RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Waitresses at Colorado eatery carry loaded guns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/03/14 7:04 pm    ::: Waitresses at Colorado eatery carry loaded guns Reply Reply with quote

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20140703&id=17752157

Quote:
As she takes your order at Shooters Grill in the town of Rifle --- yes, Rifle --- waitress Ashlee Saenz carries a pad, pen and a loaded Ruger .357 Blackhawk revolver holstered on her leg, Old West style.

It's loaded, and she knows how to use it.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/03/14 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I bet the customers tip well

PostPosted: 07/03/14 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I bet the customers tip well

Unless, of course, the customers carry guns.. Idea Arrow

<iframe width="300" height="169" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V4sbYy0WdGQ?start=30" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 07/04/14 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's one way to cut down on customer complaints.
KatValeska

PostPosted: 07/05/14 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure if it's funny or sad, but I'm convinced that in the United States we are far more afraid of ideas than loaded guns. Granted this is a generalization, but I believe it to be an accurate one.

Personally, I despise guns. I do, however, keep a good throwing rock under a pillow at night - just in case. I don't, however, carry a concealed rock when out and about, but they really aren't so difficult to find in a pinch.

And please, if you plan on owning a rock, make sure that it's the right fit for you and be absolutely certain to learn how to use it first.

Rocks not Glocs!

StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/05/14 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
That's one way to cut down on customer complaints.

...and to make sure the customers don't sneak out without paying! Wink

TonyL222

PostPosted: 07/06/14 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A soon as black youths in Georgia (and elswhere) get wise and begin to open carry for their own protection, these laws will QUICKLY be repealed

TonyL222

PostPosted: 07/07/14 5:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It wasn't long after this happened in 1967 that then California Governor Ronald Reagan signed the NRA backed Mulford act which prohibited open carry and imposed a 15 day waiting period on gun purchases

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 07/07/14 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:

A soon as black youths in Georgia (and elswhere) get wise and begin to open carry for their own protection, these laws will QUICKLY be repealed

what a bunch of douchebags.

PostPosted: 07/08/14 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.cbsnews.com/common/video/cbsnews_video.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#000000" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="pType=embed&si=254&pid=ceuseDzWaxpm&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/waitresses-openly-carry-guns-at-restaurant-in-rifle-colorado-2" />
TonyL222

PostPosted: 07/08/14 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's a very obvious common denominator to all the open carry advocates we've seen pictures of. What might that be? Idea

Honestly, in very rural, sparsely populated, ethnically monolithic community, open carry probably is not a major issue. In a very urban, densely populated, economically challenged environment, this will be nothing but trouble.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/15/14 8:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:
It wasn't long after this happened in 1967 that then California Governor Ronald Reagan signed the NRA backed Mulford act which prohibited open carry and imposed a 15 day waiting period on gun purchases

EXCELLENT point.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/19/14 8:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:

Yup. That's pretty much how it went and how it will go, should your first point come to fruition.

PostPosted: 11/04/20 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE: Lauren Boebert, the co-owner of the Shooter's Grill restaurant has just won a seat as a Republican in U.S. Congress (Colorado - District 3).

https://www.gjsentinel.com/breaking/boebert-celebrates-3rd-district-victory/article_ecf4a820-1e18-11eb-af4b-f3457b49fac0.html

However, she does have a history of arrests in recent years. Surprised

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/08/27/lauren-boebert-arrests-colorado-3rd-mitsch-bush/

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: