RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lisa Denies 'Diva-hood'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Blimp

PostPosted: 03/29/05 10:07 pm    ::: Lisa Denies 'Diva-hood' Reply Reply with quote

Sandwiched between NCAA hoop talk, Lisa Leslie emphatically denied that she was a diva yesterday on ESPN. Surprised
As if to back up that announcement SDS confirmed that Lisa was one of the nicest people you could meet.
A clear statement on this situation was definitely needed (given those persistent rumours that secretly she might be one Embarassed ) and it, (the denial) should quell any existing doubts.
Anyone who had any suspicions in this regard can now breathe a sigh of relief.

bigbri131014

PostPosted: 03/29/05 11:02 pm    ::: Re: Lisa Denies 'Diva-hood' Reply Reply with quote

The Blimp wrote:
Sandwiched between NCAA hoop talk, Lisa Leslie emphatically denied that she was a diva yesterday on ESPN. Surprised
As if to back up that announcement SDS confirmed that Lisa was one of the nicest people you could meet.
A clear statement on this situation was definitely needed (given those persistent rumours that secretly she might be one Embarassed ) and it, (the denial) should quell any existing doubts.
Anyone who had any suspicions in this regard can now breathe a sigh of relief.

omg i was LMAO when she said all that i went to Wal mart and Target the other day LMAO

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/29/05 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed again that Stacey yelled out that she "can't work with this woman anymore." How many times has she said that in the last couple weeks? Very Happy

Sass

PostPosted: 03/30/05 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So how did the subject of Diva-hood get brought up? Was it by the guy who sits at the desk with Lisa and SDS, or what?

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/30/05 12:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Par for the course...they talk about themselves and every thing non-substantive about the game. Just like Ann and Nancy...

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/30/05 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can somebody pay enough money for Stacey to get on the court again?
The Blimp

PostPosted: 03/30/05 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it arose because they were discussing Augustus' major (something to do with fashion design) and apparently this was Lisa's major in college as well. Someone mentioned Diva (in the fashionista sense) which prompted Lisa to make the statement, followed by remarks to the effect that she often slummed it with the plebs (my words) at Wal - Mart and Target.
But JimmyK, there was no yelling that I could hear and the remarks were sort of asides. But of course the remarks were not specifically about basketball and therefore an easy target for CamrnCrz1974 to characterise as non-substantive. They were, but the rest of their comments were focussed on the basketball.
Very Happy

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/30/05 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
therefore an easy target for CamrnCrz1974 to characterise as non-substantive.

No, it is Lisa's commentary that makes it non-substantive. She cannot diagram an offense or defense. She makes basic observations that do not require any special basketball skills/knowledge to make.

Sass

PostPosted: 03/30/05 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, thanks. I was just wondering if LL brought it up in a defensive kinda way. Cause no matter what she says, she is a diva.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/30/05 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Blimp wrote:
But JimmyK, there was no yelling that I could hear and the remarks were sort of asides.

Well, yeah. No yelling as in arguing. But yelling out...should've put it that way. Or as us rednecks from Tennessee call it, "hollering." I know I've heard her say that (in whichever form) at least twice this tournament so far.

The Blimp

PostPosted: 03/30/05 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Can somebody pay enough money for Stacey to get on the court again?

Why sir, I've heard tell of a gentleman by the name of Sulka who will pony up the cash for good women basketballers.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/30/05 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Blimp wrote:
Why sir, I've heard tell of a gentleman by the name of Sulka who will pony up the cash for good women basketballers.

Well SDS doesn't qualify then...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: