RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mike T: Snell Chose Merc Over Sun, Talks about The Trade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/24/05 11:27 am    ::: Mike T: Snell Chose Merc Over Sun, Talks about The Trade Reply Reply with quote

I thought that the best free agent player from overseas was signed by Phoenix, Belinda Snell from Australia. We tried to sign her, but I think she felt more comfortable going to Phoenix because they have two Australian coaches on their staff. I think she has a chance to be an impact player.

On the Mique-DMJ trade:
I think you’d have to say on paper, they have the best talent in the league. Now as we’ve seen, talent doesn’t always necessarily win. It’s also how they’re put together, and chemistry. But, Lisa Leslie and Holdsclaw, (Mwadi) Mabika, (Tamecka) Dixon and (Nikki) Teasley, that’s a pretty strong group. Thankfully, they are in the other conference.
Washington is getting Delisha Milton-Jones. If she is back to the player she was before her injury, then they’ve got a very formidable player and they have another first-round draft pick. Now they have a chance with the 6th and 13th pick to maybe add something more to their team. I think that will be pretty interesting. I guess I’ll be glad to see Holdsclaw in the other conference. Washington, though, played well (without Holdsclaw). They had great team chemistry without her.

Good interview, but nothing worth noting about additions/changes to the Sun.

http://www.wnba.com/sun/news/qna_wt.html

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/24/05 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Belinda Snell chose the Mercury over Sacramento.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/24/05 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure she would have had some kind of offer from Connecticut as well, judging by the way Mike T was following her all over the country at the tail-end of the WNBL season.

PostPosted: 03/25/05 3:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Connecticut was the third team in negotiations. I thought it was Seattle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: