Board Junkies Forums

Kayla

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redann

PostPosted: 07/25/14 9:46 am    ::: Kayla Reply Reply with quote

http://instagram.com/p/qzYygRIuvB/

redann

PostPosted: 07/25/14 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

''May 12, 1999, Becky Hammon, an undrafted rookie, was signed by the New York Liberty.'' The Liberty would have drafted Kayla, but San Antonio had the third pick. I hope Kayla sign with the Liberty when her rookie contract is finished. East Coast.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/25/14 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It doesn't really matter than SAN had the third pick and they went with McBride. The Liberty traded away their #4 pick.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
redann

PostPosted: 07/25/14 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The pick was traded because the Liberty knew who SA was drafting. The coach would have kept that fourth pick if the person he wanted to draft was available. Plan two was used on draft night.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/25/14 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

redann wrote:
The pick was traded because the Liberty knew who SA was drafting.

So if McBride was available at #4, Laimbeer would gave given up the silly notion of trading for Charles?

redann

PostPosted: 07/25/14 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The coach wanted to draft McBride in draft discussion. He stated everything depended on the teams at 1, 2, and 3. The Liberty still could have traded for Tina or waited still her contract expired without giving up draft picks.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/25/14 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no such thing as an expiring contract with the coring option, not until you get to like Catching's age anyway.

redann

PostPosted: 07/25/14 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The player sign a contract for certain time period. The team either resign the player before the contract is completed or the player becomes a free agent. I expect to see other former Connecticut players join the Liberty. The coach stated the team is playing a specific style of basketball now, The coaches are trading players who request to return home.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/25/14 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can see why NY would have taken McBride if McBride vs. Thomas was the only option.

But I tend to think NY would have traded for Charles regardless of who was available with the 4th pick. Whether that could have been achieved without yielding the 4th pick, I tend to doubt it.

Laimbeer has made plenty of statements. One of which is something to the effect that basketball is a stars game and they wanted to add Charles specifically with the move back to the Garden. I can't fathom that the possibility of acquiring McBride would have changed that.

And let's face it, which NY team would be better? One with McBride and Bone or one with Charles? I will take the second option any day. Without the game changing play of Charles, I don't see a committee approach yielding the same results. Especially with Cappie being banged up. Having a go-to player every night other than Cappie is very important.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: