RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WBCA H.S. Game Set and Tina POY
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
desafiada6

PostPosted: 02/15/06 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

A lot of supreme talent is coming out of Indiana the next few years. Purdue surely cannot have all of it Wink .

Why not?!? Laughing

PostPosted: 02/15/06 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess you could Very Happy . Heck, if the players want to go to Purdue, why not? I've always liked Purdue. I originally was thinking about going to school there, but I think I want to go to school somewhere warmer.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 02/15/06 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Part of the problem is Purdue's SID and media folks aren't as good as others around the country. Purdue is a program with a large fan base, but rarely is on national television, despite several years of finishing in the top 2 in the Big Ten or winning Big Ten titles.[/quote]"

DING DING DING!!!! And we have a winner!!!!! It's no secret that Purdue does a LOUSY (and I'm being nice) job at marketing it's athletics to those outside of Tippecanoe County. Hell, they do a piss poor job in Indy, so there is no way anyone else in the country is getting exposure to them either.

PostPosted: 02/16/06 12:19 am    ::: Words spoken very true Reply Reply with quote

Purdue is notorious for being very protectionist when it comes to allowing media in. Purdue burnt the bridge with Women's Basketball Magazine a few years ago, and continues to favor their booster magazine that has an exclusive contract to supply Purdue's booster organization with free season preview magazines.

Our SID came from Duke. So can I blame you, CamrnCrz ? Laughing

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 02/16/06 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

boilerjay wrote:
I guess Amber's head-to-head domination of Tina Charles didn't account for much Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing

I hope not, this isn't the AAU player of the year. It would be unfair to take that game into account at all. If she is as good as advertised Amber will take Purdue to wonderful places.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/16/06 10:56 am    ::: Re: Words spoken very true Reply Reply with quote

Richards wrote:
Purdue is notorious for being very protectionist when it comes to allowing media in. Purdue burnt the bridge with Women's Basketball Magazine a few years ago, and continues to favor their booster magazine that has an exclusive contract to supply Purdue's booster organization with free season preview magazines.

Our SID came from Duke. So can I blame you, CamrnCrz ? Laughing

Not at all. We dumped the old and brought in one much better about 6 years ago. And it really was a tremendous upgrade.

Just seems amazing Purdue has such a large fan base in spite of its poor SID and PR/marketing people.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: