RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sun's Whalen brightens day for an R.I. girls hoop group

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopher5

PostPosted: 03/31/05 11:01 am    ::: Sun's Whalen brightens day for an R.I. girls hoop group Reply Reply with quote

http://www.projo.com/sports/content/projo_20050331_31sun.2325387.html

Of interest to Sun fans:

To that end, the team confirmed yesterday it will hold an open practice at the University of Rhode Island's Keaney Gym on May 18 from 5 to 7 p.m. The free event will include a light practice, intrasquad scrimmage and a chance for pictures and autographs with all of the players. It will be one of two open practices the team will hold; the second will be in Connecticut.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/31/05 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks goph! They did two last year in CT in preseason. Of course, both times they ran on Dani's AAU practice night. This first one I'll be in South Carolina on vaca!

gopher5

PostPosted: 03/31/05 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's too bad you will not be around for the first one.

The Lynx offered an open practice in the middle of the season last year and I think are planning on doing it again. It would be interesting to see a preseason practice and one later in the season to see what adjustments have been made, etc.

I saw Lindsay practice a few times as a Gopher and it would be fun to see her with the Sun. Maybe you can get them to offer one when the Sun come to play at the Barn in May. Smile

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/31/05 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:
That's too bad you will not be around for the first one.

The Lynx offered an open practice in the middle of the season last year and I think are planning on doing it again. It would be interesting to see a preseason practice and one later in the season to see what adjustments have been made, etc.

I saw Lindsay practice a few times as a Gopher and it would be fun to see her with the Sun. Maybe you can get them to offer one when the Sun come to play at the Barn in May. Smile

They do one in CT during the regular season for STH too. That's always fun, even if they rush you around like cattle to get the autographs done!

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/31/05 7:58 pm    ::: open practices Reply Reply with quote

gopher5 wrote:

The Lynx midseason open practice last year was pretty great: highlights were seeing SLT's tiny daughter; seeing SLT play more (we've been using her as a center, but she'd be a good wing); watching Tamika work the crowd; and seeing how scrimmage against male practice players looks.

I think it costs money to run an open practice, but it could happen: it's not like the U will be using the Barn for much else in May. Lynxfrontoffice, do you read this board?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: