RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA All-Rookie Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AAOK423

PostPosted: 08/28/14 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
Shoni is salty to say the least. Her twitter is full of rts about how mad they are about her not making it. Not exactly professional of her. She teams to be more about herself than her team kinda like Angel imo

I only saw two retweets that said anything about the all-rookie team. One was by a Native American sports websites twitter and the other was by the twitter of the production company that made Off the rez.....not exactly "full of retweets." im not that great a twitter but I only saw those two...more retweets were about her top 10 plays the WNBA posted on their youtube (possibly a consolation prize?).

Randy

PostPosted: 08/28/14 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:
Shoni is salty to say the least. Her twitter is full of rts about how mad they are about her not making it. Not exactly professional of her. She teams to be more about herself than her team kinda like Angel imo

I only saw two retweets that said anything about the all-rookie team. One was by a Native American sports websites twitter and the other was by the twitter of the production company that made Off the rez.....not exactly "full of retweets." im not that great a twitter but I only saw those two...more retweets were about her top 10 plays the WNBA posted on their youtube (possibly a consolation prize?).

Yeah she's retweeted some pretty salty stuff like "God will never lead you wrong."

Then there's "OMG. I need my spoon."

buzzyb

PostPosted: 08/28/14 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:

Yeah she's retweeted some pretty salty stuff like "God will never lead you wrong."

Then there's "OMG. I need my spoon."

Laughing Laughing Laughing

How dare she!

AAOK423

PostPosted: 08/28/14 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right!? And also "What do I want to eat for dinner?" all very scandalous...

Randy

PostPosted: 08/28/14 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I did worry when she was able to name about a dozen fast food places in one of the silly contests they have during Dream games (it was like can a fan name more fast food places than Shoni in 20 seconds.)

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/28/14 6:11 pm    ::: Re: WNBA All-Rookie Team Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Shoni received one ROY vote, but did not make All-Rookie team.

Hi, Jayda!

Laughing Laughing

RP

PostPosted: 08/28/14 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
And the one who has a beef would be Cruz, assuming they did treat her as a rookie.

And Damiris Dantas, who is only 21 and was impressive as a starter.

Hartley struggled so much after the All-Star break (33.7% shooting and only 2.4 assists per game) that it's difficult to justify having her on there.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/28/14 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dantas production went down every month and she played very little after Brunson came back. If Hartley doesn't deserve All Rookie because her play fell off after the All Star game , neither does Dantas.

As for Cruz - she's no rookie. She deserves recognition as the best new international player, but not all rookie team.

buzzyb

PostPosted: 08/28/14 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All the journalist people on Twitter are saying Shoni didn't make the team because of being inconsistent, but wasn't Hartley just as inconsistent? This really does seem like they just chose the 5 players who started the most games, which Shoni was not apart of.

Cruz is hardly a rookie, though I did like the way she played and seemed to be a good fit for NY, hopefully she's back next season.

And Dumerc, hopefully she stays in France. Bye.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/28/14 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Be interesting to know who these journalists are. Our local newpapers reports on the team from time to time, and the game reports seem to be either the AP wire or from one of a few different reporters (whoever happened to be free that night, I suppose.)

buzzyb

PostPosted: 08/28/14 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Be interesting to know who these journalists are. Our local newpapers reports on the team from time to time, and the game reports seem to be either the AP wire or from one of a few different reporters (whoever happened to be free that night, I suppose.)

Oh, when I say "journalist are saying" I don't mean that they like talked to the coaches and that was their reasoning, I think they're just giving their opinion on it all (though maybe they did talk to the coaches, but none have said so).

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/28/14 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shoni,
the flashy stuff is fun, but your team would rather you play some defense, kiddo.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/28/14 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
shoni,
the flashy stuff is fun, but your team would rather you play some defense, kiddo.

If it's going to be either/or, I'd prefer she stay as she is. She should be able to do both, however.

PostPosted: 08/28/14 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dantas' decrease in raw production was a result of being on the court for fewer minutes, which is different and totally understandable given the team she is on. After the All-Star break, Hartley still averaged 27.7 minutes per game.

I care more about how a player performs in the minutes she gets than how many minutes she does actually play. On a per-minute basis, Hartley was not the most productive rookie on her own team.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 08/29/14 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
shoni,

Yeah, id rather have the flashy stuff. What's the point of Shoni without Showtime? Sure you add a little defense but your losing what makes Shoni the player she is. She passes better when she's not looking she shoots better when the shot is difficult, she's a highlight reel waiting to happen and its not like what she does is useless showboating....what she is capable of doing makes her hard to defend and a threat to other teams. Her defense will come along but in no world would I ever want Shoni to lose her Showtime.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/29/14 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
shoni,

Yeah, id rather have the flashy stuff. What's the point of Shoni without Showtime? Sure you add a little defense but your losing what makes Shoni the player she is. She passes better when she's not looking she shoots better when the shot is difficult, she's a highlight reel waiting to happen and its not like what she does is useless showboating....what she is capable of doing makes her hard to defend and a threat to other teams. Her defense will come along but in no world would I ever want Shoni to lose her Showtime.

I love her show time too, but those sweet passes are sitting at home right now while VanderSloot is still playing. She will just have to develop in reverse. Showtime first and D 2nd. Laughing

AAOK423

PostPosted: 08/29/14 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
shoni,

I love her show time too, but those sweet passes are sitting at home right now while VanderSloot is still playing. She will just have to develop in reverse. Showtime first and D 2nd. Laughing

I guess. But Vandersloot does have a few years on her I don't really think its on Shoni why she's not playing right now.

Last edited by AAOK423 on 08/29/14 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/14 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
shoni,

true...but VanderSloot has quite a few years on her. And imo Shoni's lack of defense can't really be blamed for why she isn't playing right now nor can her flashiness.

Her lack of defense certainly can be blamed. If she doesn't run eight miles under that screen on Sloot's game winner in Game 1, the Fever are coming to Atlanta on Saturday.

PostPosted: 08/29/14 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
AAOK423 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
shoni,

true...but VanderSloot has quite a few years on her. And imo Shoni's lack of defense can't really be blamed for why she isn't playing right now nor can her flashiness.

Her lack of defense certainly can be blamed. If she doesn't run eight miles under that screen on Sloot's game winner in Game 1, the Fever are coming to Atlanta on Saturday.

Maybe....but if they won game one would that have given Angel the motivation to go all out the way she did in game two? And would game three turned out exactly the same? Who knows?

Randy

PostPosted: 08/29/14 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems a little unfair to blame losing the series on Shoni. First of all, we win game 1, whose to say we don't lose game 2? Angel's "hero shot" goes in and we win game 1. As I recall, pilight, you pinned the loss in game on one missed layups - and there were a lot of them.

Jasmine hits 2 FTs and we beat the Sky in game 3. Angel's last second shot bounces in and we do the same. There are those who say Angel passes to Sancho and we win game 3. Or suppose Angel had managed to defend Delle Donne on her last shot? Shoni's late basket gives us a chance to win game 3. And again in game 3, more missed layups. Both those losses were very close - blaming the loss on one play and one specific player seems wrong. You could pick out a dozen plays, by either team that would have made the difference between winning and losing.

A series decided by 2 very close games (where the Dream outscored the opposition overall) proves about as much as flipping a coin.

In game 1 Shoni contributed 8 points and 6 assists. That's 20 points of our offense that she contributed to in 18 minutes or so. I'm not saying Shoni shouldn't work on her D, but pinning the series loss on her is not reasonable. We've read pages now about Shoni's d on the last play and nothing to speak of about how her play kept us in the game in the first place.

And in game 3 Shoni wasn't even on the floor when most of the lead was being blown.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/14 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said her defense can be blamed, not that I did so. Wink

PostPosted: 08/29/14 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to all that made the team. I'm not mad at Shoni for being salty considering that the league did use her to sell and Diggins made the same team with her stats last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: