the class, and a good option to get Beard back to the 2 spot where she belongs.

7. Detroit Shock: Kristen Haynie – The third best point guard in the draft and will give BL a solid back-up.

8. Connecticut: Kara Braxton – The only post left that I can see starting for the Sun at some point.

9. Sacramento: Jackie Batteast – Why not?

10. New York: Tanisha Wright – The Shock are all about running, and Wright is the perfect fit for that.

11. Minnesota: Jess Strom - Connecticut took a chance on Jess Brungo last year, and got a solid backup. I can see the same thing happening here.

12. Seattle: Shyra Ely – She may be a disappointment to some, but that does not change the fact that she was the leading scorer for the Lady Vols for two seasons. Plus I can’t think of anything else and this seems to be the general concencus. She might even be a surprise with the spotlight on someone else and win the starting 3 spot.

I can also very easily seeing it go 1. Tan White, 2. Sandora Irvin, 3. Janel McCarville

Why is it that everyone has Seattle drafting a player who sucked playing the 3 in college to take their starting 3 spot?
Anne's not a great darfter but come on Rolling Eyes Makes no sense whatsoever. Shyra didn't start to really perform until Pat moved her to the 4.
Are they drafting her as trade bait, LOL

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/10/05 9:17 am    ::: Re: My last mock draft I swear! Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Anne's not a great darfter but come on Rolling Eyes

Kelly Miller. Jung Sun-Min. Shyra could be a good pick compared to them!
threefrom60

PostPosted: 04/10/05 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a question then, who did the dispersal draft then, from the Fire and the Sol? AD or coach Dunn? I think the picks of Bevilaqua and Brondello were pretty good, especially Tully. It remains to be seen how Batkovic will play (but I have high hopes), and picking Lennox last year sure seemed like a huge risk at the time, but we know it ended up being the perfect pick for this team. If Suzy plays as well as she has the potential to, then I think the picks of Bevilaqua, Batkovic, and Lennox outweigh the picks of Kelly Miller and Jung Sun-Min. I guess we can consider this year the tiebreaker.

caune

PostPosted: 04/10/05 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
I have a question then, who did the dispersal draft then, from the Fire and the Sol? AD or coach Dunn? I think the picks of Bevilaqua and Brondello were pretty good, especially Tully. It remains to be seen how Batkovic will play (but I have high hopes), and picking Lennox last year sure seemed like a huge risk at the time, but we know it ended up being the perfect pick for this team. If Suzy plays as well as she has the potential to, then I think the picks of Bevilaqua, Batkovic, and Lennox outweigh the picks of Kelly Miller and Jung Sun-Min. I guess we can consider this year the tiebreaker.

Oh I agree, I was using the term "not a great drafter" as a possible thought people were having when putting Ely down as a Seattle draft pick.
Drafting Batkovic could turn out to be Brilliant!

pilight

PostPosted: 04/10/05 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the dispersal draft from the Sol and Fire, Seattle selected Alisa Burras. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

In any event, the point is that Donovan doesn't have a good eye for rookie talent and/or doesn't trust it when she's got it. Lennox and Bevilaqua were known quantities as pro players when Donovan picked them up.

PostPosted: 04/10/05 2:34 pm    ::: Re: My last mock draft I swear! Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
wadethered wrote:

...buh? On so many levels, whaaaaaaaa?

Wright? Shocked

(sorry- someone had to do it!)

Lol...sorry, I forgot change that after I moved her...

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/10/05 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Drafting Batkovic could turn out to be Brilliant!

Well she had a bit of help there... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: