RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue Wisconsin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/26/06 8:54 pm    ::: Purdue Wisconsin Reply Reply with quote

Badgers up 1 at halftime. Boilers not looking good these days.

Web cast is free online at http://uwbadgers.com/ The link is on the right side of the page.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/26/06 8:58 pm    ::: Re: Purdue Wisconsin Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Web cast is free online at http://uwbadgers.com/ The link is on the right side of the page.

I truly hope Kristy is just letting them have it at halftime. This team will either right the ship and go strong again or just lose steam and lay down and die, and they better not do the latter after all they've done this season.

PostPosted: 02/26/06 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie and Lindsay need some help!......................................

AGAIN!

Richard 77

PostPosted: 02/26/06 9:00 pm    ::: Re: Purdue Wisconsin Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

I have it on local tv. First Penn State, then Minnesota, now Purdue is having trouble with the Badgers. If teams aren't careful, Wisconsin will be playing Ohio State for the tournament championship.

boilerjay

PostPosted: 02/26/06 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game Over..........

Congrats to Wisconsin. We SUCK!

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 02/26/06 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue Fans~Three Questions:

1. What exactly is wrong with your team?
2. What positions are the weakest?
3. Has Purdue recruited players to fill those positions?

Purdue was looking strong in the middle of the season, and the last couple of weeks, they've just fizzled. Very odd.

boilerjay

PostPosted: 02/26/06 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

Purdue was looking strong in the middle of the season, and the last couple of weeks, they've just fizzled. Very odd.

1. I'm not really sure, other than the play of Katie Gearlds and Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton, what is right with this team right now. Erin Lawless and Aya Traore have been invisible. Natasha Bogdanova is a lead killer. There is no senior leadership whatsoever...... And we have absolutely no depth. Jodi Howell needs to get healthy quickly.

2. Weakest position? Point Guard, Power Forward, and the bench.

3. Yes, help is on the way. Amber Harris, Dee Dee Jernigan, and Fahkara Malone are as good a recruiting class as Purdue's ever had.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

My blathering thoughts:

1. Energy and offensive movement. This team just is lethargic at times and seem to play down to the 'lesser' opponents. Then they stand around on offense, which leads me to #2.

2. Point guard, by far. Webb has come a long way, but she just is not good about pushing the ball up the floor and setting the team up.

3. We'll see. FahKara Malone should help, but Dee Dee Jernigan may be a key cog next year. We have two AA's coming in next year, and they will be counted on to produce right away. Also, hopefully Cherelle George really kicks it up next year.

PS. boilerjay is absolutely correct with his #2. Our bench has been nothing short of atrocious lately.

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fahkara Malone may not be as highly regarded as the other two, but I'm probably more excited about her than I am the other two. Not that I'm not excited about the other two, but.... Purdue fans...if you get the chance...check her out in the state finals this weekend. She is electric!

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
Fahkara Malone may not be as highly regarded as the other two, but I'm probably more excited about her than I am the other two. Not that I'm not excited about the other two, but.... Purdue fans...if you get the chance...check her out in the state finals this weekend. She is electric!

I'll take your word for it, jay....hopefully she becomes our 'secret weapon'. Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PURDUE ESCAPES!

66-63 Yuck! Shocked

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
PURDUE ESCAPES!

66-63 Yuck! Shocked

Oh thank god you said that...my yahoo broadcast was behind and I had to listen to Duncan f**k up free throws and Wisconsin miss a three to tie the game.

While I'mhappy for the win, this team needs to get it's collective head out of it's ass.

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers everyone.

I'm sorry that your team has had a rough season.

I think all of you have a great future ahead, especially with the recruiting class next year. Is UConn playing Purdue next year? If so, that should be a great game. I look forward to this series.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Five losses = rough season?!? Shocked

They may have peaked too early but I don't think the team is packing it in just yet, and neither am I. GO BOILERS!!!

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Thanks for the answers everyone.

I'm sorry that your team has had a rough season.

I think all of you have a great future ahead, especially with the recruiting class next year. Is UConn playing Purdue next year? If so, that should be a great game. I look forward to this series.

I wouldn't say we've had a rough season....they are 22-5, but the loss at home against IU really seemed to suck the wind out of their sails, and really pissed the Purdue faithful off.

I'm looking forward to the recruiting class next season, but I sure wish this team would kick it back up a few notches for the rest of this season.

PostPosted: 02/26/06 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rough as in puzzling losses. Not rough, as in they lost 12 games.

Koopster

PostPosted: 02/27/06 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

1. They are having major confidence issues. Most teams find a stretch where they hit a wall. We are in the midst of a bit one now.

2. Point guard and center. LW-H is playing well at the #5, but we do not have a true catch and shoot post player stepping up right now. The closest thing we have is a talented freshman (Campbell), and she need maturity and strength. We have talent and depth at the #2, 3, and 4.

3. Purdue has not had a center to be really excited about since 2001. We have come in second and third for a number of centers and currently struggle to get post points. We have had good to serviceable point guards in the past, but I worry about our depth and hope they are planning on offering to another in the following class. Malone might be the next great player, but anything from foul trouble to the unmentionable turns good teams to moderate in a hurry.

O.G.

PostPosted: 02/27/06 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, Wisconsin has obviously improved some since the beginning of the season as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: