RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The San Antonio Raiders?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/29/14 5:32 pm    ::: The San Antonio Raiders? Reply Reply with quote

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/pro-sports/article/Oakland-Raiders-owner-in-talks-with-SA-to-5654812.php

Quote:
San Antonio has often been used as a bargaining chip for pro sports franchises trying to negotiate better deals in their own respective cities, but sources have characterized [Raiders' owner Mark] Davis' interest in San Antonio to be at least somewhat more serious. He is clearly perturbed with his current situation in Oakland, where the team's lease expires after the 2014-15 season.

Rolling Eyes

toad455

PostPosted: 08/10/14 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

as long as the NFL's fantasy of simply expanding to 36 doesn't happen, I'm ok with this. Los Angeles, San Antonio, Toronto & London(UK) have all been rumored to have interest in relocating a team. Of course the league could give in and award 4 expansion franchises to these cities and collect the expansion fee.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/10/14 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just move the fucking Raiders to Guadalajara and be done with it.

PostPosted: 08/10/14 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Be a heckuva commute to play regular season games in London.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/13/14 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Magic Johnson wants the Raiders to return to L.A.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/magic-id-love-raiders-back-la-where-they-belong

Quote:
"It would be great to have the Raiders back in LA. I would love for that to happen," Johnson said, according to Yahoo. "But that's going to be up to Mark and the Raiders and the NFL. But I would love to have the Raiders back in LA, where they belong. We just want a team, we want a team in the worst way."

Magic, I'm afraid having it done "the worst way" is exactly what could happen. Rolling Eyes

Hawkeye

PostPosted: 08/14/14 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm quite okay with 3 teams in Texas---it's a long shot for San Antonio, but it would be cool.

As for LA, I expect the city to get an expansion team or relocated team eventually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: