RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Updated Mick Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/30/05 10:33 am    ::: Re: Yep Reply Reply with quote

Haynie reminds me a bit of Amber Jacobs...a steal in the 2nd round!

Guys how about Cisti Greenwalt?? Will she make anyone's team?? I think she could go in the second round as well...

dtsnms wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Matter has trouble with athletic defenders (I have seen her a number of times in person...over 10). Also, she cannot put the ball on the floor and pull up for a mid-range jumper...just not in her arsenal.

Smith-Taylor is much more athletic and can get her shot better. Bell's stock is based on pure athleticism alone and the ability to create off the dribble (Bell's outside shot is questionable). Given the athleticism of the W, I would take both those players over Matter.

I've seen OSU three and a half times this year, twice against the Gophers, half the reg-season game against Rutgers, and the Sweet 16 match vs. RU. Each time Matter has been mostly shut down. Like Mazzante last year, she's depended in the past on an offense designed to get her open; also (as Ted and others have pointed out) she's benefited from the fact that almost everybody needs to double-team Davenport. I wouldn't draft her.

I [heart] Haynie, but does anyone else like Jess Strom? Watching her this year has made me wonder how good she'd look if Penn State had real posts she could pass to. Is she a promising second-rounder?

I like Strom, but she reminds me (in limited viewing) of Valek. Is she a better all around player?

stever

PostPosted: 03/30/05 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been wondering about Cisti myself, the Texas Tech folks I talk to say she tends to "disappear" for extended periods, and question her ability to play a very physical game night after night.

http://www.hoopscoop.net/

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/30/05 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish I knew...she looks like an able body, big & strong. She must've done something horrible during the last TX Tech game since she was benched for most of the 2nd half.

Anyone? Cam? Pilight or Keegs? Any opinions on Greenwalt?

stever wrote:
I've been wondering about Cisti myself, the Texas Tech folks I talk to say she tends to "disappear" for extended periods, and question her ability to play a very physical game night after night.

http://www.hoopscoop.net/

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/30/05 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Greenwalt is one player who's stock dipped in the Tourney, IMHO. I was expecting more from her and the team. I thought they could take Tenn, but it didn't happen.

stever

PostPosted: 03/30/05 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my guesses, re: Greenwalt

best case scenario: A Van Gorp-like backup post

worst case: totally dominating at the Lubbock YWCA

8^)

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/30/05 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever...you are the man on the case, I tell ya'. Actually, should maybe check and see if that spot at the Y is open first...LOL. And that is really too bad because, as was already noted, she does have great height and build.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/30/05 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

8^)

C'mon Stever, be fair. As long as the Lubbock Hawks are in the NWBL Greenwalt will have a place to play!

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/30/05 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
stever wrote:

8^)

C'mon Stever, be fair. As long as the Lubbock Hawks are in the NWBL Greenwalt will have a place to play!

Yeah, Stacey Stephens might not be back next season after playing for the Liberty and going deep into the playoffs this year. Go ahead and print up the jersey.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/30/05 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Greenwalt - good shotblocker, does tend to disappear, great story (overcoming cancer, injuries, vehicular accident).

Second round pick...might make a roster. I do not believe she will be an impact player in the WNBA.

(*waits for Admiral to save this message*)

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/30/05 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks dear Cam!!!

Greenwalt sounds a LOT better than Donafoe!!! At least she can block shots! If the Libs draft her, we won't be needing her for much...just garbage minutes...but I think it would be OK. I'd be happier w/ Feenstra though! (don't know how she'll deal w/ all those <gasp> lesbians and I'm not sure I want Jerry Falwell dirtying MSG).... Wink

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

Greenwalt - good shotblocker, does tend to disappear, great story (overcoming cancer, injuries, vehicular accident).

Second round pick...might make a roster. I do not believe she will be an impact player in the WNBA.

(*waits for Admiral to save this message*)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: