RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tex A&M @ Texas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/08/06 9:41 pm    ::: Tex A&M @ Texas Reply Reply with quote

A&M up 20 with 3:46 to go in the 1st half, wow ... make it 22,

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/08/06 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

44-19, Texas just scored their first field goal in 13+ minutes, 40.0 seconds left in the half. 47-20 at the half.

peaceplease

PostPosted: 02/08/06 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

have they said anything about tiffany jackson's injury?

PEACE
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 02/08/06 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

c_eggleston wrote:
have they said anything about tiffany jackson's injury?

I'm really not watching it much, I just check in on it every now and then.

ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/08/06 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UT cuts it to nineteen. Maybe it's just my crimson and cream view of the world, but aren't there SERIOUS questions about UT's NCAA bid at this point? A loss tonight will drop them to 12-9 with a 6-5 conference mark. Anybody can play the big boys (or girls, as the case may be), but UT does not have a marquee win at this point. George Washington at 15-6 is the closest thing, but even their RPI is at just 49. Missouri's is a 50. It would probably be sacrilege to leave a 23 RPI out of the tourney, but don't you have to win sometimes? UT has an absolutely crucial stretch coming up with UConn and Oklahoma at home, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M on the road, and Texas Tech and Baylor at home. The only gimme there is OSU, but that's still a road game. My verdict: win three of those other five or they wouldn't get my vote at all. And I simply don't see any way they'll beat UConn or OU. If they lose both of those, their RPI argument will not be as good as it is now. Just a few thoughts.

ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/08/06 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously, the conference tournament then comes into play. So UT does have a lot of chances to impress: I'm just saying that they haven't really done it up to now.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/08/06 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UT's definitely on the bubble right now but a solid run through the Big 12 tourney could get them into the Big Dance.

Mathies to LA 2013
peaceplease

PostPosted: 02/08/06 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They have definitely struggled this year.
Hang in there'Horns! You can do it!

PEACE
peaceplease

PostPosted: 02/08/06 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/recap?gid=200602080585&prov=ap

Quote:
The Longhorns (12-9, 6-5) played without leading scorer Tiffany Jackson, who missed the game with a sprained right ankle. It was the first game the junior center, a third-team All-American last season, missed in her career.

PEACE
ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/09/06 6:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tough to see for Tiffany, especially with such huge games coming up. Any word on whether she'll be able to make it out for UConn or Oklahoma?

I think this UT team has a bright future and they could be a real dangerous 11-12 seed.....but only if they can get in.

swok34

PostPosted: 02/09/06 10:13 am    ::: Tiffany Jackson Reply Reply with quote

ari20dal7 wrote:
Any word on whether she'll be able to make it out for UConn or Oklahoma?

I was really surprised at the score last night...all I've heard is what Jody said in the media conference Tuesday morning. She called it day to day, but it certainly did look painful last Saturday. I think I read she didn't practice this week.

She's listed as questionable that's what Jody said about the game last night in regards to Tiffany.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/09/06 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw the game last night, and A&M just looks great under Blair. Arkansas fans are still probably wondering why the administration let him walk.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/09/06 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After looking at Texas' remaining schedule, they could very well lose their next six game (including Oklahoma State, as the Cowgirls will probably try to make a statement in that game). That'll even take them out of WNIT consideration.

Notre Dame will probably lose four out of their last five games, also taking them out of WNIT consideration.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: