RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Missing Matchup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alepp03

PostPosted: 02/13/06 5:36 pm    ::: Missing Matchup Reply Reply with quote

As the regular season draws to a close, and the conference and national tournaments approach, I am curious to hear the matchups people wish they saw, but alas, did not, as well as the hopeful matchups in the NCAA tourney.

Personally, I think that without a Paris/Fowles matchup this season, we are all missing out. Both players have strong teams around them - LSU with known talent in Augustus and Hoston, and Oklahoma with emerging chemistry and proficiency from it's role players - Rush, Sanchez, Moore, and A Paris, all at different times.

Both teams seem to be peaking, and the play of their stellar center-pieces has not faltered. The athleticism and force brought by each of Fowles and CParis is almost unparalleled in the women's game, and the two rebound like beasts.

This matchup is relatively feasible with Oklahoma as a 2 or 3 seed and LSU as a likely #1. I got my fingers crossed...

PostPosted: 02/13/06 6:04 pm    ::: Re: Missing Matchup Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
As the regular season draws to a close, and the conference and national tournaments approach, I am curious to hear the matchups people wish they saw, but alas, did not, as well as the hopeful matchups in the NCAA tourney.

Personally, I think that without a Paris/Fowles matchup this season, we are all missing out. Both players have strong teams around them - LSU with known talent in Augustus and Hoston, and Oklahoma with emerging chemistry and proficiency from it's role players - Rush, Sanchez, Moore, and A Paris, all at different times.

Both teams seem to be peaking, and the play of their stellar center-pieces has not faltered. The athleticism and force brought by each of Fowles and CParis is almost unparalleled in the women's game, and the two rebound like beasts.

This matchup is relatively feasible with Oklahoma as a 2 or 3 seed and LSU as a likely #1. I got my fingers crossed...

That is the matchup that I want to see at the end of the season.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: