Somebody is looking for Lindsey to slap him. Laughing
lmao

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/27/14 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
pilight wrote:
scrappy wrote:
agler may be gone soon. the new storm coo takes over august 1st. karen bryant will be asked to fire alger before then.

the storm is a legitimate bad team

the sparks (even after beating the storm) is a team just playing bad.

Agler probably should be fired. He's not a good coach for a rebuilding team. He's a great coach for a team in win-now mode. Won't be shocked if he's on the opposite sideline of this game next year.

I say hmmm.
If Agler is fired then LA should hire him immediately before another team has a chance to think about it. Very Happy
Magic on line one plz

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/27/14 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
terpsforever wrote:
The whole Harding situation is mind boggling. Harding is one of the best PG in the league. I'm still shocked she has been benched. A bad year--yes--but she has had so many good yrs--too many just to bench her.

something else must have been up with her... her hair was down, and her earrings were in... she never got out of her warmups...

She got banged around pretty hard the other night.
Laughing Laughing Laughing I am going to hurt myself from laughing so hard! Whew! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/27/14 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
terpsforever wrote:
The whole Harding situation is mind boggling. Harding is one of the best PG in the league. I'm still shocked she has been benched. A bad year--yes--but she has had so many good yrs--too many just to bench her.

I believe it's the same situation with Beard... Some players just never are the same after injury. Confused

That said, I'd like to see both under a good X's and O's coach before giving up on their return. Idea
I agree.Beard give us more than scoring. Her all round game is something LA can still use. As far Harding is consider it hard to find a good point guard in this league so keeping her for another year can't hurt especially if willing to work shooting coach. It might just be her confidence effecting her game tho.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/27/14 5:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
pilight wrote:
scrappy wrote:
agler may be gone soon. the new storm coo takes over august 1st. karen bryant will be asked to fire alger before then.

Agler probably should be fired. He's not a good coach for a rebuilding team. He's a great coach for a team in win-now mode. Won't be shocked if he's on the opposite sideline of this game next year.

I'd be shocked Shocked

SEA was a 'rebuilding team' last year without Bird, LJ and Langhorne, and Agler did quite well. He surpassed expectations and earned COY considerations. And, just like in LA, the reason why I was previously hesitant to call for Ross' ouster, was because of the remaining question: "Who else are you going to get?" Idea

They werent a rebuilding team last year. They did well because they were a veteran team that played really well together and played with a lot of pride. The only ''young'' ones on that team were Stricklen and Clark.

I dont think they are going to fire Agler next season or start rebuilding IF LJ comes back for her (probably) final year. They will give it another go for 1 more year for her and also for Birdy(although Bird will play more years IMO). A healthy postrotation of LJ, Little and Langhorne will provide more offense then we have had in years not to mention the improvement on defense the addition of LJ would be..

About Harding, Shay Murphy fell on her ankle in the 3rd quarter of the last game against the Mercury. She didnt return in that game and that is probably why she didnt play in this one

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/27/14 6:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
pilight wrote:
scrappy wrote:

I'd be shocked Shocked

SEA was a 'rebuilding team' last year without Bird, LJ and Langhorne, and Agler did quite well. He surpassed expectations and earned COY considerations. And, just like in LA, the reason why I was previously hesitant to call for Ross' ouster, was because of the remaining question: "Who else are you going to get?" Idea

They werent a rebuilding team last year. They did well because they were a veteran team that played really well together and played with a lot of pride. The only ''young'' ones on that team were Stricklen and Clark.

You can parse the words as much as you'd like, but when a team is predicted to finish last, or 2nd to last in their conference, I'd consider them to be a 'rebuilding team'.
Idea

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/27/14 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
pilight wrote:
scrappy wrote:

I'd be shocked Shocked

You can parse the words as much as you'd like, but when a team is predicted to finish last, or 2nd to last in their conference, I'd consider them to be a 'rebuilding team'.
Idea

That is a team that needs to start to rebuild not a team who is already doing that with no young good players in sight and making trades to get younger and build for the future Laughing

But hey think what you want..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 07/27/14 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe he means SEA would prefer to rebuild with experienced older pieces like O'Hea (not all that old), TJ, Langhorne.....and Monica Wright?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 07/27/14 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
terpsforever wrote:

something else must have been up with her... her hair was down, and her earrings were in... she never got out of her warmups...

She got banged around pretty hard the other night.
Laughing Laughing Laughing I am going to hurt myself from laughing so hard! Whew! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lol. The announcers mentioned she was out with a toe injury she suffered against Phoenix.

PostPosted: 07/27/14 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has Agler shown any ability to build up new players? All I've seen him do consistently is pick up veterans just before they retire like Yolanda Griffith, Katie Smith, Sheryl Swoopes. Svetlana Abrosimova, Tina Thompson, etc.

He's trying to develop Alysha Clark but all I've seen is confusion in her eyes all season.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/27/14 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've seen people backpedal, and I've seen people talk in circles, but never someone who backpedals in a circle, to the point where they end up agreeing with my original point Laughing

Alger is going to have to do a lot more than have one bad season and not play young players in general to get fired Razz

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/27/14 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
I've seen people backpedal, and I've seen people talk in circles, but never someone who backpedals in a circle, to the point where they end up agreeing with my original point Laughing

Alger is going to have to do a lot more than have one bad season and not play young players in general to get fired Razz

I agree... Even in losses, I never get the impression his team is quitting on him, or playing at half speed. However, yesterday SEA looked like they were tired from get-go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: