RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

4 Top Prospects Skip Camp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/10/05 10:38 am    ::: 4 Top Prospects Skip Camp Reply Reply with quote

http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050410/SPORTS01/504100356/1108/SPORTS01

Tan White, Janel McCarville, Sandora Irvin, and Wecker Shocked skipped the pre-draft camp. I asked this in the ThunderDome but since some of you don't post there I'll repeat it here.

You think these four were told or figured out that they are virtual locks as one of the Top 4 Pick$?

Anyone think of someone who could knock one of them out of the Top 4? What I really want to know is who do people think is going to be this year's Shemeka Christon or Cheryl Ford coming out of the pre-draft camp?

pilight

PostPosted: 04/10/05 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's not at all unusual for high caliber players to skip the combine. They've been seen enough for teams to know what they're all about, they can't help their position by showing up.

Site Admin

PostPosted: 04/10/05 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
they can't help their position by showing up.

Bingo, only direction they can go is down, the salary cap is what it is, and the only thing they could accomplish by attending is negative, it's all about business now.

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/10/05 11:45 am    ::: Re: 4 Top Prospects Skip Camp Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050410/SPORTS01/504100356/1108/SPORTS01
Anyone think of someone who could knock one of them out of the Top 4?

No. I thought Batteast had a chance at the start of the college season, but her stock has fallen.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 04/10/05 12:09 pm    ::: Re: 4 Top Prospects Skip Camp Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
bluewolfvii wrote:

No. I thought Batteast had a chance at the start of the college season, but her stock has fallen.

I hear you, MT. I thought Tanisha Wright still had a shot, but PSU losing to a no.13 seed in the 1st rd put the damper on that.

What about Kara Braxton? if Irvin is gone, would Hughes forsake the player left and go for the shot-blocking, smooth-passing, 6'6 post with the handles? Some would say she's got the biggest upside of anyone in the draft.

MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/10/05 12:21 pm    ::: Re: 4 Top Prospects Skip Camp Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:

What about Kara Braxton? if Irvin is gone, would Hughes forsake the player left and go for the shot-blocking, smooth-passing, 6'6 post with the handles? Some would say she's got the biggest upside of anyone in the draft.

I am clueless as to where Braxton's game is at, right now. If she's fulfilling her potential, then she's top three material. However, that isn't likely due to her reputation.

I think any team could use her, especially Connecticut.

caune

PostPosted: 04/10/05 1:38 pm    ::: Re: 4 Top Prospects Skip Camp Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
MT_Swoopes wrote:
bluewolfvii wrote:

I hear you, MT. I thought Tanisha Wright still had a shot, but PSU losing to a no.13 seed in the 1st rd put the damper on that.

Hmm, is Braxton at the camp?

wadethered

PostPosted: 04/10/05 2:38 pm    ::: Re: 4 Top Prospects Skip Camp Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:

I am clueless as to where Braxton's game is at, right now. If she's fulfilling her potential, then she's top three material. However, that isn't likely due to her reputation.

I think any team could use her, especially Connecticut.

Is it possible that having a baby has humbled her? Babies seem to do that to people...

SORF

PostPosted: 04/10/05 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hearing that Sancho Lyttle is playing the best of all players that are at the pre-draft camp. I still think she could be a steal in this draft...she has so much potential for the future...just needs more experience.

stever

PostPosted: 04/10/05 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SORF: who/what are your sources? Someone in the Houston area?

...throw us a bone here! Razz

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/10/05 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Be careful, SORF. You don't want to be labeled as someone's mouth piece. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: