RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

My new mock draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because people base their opinion on two games: first Ohio State game, and Baylor game.

Everyone that McCarville goes up against is either at her height or taller. So I don't get how you can say that she doesn't do well when people are bigger than her.

But you are going to see only the things you want to see, and if you don't feel like enjoying yourself while watching a great player like McCarville, than thats just too bad.

I didn’t say I based my opinion on 2 games. I also didn't say she doesn't do well when people are bigger than her. I've seen her in regular and Big Ten tourney games. I know what I see and I don't enjoy watching her. Just so you don’t think I’m biased, I never liked Mazzante! Wink

You want to talk about a player that played tough every game against bigger players, how about Emily Heikes. That should tell you where my loyalty lies, Laughing

I don't think she'll be a big factor in the WNBA. That’s just my personal opinion. Even though certain posters like to make fun of her, I’d take Ebony over Janelle in a heartbeat.

Go Green!

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILuvCatch wrote:
Even though certain posters like to make fun of her, I’d take Ebony over Janelle in a heartbeat.

well, we'll see if Janel can do better than 2 ppg on 31% FG in her rookie year.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
ILuvCatch wrote:
Even though certain posters like to make fun of her, I’d take Ebony over Janelle in a heartbeat.

well, we'll see if Janel can do better than 2 ppg on 31% FG in her rookie year.

Won't playing time have something to do with bettering those statistics?

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Other than food consumption contest, I would take Janel over Ebony. And even then, I would probably take Janel.

McCarville has a higher basketball IQ and a much greater skill set than Hoffman.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/01/05 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Other than food consumption contest, I would take Janel over Ebony. And even then, I would probably take Janel.

McCarville has a higher basketball IQ and a much greater skill set than Hoffman.

I think they should have both; everyone join in!

Ebony and Ivory, sit together in perfect harmony, side by side on the Fever bench, watching Tamika get belted again!

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/01/05 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Other than food consumption contest...

Janel is more of a drinker than an eater. And more of a poker player. Given how badly drinking and poker-playing go together, I wonder if she loses a lot of money.

And is it possible that McCarville would really be better suited to a reality show than to professional athletics? Running around, drinking heavily, playing Hold 'Em, roughing people up.... I'd watch.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/01/05 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
In a little more than 4 years, we can test out that Courntey Paris VS. Janel McCarville thing... eek.

Please tell me Courtney is done growing! If she's not in 4 years the 49ers are going to take her like her old man.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 04/01/05 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was absolutely stunned when I saw her in the McDs AA game. She's, umm, SOLID, in both body and skill. She crashes the boards.

PostPosted: 04/01/05 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Paris loses 60 pounds like McCarville did when she was a freshman...I could very much compare her to an up and coming McCarville. She could pass the ball pretty well.

For some reason I don't see McCarville setting a half court pick on someone bigger than her. I'm also not to sure how many half court picks she will set in the WNBA.

Four

PostPosted: 04/01/05 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Other than food consumption contest...

Janel is more of a drinker than an eater. And more of a poker player. Given how badly drinking and poker-playing go together, I wonder if she loses a lot of money.

And is it possible that McCarville would really be better suited to a reality show than to professional athletics? Running around, drinking heavily, playing Hold 'Em, roughing people up.... I'd watch.

I think Janel can throw a few back without it affecting her poker game. It's when they start doing body shots...

And I would so watch that TV show. I wonder if she will be on one of those WNBA rookie, follow you around with a camera, ESPN shows.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Paris loses 60 pounds like McCarville did when she was a freshman...I could very much compare her to an up and coming McCarville.

Courtney Paris is arguably as good if not better than McCarville is now. On the World Junior team last year, she was dominant.

And Courtney is just fine at 250. She is built like a football player...you just don't see it that often in women. She has a body just like her father.

Four

PostPosted: 04/01/05 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is built like a football player...you just don't see it that often in women.

This is basketball...You don't see it that often because men play football.

No doubt she is good, really good. But you cannot say that she could be even better, quicker and faster, if she lost weight.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/01/05 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And she might also lose a lot of strength...

Did you watch Courtney Paris? She certainly was not slow. Someone called her a "Dancing Bear." She is very spry, light on her feet, and fluid, for someone built like a linebacker.

Four

PostPosted: 04/01/05 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched and I think she was very good and will only get better. But that was not ALL muscle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: