Board Junkies Forums

MSU!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mb

PostPosted: 04/03/05 10:35 pm    ::: MSU! Reply Reply with quote

Nice!

jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/03/05 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks to Tennessee playing its worst defense since Pat Summitt was 21...they deserved to lose. That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Congrats to MSU...they deserve the win.

LoveJanet

PostPosted: 04/03/05 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
Thanks to Tennessee playing its worst defense since Pat Summitt was 21...they deserved to lose. That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

Congrats to MSU...they deserve the win.

That was the biggest choke in tournament history. I'm glad Loree Moore will be off to the pros, so UT can put someone worth a damn on the court.

Can't wait to see what Burke, Leslie et al have been raving about with Parker. They say she handles the ball like a volleyball. Her footwork is the best Pat Summitt says she has ever seen. I can't wait to see something special, next season. Parker, Zolman, Wiley-Gatewood, Spencer, Anosike and Hornbuckle.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 04/03/05 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Woo-Hoo!! Go Spartans!! I'm so happy...both of the underdogs won tonight Very Happy . Down goes the Mighty SEC.

There's one bad thing about TN losing:

We're probably going to get that whole: "Seven years without a title...Unacceptable" promo. Ack!!

jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/03/05 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
We're probably going to get that whole: "Seven years without a title...Unacceptable" promo. Ack!!

That's because it is unacceptable. But at least Brittany Jackson won't be there. Or in the W, most likely.

This is all the football team's fault. Ever since the January 4, 1999, the Lady Vols haven't been able to win a championship.

I'll call it the Tee Martin Curse. Very Happy

Sass

PostPosted: 04/03/05 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Woo-Hoo!! Go Spartans!! I'm so happy...both of the underdogs won tonight Very Happy . Down goes the Mighty SEC.

There's one bad thing about TN losing:

That's the way I felt last weekend when they were airing the UConn "we're the defending national champions" spot. Retch!

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 04/03/05 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
That's the way I felt last weekend when they were airing the UConn "we're the defending national champions" spot. Retch!

I'm sure.

Well, anyways, for only the second time this century will someone besides UConn win the National Championship. Congrats to both MSU and Baylor.

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 04/03/05 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All of those promos pale in comparison to the over inflated Yankees-Red Sox media coverage. From SI to ESPN, it's past annoying. Once upon a time, Boston had the title of my favorite AL team, but I'm having trouble distinguishing them from the Evil Pinstriped Empire.

For those of you not paying attention, the Red Sox have not won a World Series since 2004; the Curse of Pedro lives.

PostPosted: 04/04/05 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What, no love for Baylor? What's up with that? I guess, I'll hold down Texas.. Go Baylor, bring it home!!!!

Both MSU and Baylor played their hearts out, like warriors. Win or lose, I was proud of the way both teams showed up.

Hey, people can say what they want about TO. He was holding his LadyVols down. In fact, he's always been genuinely supportive of women athletes. They asked him if Pat Summit could have coached any basketball team he's played on. His response was, she could definitely coach me.

This really hurts.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/photo?slug=nad15804040425.final_four_michigan_st_tennessee_nad158&prov=ap

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/04/05 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
This really hurts.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/photo?slug=nad15804040425.final_four_michigan_st_tennessee_nad158&prov=ap

Ouch!

I think Hornbuckle will have a special basketball career (on the college and pro level).

LoveJanet

PostPosted: 04/04/05 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
What, no love for Baylor? What's up with that? I guess, I'll hold down Texas.. Go Baylor, bring it home!!!!

Both MSU and Baylor played their hearts out, like warriors. Win or lose, I was proud of the way both teams showed up.

Hey, people can say what they want about TO. He was holding his LadyVols down. In fact, he's always been genuinely supportive of women athletes. They asked him if Pat Summit could have coached any basketball team he's played on. His response was, she could definitely coach me.

I support Sophia Young. I really respect her game. If someone ask what does she have that separates her from everyone else to be included in the '06 draft, it's mental toughness. That goes A LONG way on the pro level.

Terrell wears his heart on his sleeve, and it shows its good and bad side. He really has a big heart. In spite of everything that went down with Mariucci in SF, Terrell came up to his office with a tear in his eye and hugged Mariucci, the day Mariucci was cleaning out his office to leave. Mariucci said that Terrell was the only person to do such, and that he will never forget that.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/04/05 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Sophia Young as a player. But I will not support an institution that is openly homophobic.

Sass

PostPosted: 04/04/05 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree Hornbuckle has a bright future. And I can't support Baylor for that reason either, Camrn.

Damn, that's a sad picture.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
LoveJanet

PostPosted: 04/04/05 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cam and Sass,

Could either of you go into detail about Baylor alienating player due to sexual preference? I had no idea.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/04/05 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is the university's policy. There was a link posted a few days ago. Homosexual behavior is against the Baylor student code of conduct.

LoveJanet

PostPosted: 04/04/05 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
It is the university's policy. There was a link posted a few days ago. Homosexual behavior is against the Baylor student code of conduct.

That's wild!

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/04/05 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[url=http://www.wacotrib.com/news/newsfd/auto/feed/news/2004/03/26/1080279466.23013.1454.0213.html;COXnetJSessionIDbuild69=CQe9uvu1EyCsXYxZxlwKjc4dwZEwDB1JnBhkUutrsNkaV5QYc2zb!962987660?urac=n&urvf=11125961577980.7168009869241595]Link to article regarding Baylor code of conduct and homosexuality[/url]

Quote:
"Baylor University welcomes all students into a safe and supportive environment in which to discuss and learn about a variety of issues, including those of human sexuality," the policy states. "The university affirms the biblical understanding of sexuality as a gift from God. Christian churches across the ages and around the world have affirmed purity in singleness and fidelity in marriage between a man and a woman as the biblical norm.

"Temptations to deviate from this norm include both heterosexual sex outside of marriage and homosexual behavior. It is thus expected that Baylor students will not participate in advocacy groups which promote understandings of sexuality that are contrary to biblical teaching."

MSUstudent31

PostPosted: 04/04/05 1:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
Smoovie wrote:
This really hurts.

Ouch!

I think Hornbuckle will have a special basketball career (on the college and pro level).

Awwww..I feel sorry for shyra..she has never played big in the big games..this win almost makes up for rutgers being bamboozled..almost

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/04/05 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hornbuckle was the best player on the court last night, and you'll recall I was kind of unimpressed by her mid season.

Here's the question I had at the time...tie score, Moore and Hornbuckle on the court, and ZOLMAN BRINGS THE BALL UP COURT! I couldn't believe it when I saw it, and low and behold, pass stolen by Haynie, lay up ball game.

Pat relies too heavily on a one-dimensional shooter; Zolman is not what she is cracked up to be.

Did anyone see the post-game press conferences. I can't believe they made Ely, Moore and Zolman answer questions. Poor Shyra lost it on the podium big time. Pat looked like she just ate an entire bag of lemons.

As a UConn fan, it couldn't have gone much better; UT knocks out Rutgers, MSU knocks out UT. That loss at the Civic Center to MSU doesn't look so bad anymore!

Oh, and I did pick Baylor to go all the way didn't I?

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 04/04/05 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ya kidding...I've been hyped up for opening day since we lost the ALCS! The Evil Empire will rise again and beat the crap out of the current champs!

All's right w/ the Empire: Big Unit's hot (and not in the aesthetic sense), Tino's back where he belongs and the rest of the gang is back.

I think "2090" has a nice ring to it, huh Chowdah heads? Wink

Ballwinner wrote:
All of those promos pale in comparison to the over inflated Yankees-Red Sox media coverage. From SI to ESPN, it's past annoying. Once upon a time, Boston had the title of my favorite AL team, but I'm having trouble distinguishing them from the Evil Pinstriped Empire.

For those of you not paying attention, the Red Sox have not won a World Series since 2004; the Curse of Pedro lives.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/04/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Ya kidding...I've been hyped up for opening day since we lost the ALCS! The Evil Empire will rise again and beat the crap out of the current champs!

All's right w/ the Empire: Big Unit's hot (and not in the aesthetic sense), Tino's back where he belongs and the rest of the gang is back.

Keira I walked into my office this morning and started with "y'all ready to give up yet?"

Didn't they figure out Wells is a plant by George, and he'd never bite us (probably the only thing he won't eat)!

herrade

PostPosted: 04/04/05 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

phuck... and i've been rooting for baylor... but mostly because they're pretty to watch, both in terms of play and, well, um... aesthetics. Wink

PostPosted: 04/04/05 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i've never felt the warm fuzzies for Tennessee, and this weekend i learned why.

tennessee won the sobriquet "the volunteer state" because of the overwhelming number of volunteer soldiers it rounded up for the united states' first imperialist war of conquest, the mexican-american war of 1846-48. volunteer, as opposed to "regular", soldiers were well known to have committed the most heinous and widespread atrocities of the war, including rape, murder, pillage, massacre and desertion. while war veterans are typically honored, these vicious men were overwhelmingly reviled. it's striking, actually, that tennessee kept the slogan, and that it is still used today. i realize that words and ideas take on different meanings over time, but it is pretty disturbing.

just a friendly moment of historicization...

PostPosted: 04/04/05 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOL!! That's funny!!! Boomer's washed up! I'm sure he'll still have some decent games, but he's pretty much done and so is Kevin Brown!

I'm going to tomorrow's (and Saturday's game) and I'm SO glad I'll get to see Pavano pitch. I just hope we don't lose...I can't STAND listening to Liza Minnelli's version of "New York, New York". Ugh!

dtsnms wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

Keira I walked into my office this morning and started with "y'all ready to give up yet?"

Didn't they figure out Wells is a plant by George, and he'd never bite us (probably the only thing he won't eat)!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: