Leilani Mitchell will sit out the 2014 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/24/14 5:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibWNBAFan wrote:
stever wrote:
Mitchell "not invited back" by Dandenong Rangers:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/south-east/kathleen-macleods-dandenong-rangers-return-means-leilani-mitchell-will-be-looking-for-new-home/story-fngnvoeu-1226892534702

Quote:
Mitchell had her ups and downs in her only season with the Rangers.

When she was on, there was not a better guard in the league.

But Mitchell also had some sub-par games in the latter part of the season and did not have much of an impact in the club’s finals loses to Bendigo (two points) and Townsville (15 points on five-of-15 shooting).

11.3 ppg and 5.4 apg against 2.7 TO per game wasn't good enough for them huh?

Edit: Well I guess when the player replacing her is 16.2 and 6.2 it's not. Oh well.

Kathleen Macleod is one of the better(if not best) PG's that Australia has. So FLB getting replaced by her is not an insult in my book

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
PhoenixxLily
I Voted

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

PostPosted: 04/24/14 6:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
LibWNBAFan wrote:
stever wrote:
Mitchell "not invited back" by Dandenong Rangers:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/south-east/kathleen-macleods-dandenong-rangers-return-means-leilani-mitchell-will-be-looking-for-new-home/story-fngnvoeu-1226892534702

Quote:
Mitchell had her ups and downs in her only season with the Rangers.

When she was on, there was not a better guard in the league.

But Mitchell also had some sub-par games in the latter part of the season and did not have much of an impact in the club’s finals loses to Bendigo (two points) and Townsville (15 points on five-of-15 shooting).

11.3 ppg and 5.4 apg against 2.7 TO per game wasn't good enough for them huh?

Edit: Well I guess when the player replacing her is 16.2 and 6.2 it's not. Oh well.

Kathleen Macleod is one of the better(if not best) PG's that Australia has. So FLB getting replaced by her is not an insult in my book

i don't know anything about australian basketball but taken that as you say Macleod is the best pg in the country and that she was pregnant as stated above... then maybe mitchell not returning to that team isn't quite as harsh or shocking as the article makes it seem. i'd kinda think mitchell would have known going in this wouldn't be a long term deal, that the spot she took would be taken up again by the wonder point guard after she had her baby. i could be wrong but that makes more sense considering her numbers weren't atrocious even if she did hit a slump at the end of the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: