RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mock Draft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/07/05 8:16 pm    ::: Mock Draft Reply Reply with quote

OK, now that Mo Currie has made a decision, it's time for the first Pilight Mock Draft!

With the first pick of the 2005 draft, the Charlotte Sting select....

TAN WHITE, guard, Mississippi State!

This pick makes too much sense, IMO. The Sting were the worst offensive team in the league and don't have a starting 2-guard. White has the most potential to be an immediate impact player of anyone in the draft and Charlotte thinks they're one player away from being a contender.

2 Indiana selects Janel McCarville, forward, Minnesota. Krauskopf and company are so surprised that Shaq is still available that they forget to do their normal draft day weirdness.

3 Phoenix selects Sandora Irvin, forward, TCU. Is there really any doubt?

4 San Antonio selects Jacqueline Batteast, forward, Notre Dame. Adrienne Goodson is a UFA, after all, and if Marie Ferdinand is healthy the SASS backcourt is pretty well set. A frontline of Dydek, Thomas, and Batteast would be weak on the boards, but they can only deal with one problem at a time.

5 Houston selects Kendra Wecker, guard, Kansas State. Which might be enough to move Janeth Arcain back to the point!

6 Washington selects Temeka Johnson, guard, LSU. They really need a PG and aren't afraid of small ones (see Tamicha Jackson).

7 Detroit selects Anne O'Neil, guard, Iowa State. A little curve here, not many people have suggested O'Neil this high. SFO likes players with obvious pro level skills and the Shock need an outside shooter. Put them together and this is the result.

8 Connecticut selects Sancho Lyttle, center, Houston. The Sun want some bulk and Lyttle is far more athletic than Katie Feenstra.

9 Sacramento selects Steffanie Blackmon, forward, Baylor. Because that's what the Monarchs do.

10 New York selects Tanisha Wright, guard, Penn State. Blaze goes for the "best athlete available" ploy.

11 Minnesota selects Yolanda Paige, guard, West Virginia. Did you know that Paige had a better than 3/1 ATO in the WNIT? Or that she scored 22 points and had 10 assists with only 1 TO against SMS in the finals? I bet Suzie McConnell-Serio knows all that.

12 Seattle selects Shyra Ely, forward, Tennessee. She might even win the starting three job for the Storm.

13 Washington selects Kara Braxton, center, Georgia. What better time to gamble?

PostPosted: 04/08/05 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Pilight.

Keegs, the illustrious and infamous IP mock draft requires another update please.

Any other prognosticators (sp?...is that even the correct word?) here?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/08/05 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think I'll wait until a few more trades shake out (ie as long as the Sun still has #8, it'll be different than is SASS ends up with it)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: