RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Colorado's Kathy McConnell-Miller Article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unkiemark

PostPosted: 02/20/06 7:47 pm    ::: Colorado's Kathy McConnell-Miller Article Reply Reply with quote

Interesting article in today's Boulder Daily Camera on CU's head coach Kathy McConnell-Miller and her family.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/cu_womens_basketball/article/0,1713,BDC_2449_4481451,00.html

PostPosted: 02/20/06 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fun read. I know there have been fans from hoopscoop who haven't cared much for the Camera's coverage of the team the past few years, but I think Chris Shelton has done a great job of covering the team this season.

Mark, you're the local high school hoops guru - do you know who is the unnamed "top junior" in the state that the piece mentioned?

swok34

PostPosted: 02/20/06 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ProfessorChaos06 wrote:
Fun read. I know there have been fans from hoopscoop who haven't cared much for the Camera's coverage of the team the past few years, but I think Chris Shelton has done a great job of covering the team this season.

I think Chris Shelton has done an excellent job; I really enjoy his articles.

unkiemark

PostPosted: 02/20/06 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am one of the HoopScoop members who has been critical of the Daily Camera and Shelton in terms of their coverage of the women's basketball team. I think that the coverage has been a bit better this season, but still not great. Most likely I go spoiled back in the days - 10 to 12 seasons ago when Greg Johnson was covering the team for the Camera, he really went in depth with all of his articles.

Sometimes I am not convinced that Shelton has the same commitment that Johnson did. At the same time, who knows what the Camera's commitment to CU women's sports is? I questioned the Camera's editor on this very issue back in the summer at a CU town meeting. I basically lit him up for having unpaid interns covering the soccer games, etc. He stated that their surveys helped them determine what their readers wanted.

Concerning the top junior in the state, it is either Jaclyn Thoman, a 5-9 point guard at Highlands Ranch HS or Melissa Jones, a 5-10 shooting guard at Legacy HS in Broomfield. My guess is that the Buffs would like to sign both of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: