RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2005 NCAA Champions - Prediction, anyone?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/28/05 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
I like Rutgers' chances and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
I'm gonna be in Philly tomorrow donning my new RU t-shirt.

Have fun BCBG! Cool Maybe while you're there you can heckle Pat Summitt about losing Holdsclaw too...

Beware of the refs though! Don't get thrown out Wink They're even worse in the NCAAs.. I saw Bryan Enterline at a couple PAC-10 games and he was missing even the easy ones. Shocked

I like their chances too, though maybe it's because Tennessee wasn't seriously challenged in the last 3 games... Each one was a blowout. Zolman cracks me up though, but then again, how could you not root for Cappie? Razz Arrow

MSUstudent31

PostPosted: 03/28/05 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
I like Rutgers' chances and I'm putting my money where my mouth is.
I'm gonna be in Philly tomorrow donning my new RU t-shirt.

Have fun BCBG! Cool Maybe while you're there you can heckle Pat Summitt about losing Holdsclaw too...

Beware of the refs though! Don't get thrown out Wink They're even worse in the NCAAs.. I saw Bryan Enterline at a couple PAC-10 games and he was missing even the easy ones. Shocked

I like their chances too, though maybe it's because Tennessee wasn't seriously challenged in the last 3 games... Each one was a blowout. Zolman cracks me up though, but then again, how could you not root for Cappie? Razz Arrow

If Cappie keeps playing like this I dont see anybody beating rutgers..they already beat tennessee and lsu in the regular season and she was horrendous in those games..

Sass

PostPosted: 03/28/05 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love me some Stringer and I love me some Summitt. If either one wins, I'll be one happy mofo.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/28/05 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
I love me some Stringer and I love me some Summitt. If either one wins, I'll be one happy mofo.

i second that emotion! (except the mofo part.)

PostPosted: 03/29/05 1:39 am    ::: enemies Reply Reply with quote

I shouldn't have picked UNC, but I was right about turnovers. And Stanford must have outrebounded UConn in the second half of that game, where it mattered, though I'm not going to pull up the gametracker to make sure. (I seem to remember UConn going into the break with a rebounding advantage >4.)

DTS, I think you should root for Michigan State. Confused

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/29/05 2:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm liking the matchups for tomorrow. Unless we have a really off night, I think we will win. Wiggins may be the flashy face of Stanford but behind her, there are five hungry seniors wanting to go as far as possible.
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 03/29/05 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
Sass wrote:

i second that emotion! (except the mofo part.)

Add me to the motion. I would love to see coach Stringer walk away with a championship, but if the legend wins her 7th, I won't be upset about it. Then, there's the young upstart with many more coaching years before her. Look at this pic, and tell me this woman doesn't know the business.

Sass

PostPosted: 04/03/05 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holy crap, I didn't see this coming at all. I had my money on LSU. Now I honestly have no preference at all about the winner Tuesday night. I hate MSU cause they upset my Vols, but Baylor's a christian and possibly homophobic school. I think this will be the first time in Sass history that I'll watch the championship game completely impartial.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Keegan

PostPosted: 04/03/05 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
possibly homophobic school.

I thought it was pretty clear from their policy!

I think Baylor will win... but I don't really mind who wins it.
Sass

PostPosted: 04/03/05 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor did look way more infallible than MSU.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/03/05 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that my brackets are strewn out in about five hundred pieces all across the room (and one eaten up by a table fan), I guess I'll make one more terrible prediction...

I picked against Michigan State three times this tournament, and lost all three. So I'll go MSU by 3, based on that principle alone.

inky

PostPosted: 04/04/05 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I read this thread for the first time this evening, and I must say, it's a very interesting bunch of predictions.

Dtnms (sorry, I know I got that wrong, but you know who you are) looks like da man. He mentioned Baylor back in the day when everybody was all Tennessee and Rutgers and UConn and Stanford. Everybody else?

Shoot! You Call Yourselves Basketball Fans? Tsk.

I, of course, have no prognostications to feel ashamed about. Well, except for choosing Alabama A&M to go all the way in the men's bracket.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/04/05 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
I read this thread for the first time this evening, and I must say, it's a very interesting bunch of predictions.

Dtnms (sorry, I know I got that wrong, but you know who you are) looks like da man. He mentioned Baylor back in the day when everybody was all Tennessee and Rutgers and UConn and Stanford. Everybody else?

Shoot! You Call Yourselves Basketball Fans? Tsk.

I, of course, have no prognostications to feel ashamed about. Well, except for choosing Alabama A&M to go all the way in the men's bracket.

Well shucks, I did didn't I? Embarassed But I picked them beating UConn in the finals! Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: