RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rethinking Monique Currie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/15/06 1:51 am    ::: Rethinking Monique Currie Reply Reply with quote

Currie's stock in the media's and the internet's NPOY hype machines seems to have diminished this year. I don't think this has anything to do with her play diminishing, but rather because she in now surrounded by so many talented teammates at every position that she doesn't need to put up as many big numbers.

Money and Cappie seem to be getting most of the attention, with some recent tide flowing in Cappie's direction.

But watching Mo against Maryland the other night gave me great pause ... along with a WOW!

Can anyone ... Cappie and Money included ... slash and FINISH as well as Mo? Who has an off-hand as good a Currie on acrobatic, body control drives? Is Augustus's midrange game really any better than Currie's?

Cappie probably has the best 3pt shot of the three players, but Mo seems to have improved a lot, and hits a lot more long shots than Augustus. Mo seems to me to be a better passer off the dribble than Augustus, though Cappie may be better still. Mo may be the best multi-positional defender of the three, primarily because she is taller and rangier than Cappie and more aggressive and harder-nosed than Augustus.

Currie would be competing in my mind for the first or second pick.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 02/15/06 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the beginning of the year, I was pushing for the Lynx to take Mo. I had since changed my mind.

But you're right -- she looked fabulous against Maryland. If she played like that every night, I think she'd be # 1.

dukemayo

PostPosted: 02/15/06 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to check when Mo Currie did most of her scoring without watching my tape of the game. Does anyone know of a place online to read a play-by-play account of the game?

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 02/15/06 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/playbyplay?gameId=260440150

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 02/15/06 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dukemayo wrote:
I want to check when Mo Currie did most of her scoring without watching my tape of the game. Does anyone know of a place online to read a play-by-play account of the game?

This should provide the necessary information.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: