RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

we'll be there...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/30/05 5:10 pm    ::: we'll be there... Reply Reply with quote

...in MSU green and white (our third choice, really, since neither the maroon and gold, nor the Husky blue, could get past the sweet 16).

I don't really know how social we'll feel-- we have some non-hoops stuff to do as well-- but we hope to get to the WBCA all-star game Saturday... if anyone's planning some sort of event in a bar, post it here, I guess.

Indy people: how far away from downtown is the Univ of Indianapolis (WBCA ASG site)? Also, can you walk from downtown to the zoo?

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/30/05 5:14 pm    ::: Re: we'll be there... Reply Reply with quote

Above post meant as a reply to Final Four thread below-- no idea why it ended up as its own thread.

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/30/05 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofI is right down Highway 31 from downtown. Take Pennsylvania south past Conseco fieldhouse on your left. I've made the drive many times, but as best I can remember it's about 8 miles. You'll go past Manuel High School which will be on your left. A couple of more miles and the road will kind of split. Either one will get you there, but it might be easier to stay on 31 (go to the right). At Hanna Avenue, you will need to turn left. There is (was anyway) a Lincoln-Mercury dealer with a big cat on the roof on the southeast corner. I'm talking 20-30' tall cat here, but I'm not sure what kind, panther maybe.

Hanna will take you right though the UofI campus. A block from campus, there will be a fire station on your left and a stop light right there. The next stoplight will be at the entrance to campus. There will be a church on your right. You should get into the left driving lane here as Nicoson Hall (gym) will be on your left. Once you're on campus (after that stoplight by the church) there will be an admin building on your left. Then you should see a grassy area with some buildings about 100 yards back off the street. Nicoson Hall is the next building. Parking is on the far side (miss it and you're off campus). It won't look like a gym though. It's a pit style gym so it looks like a single story building.

You COULD walk to the zoo depending on how far you like to walk. You can see the zoo from the Dome. Best to ask at the hotel you're staying at. Zoo would be 1/2-3/4 of a mile from right downtown I'm thinking. If you're thinking about the zoo, the NCAA Hall of Champions is right there too. Actually, it's closer to downtown than the zoo.

There will be people familar to the Indy area stationed at the major hotels in downtown Indy. I think that I have a list if you'll give me some time tocheck it out.

Hope this helps and have FUN in Indy!!

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/30/05 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's some more info:

If you can, get a Final Four Fan Guide. You should be able to find one at downtown hotels or at Hoop City. There is a lot of info in there and a map of downtown (nothing to get you to UofI though).

Hotels that are supposed to have a welcome desk where you should be able to get on of the fan guides are (I don't know what the hours are though):

Marriott-Downtown
350 West Maryland Street
317-822-3500

Crowne Plaza
123 W. Lousiana Street
317-631-2221

Hyatt
One south Capitol Avenue
317-632-1234

Omni
40 West Jackson Place
317-634-6664

Westin
50 South Capitol Avenue
317-262-8100

Hilton-Downtown
120 West Market Street
317-972-0600

Radisson
31 West Ohio Street
317-635-2000

There are resturants that are 'adopting' fans of each regional. They are:

Chattanooga Regional Champ
Ram Resturant and Big Horn Brewery
140 South Illinois Street
317-955-9900

Kansas City Regional Champ
Alcatraz Brewing Comapny
Circle Centre Mall
49 West Maryland Street
317-488-1230

Philly Regional Champ
Champps Resturant
Circle Centre Mall'
49 West Maryland Street
317-951-0033

Tempe Regional Champ
Houlihan's
111 West Maryland Street
317-266-8711

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/30/05 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.uindy.edu/maps/index.php

Here's a link to a page that has a link to a campus map that will show you Nicoson Hall (#16 on the map) and where to park.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/30/05 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm heading to Indy too. Thanks for all the info Kelli. Very helpful. Very Happy

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/30/05 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope it helps you find some fun things to do!

And if you're interested in getting a tattoo or piercing, I know a nice place for that too. Wink

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/31/05 6:08 pm    ::: thanks Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:

Thanks Kelli! We may see you while you're volunteering at Hoop City...

Kelli

PostPosted: 03/31/05 11:43 pm    ::: Re: thanks Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
Kelli wrote:

Thanks Kelli! We may see you while you're volunteering at Hoop City...

Yeah, maybe.

Just be sure to have fun!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/01/05 9:37 am    ::: Re: thanks Reply Reply with quote

Kelli,
thanks for all the info!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: