RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

St. John's at DePaul Women's Basketball Photo Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 02/19/06 8:41 am    ::: St. John's at DePaul Women's Basketball Photo Gallery Reply Reply with quote

St. John's at DePaul Women's Basketball Photo Gallery

By Amy Lugibihl, Chicago Staff Photographer: February 19, 2006

http://www.sportspagemagazine.com/images/college/wbball/depaulStjohns/index.html

PostPosted: 02/19/06 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the photos! So close and yet so far...

PostPosted: 02/19/06 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John's will eventually win these games. It would be nice to see St. John's get a player like Erica Morrow, Anjale Barrett, Lorin Dixon, or Sky Lindsay. There's a lot of young talent in New York and New Jersey...it would be great to see SJU get some of it.

Queenie...do you think Monique McLean has WNBA potential? I really like her game.

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/19/06 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
St. John's will eventually win these games. It would be nice to see St. John's get a player like Erica Morrow, Anjale Barrett, Lorin Dixon, or Sky Lindsay. There's a lot of young talent in New York and New Jersey...it would be great to see SJU get some of it.

Queenie...do you think Monique McLean has WNBA potential? I really like her game.

If they put together one more year like this and if they can keep Coach Barnes Arico from bolting, I think SJU will start competing for the NY/NJ recruits and winning those competitions. Hey, we're already poaching Connecticut. Wink I also think that once we have one more elite player to go with Angela Clark and Kia Wright, we can be consistently ranked. We kept it close against UConn and RU (hell, closer than ND did!), and we had DePaul tied with 13 seconds left yesterday. If only Marquette weren't our deadly double... *smile at Marquette Fan*

I'm not sure about Monique yet, but she's only a freshman. She's talented but frustrating enough that I call her "Baby Shameka"- similar build and style, plus the same number. What I'm really looking forward in regards to the pros is next year, when Angela and Kia are seniors and draft eligible. If Angie bulks up and Kia learns to play defense, they could both get long looks- certainly longer than Kim Mac Millan did at the combine. I happily admit that I cherish the fantasy of Angie being drafted with NY's third-round pick, assuming we don't trade it for a bag of gym socks or another guard who'll sit on the bench and look awkward.

PostPosted: 02/19/06 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. I hope that SJU can keep their coach. I would hate for such a talented young coach to leave the conference. Because the Big East is so large, we need to keep the up & coming coaches in conference.

I love Angie Clark & Kia Wright. They are two very talented players, and have really brought SJU to being on the verge of being a Top 25 program (they were, at one point). I'm sad that I never got to see Kia Wright play at UConn. I think she would have been a great addition to the team, and we certainly could have used her last year. I agree re: playing defense. That seems to be the main weakness in her game. She has the quickness and athleticism to be a good defensive player, so I hope she works on it this summer. If so, I think both her and Angie could make themselves some money in the WNBA.

Quote:
I happily admit that I cherish the fantasy of Angie being drafted with NY's third-round pick, assuming we don't trade it for a bag of gym socks or another guard who'll sit on the bench and look awkward.

LMAO!!! Great line Laughing .

SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 02/19/06 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also believe that St. John's and Providence are on the way up. The Red Storm more so. The Friars just have to take it a staep at a time. Schedule some lower ranked Division 1 programs and move forward.

PostPosted: 02/19/06 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that Phil Seymour is doing a good job at Providence. They seem to play with more passion than they used to, and Chelsea Marandola is a great young talent. I wouldn't be surprised if she's named BE FOY.

I forgot to 'thank you' for the photo gallery...I apologize. Thank you Very Happy .

SportsPageMike

PostPosted: 02/19/06 4:35 pm    ::: Many thanks Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
I think that Phil Seymour is doing a good job at Providence. They seem to play with more passion than they used to, and Chelsea Marandola is a great young talent. I wouldn't be surprised if she's named BE FOY.

I forgot to 'thank you' for the photo gallery...I apologize. Thank you Very Happy .

BB - thanks for that. We are having a great time doing all of this. It also gets many yound players some publicity that they probably would not normally get on a national level.

If I remember right, you are still in HS. If I made a mistake then I apologize. If so, have fun in college wherever you may be heading.

Mike

PostPosted: 02/19/06 6:06 pm    ::: Re: SJU Reply Reply with quote

>If only Marquette weren't our deadly double... *smile at Marquette Fan*

Hey I can't blame you for that Smile. I was just telling my friend at the MU-GT game that we must match up well with SJU and heading into the 3 game road swing at Lou, SJU and USF if you would have told me we'd win one of those 3, I'd never in a million years have guessed it would be the SJU game. SJU is having a great season and that was a great effort at DePaul last night - that is one tough place to play. I think they have a good shot at getting the 4th spot in the conference with the bye that comes with it.

Marquette has a really tough schedule left with Rutgers at home on Wed., at UCONN on Sat and then home to Cincy on Tuesday. The Cincy game is the only one I really think they'll win so that would put them at 9-7 and somewhere around the middle of the pack. And Pitt is the only team who they would have a tiebreaker against (well they would against St. John's but I don't think SJU will lose again so I don't think MU would tie them).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: