RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Marion Bartoli retires!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/15/13 6:20 am    ::: Marion Bartoli retires! Reply Reply with quote

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/15/sport/tennis/marion-bartoli-retires-tennis/index.html

Quote:
I made my dream a reality and it will stay with me forever, but now my body just can't cope with everything. I have pain everywhere after 45 minutes or an hour of play. I've been doing this for so long, and body-wise I just can't do it anymore.

PostPosted: 08/15/13 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very shocking, but I have to say that with what she said it makes complete sense. In a way it reminds me of Barry Sanders retiring. Both seemed to walk away before it seemed they were done, but they know themselves better than anyone else and if the desire isn't there any longer who are we to question. Good luck to her and congrats again on achieving your goal of a Grand Slam Championship.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/16/13 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I definitely read that as Mario Batali.

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 08/16/13 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A few hours after posting this I realized that I misspoke. Sanders was at the top of the game not just his own, whereas Marion reached the pinnacle of what she could. Either way best of luck, she is one smart cookie.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: