RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Lottery drawing is....next Thursday?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/14 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sammieee wrote:
Shades wrote:
sammieee wrote:
2012 KML, I would pick #4, AFTER McBride, but before Thomas. McBride is going to be a star, multiple all-stars with an outside shot at being an Olympian (if she stays healthy) in 2020.

She better have some friends in high places if she's going to be an Olympian.

By 2020, Augustus will be 36, so she MAY be around, and we don't know if she will still be an elite player.

2020.. from 2007-2014, which SG is better than her? No guard in next years class will be better than her, and only Jewel Loyd projects to be better in 2016. Sims/Diggins/Robinson are your future PG's.

You are looking at young players (if they develop) like Diamond Deshields (and she's a 2/3), Kaela Davis, Alisha Gray, Asia Durr, Ariel Atkins as her only competition, and even then, USA rarely takes more than 2-3 young players.

My bad....I thought you were talking about KLM going to the Olympics....and I was being ironic because KML does have friends in high places. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 08/29/14 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they want to go passport shopping, I'm sure both can be Olympians.

PhillyCat

PostPosted: 08/29/14 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:
Here's another way to look at it:

If KML had been in the 2014 draft, when would she have been picked?

I'm not sure that's a very fair question because her season was very snakebit. She has another season to make people forget the last one and maybe she'll do well.

Maybe she'll do well. There's always hope. KML was a WBCA 1st team All-American as a sophomore, and last season, despite injury and illness, managed to average 17 and 8 in the NCAAs, win MVP of the Lincoln Regional and make the Final Four All-Tournament team. Maybe she'll do well.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/29/14 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure KML will do well in college, but the question remains how well it will translate. As a first step, I'd certainly like to see a slimmed down/toned up version of where she was at last year.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/14 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If they want to go passport shopping, I'm sure both can be Olympians.

Did you mean citizenship shopping? Ouch!!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/14 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wherever KML might have gone in the 2014 draft, nobody else in the 2015 crop would have gone in the first round.

PostPosted: 08/29/14 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Wherever KML might have gone in the 2014 draft, nobody else in the 2015 crop would have gone in the first round.

Why do you say things like this?? Laughing I'd easily take Isabelle Harrison and Elizabeth Williams over Tricia Liston

thepullup

PostPosted: 08/30/14 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Old poster forgotten password:

I have been watching this UCLA forward who i think may be a senior this year. She looks to be 6'3 - 6'4'. Didn't get a lot of playing time i think because of super seniors. But when she was in she looked like she could play! Great looking WNBA body! Nice shot. good defense. Has anyone seen her? She might be a surprise. looking forward to seeing this season now that the Seniors have moved on. I saw her against Cal and USC. They seem to have some trouble with her. I think her name is Kacie Swain.

GEF34

PostPosted: 08/30/14 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thepullup wrote:
Old poster forgotten password:

I have been watching this UCLA forward who i think may be a senior this year. She looks to be 6'3 - 6'4'. Didn't get a lot of playing time i think because of super seniors. But when she was in she looked like she could play! Great looking WNBA body! Nice shot. good defense. Has anyone seen her? She might be a surprise. looking forward to seeing this season now that the Seniors have moved on. I saw her against Cal and USC. They seem to have some trouble with her. I think her name is Kacie Swain.

Kacy Swain tore her ACL last September and redshirted last season, so she'll be a redshirt junior this year.

thepullup

PostPosted: 08/30/14 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! I didn't know. Sorry to hear! Thanks. Hopefully she can make a full recovery! I'm going to make it a point to watch the Pac 12 this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: