RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA Softball
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colt13

PostPosted: 05/25/13 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Toughest loss was by South Alabama . 6-1 lead on Florida State going to the final inning of the final game . Gave up a grand slam to tie it and lost it in the 8th .

True. Lafayette trying to top that by giving away a game to Michigan. Don't get me wrong, Michigan played well. But Driezinga had to throw 149 pitches and got worn down. But Lafayette made an error in the 1st, and then in the 8th on consecutive pitches, hit batter, error, passed ball, home run.

I saw a game earlier this year in which a team scored 3 runs without the ball ever leaving the infield, and thought that would be the oddest sequence I saw this year. I was wrong.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/27/13 12:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here are the 8 teams going to the WCWS:

1. Oklahoma
2. Florida
4. Texas
5. Arizona State
7. Tennessee
8. Michigan
11. Washington
14. Nebraska

This year there are 4 conferences represented at the WCWS with each conference sending 2 teams.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/27/13 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here are the matchups for the first day of the WCWS (Thursday, May 30)

Times posted are Eastern time:
12pm
14. Nebraska
11. Washington

2:30pm
7. Tennessee
2. Florida

7pm
5. Arizona State
4. Texas

9:30pm
8 Michigan
1. Oklahoma

justynkarr

PostPosted: 05/28/13 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great story on the Oklahoma Softball Program. It is stories like this and how Sherri Coale has brought the Women's Basketball team back from near destruction that make me believe I would love Oklahoma women's athletics even if I hadn't graduated from OU. Just thought I would pass this story along. So ready for Thursday night, got my tickets the other day. Hope the weather cooperates.

colt13

PostPosted: 05/29/13 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/ranking_summary?academic_year=2013&division=1&ranking_period=&sport_code=WSB

Still expecting a Tennessee/Oklahoma final, but wouldn't be surprised to see anybody out of the top bracket. Oklahoma and ASU the favorites in the bottom half.

NCAA.COM has a nice ranking tool, so if you are interested in stats of the final 8, the link is above. Hit custom rank summary.

colt13

PostPosted: 06/03/13 6:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee vs Oklahoma. Check your times, as they announced a Tuesday start for the series on Saturday, but didn't need any extra elimination games, so not sure if we are back to a Monday start.

Can't go by without mentioning the Florida-Nebraska game. Only saw the 15th in real time, saw the rest yesterday. Nebraska probably didn't deserve to win, with the 6 official errors, and a couple more that weren't counted, and some bad baserunning, but they fought hard and were enjoyable to watch. And Florida kept fighting. Haeger will be fun to watch next year.

justynkarr

PostPosted: 06/03/13 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma comes back to beat Tennessee in the 12th inning. Wow. What a game?!

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 06/04/13 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I absolutely was glued to the tv watching this game. Amazing indeed. At times it can feel like a basketball game where the momentum just swings one way and then all the way back. The pace is great and I am just looking forward to tonight to see how Tennessee responds to such a heart wrenching loss in game one. Ireally thought they had it with that three run homer and then it went to another inning. Incredible stuff.

justynkarr

PostPosted: 06/04/13 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma is the National Champion. Well deserved. One of the greatest softball teams ever assembled. I am soooooo happy.

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 06/05/13 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah that was a pretty awesome display by OU. Congrats!

colt13

PostPosted: 06/05/13 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Oklahoma. Once they came back in game one, you kind of figured they would win. Just a great performance on the mound and at the plate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: