The Diana Taurasi "Excuse of the Game" Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/27/12 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Frostbite....in Phoenix...in August

Athletes often take icebaths, so this is actually a good one. *Amber Cox reaches for her notepad*

Baseball player Rickey Henderson went on the disabled list for a case of frostbite that he got in August. He reportedly fell asleep on an icepack. So that excuse is sort of an homage to him.

PostPosted: 08/27/12 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Elizabeth Cambage provides us with another gem: missed her flight. I hope she got stuck in traffic and didn't miss it because she got caught up in duty-free shopping.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/27/12 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:

Again, I said walking freaking Ebola. This thread is two pages long of people coming up with excuses. That's the name of the thread. I didn't come up with that shit, yet caune whines about a Jordan and Ebola comment. If you're that sensitive, how about stay out of the thread that reads "The Diana Taurasi "Excuse of the Game" Game" thread. Seriously, that would probably save one frustration.

I don't know who Ebola is, might have been the same for Caune Laughing Laughing

So I wouldn't get it. Also..not everyone has been joking in the thread..

Like I said, it's probably more the fact that there's a god knows how many page thread bitching about Taurasi and the Mercury that probably makes people boil over.

Not a big deal, just giving you the other side..

PostPosted: 08/27/12 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone mentioned her dog? Surely if a dog can eat homework, a dog can eat sneakers or game plans or something?

PostPosted: 08/27/12 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

auntie wrote:
Has anyone mentioned her dog? Surely if a dog can eat homework, a dog can eat sneakers or game plans or something?

"Dog ate my knee-highs"

caune

PostPosted: 08/27/12 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Again, I said walking freaking Ebola. This thread is two pages long of people coming up with excuses. That's the name of the thread. I didn't come up with that shit, yet caune whines about a Jordan and Ebola comment. If you're that sensitive, how about stay out of the thread that reads "The Diana Taurasi "Excuse of the Game" Game" thread. Seriously, that would probably save one frustration.

Like I said, it's probably more the fact that there's a god knows how many page thread bitching about Taurasi and the Mercury that probably makes people boil over.

Where I got hung up was that the ebola was Jordan's, not Dianas, so I assumed he was just using exaggeration when mentioning Jordans flu Rolling Eyes

Last edited by caune on 08/27/12 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 08/27/12 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She tried on Penny Taylor's high heels and strained her achilles
http://www.wnba.com/mercury/news/taylors_heels_create_more_setbacks_for_taurasi_2012_08_27.html

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/27/12 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Where I got hung up is that the ebola was Jordan's, not Dianas, so I assumed he was just exaggerating about Jordans flu Rolling Eyes

oh..Ebola is the flu..I should really google things before I post.. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/27/12 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
caune wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Where I got hung up is that the ebola was Jordan's, not Dianas, so I assumed he was just exaggerating about Jordans flu Rolling Eyes

Seriously, you've never heard of Ebola? It is a rather serious virus often seen in Africa with a 50-90% fatality rate depending on the type. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

mb1

PostPosted: 08/27/12 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ebola is in Africa? Is it a nice place? Wink

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/27/12 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
caune wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Seriously, you've never heard of Ebola? It is a rather serious virus often seen in Africa with a 50-90% fatality rate depending on the type. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease

nope..well now I have.

PostPosted: 08/27/12 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought surely everyone had heard of Ebola. It was the disease in the movie Outbreak. It was the disease at the beginning of the movie And The Band Played On (about HIV & AIDS). They just had an Ebola outbreak in Africa last week. It's a pretty well known scary ass disease.

There's DEFINITELY no such thing as walking Ebola. Most people drop dead from it within a week's time. Among some of it's more disturbing symptoms is you bleed from your body orifices.

PostPosted: 08/27/12 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

back to excuses.....
did I read D only had 'a wisdom tooth' removed? As in singular....so, if done one at a time, we have a handful more games for her to miss! We haven't heard 'dry socket' in relationship to the prior wisdom tooth removal, so that could add a day or two to recovery of potential future extractions.....plenty of options remaining on the wisdom tooth excuse Wink

PostPosted: 08/27/12 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huskie wrote:
back to excuses.....
did I read D only had 'a wisdom tooth' removed? As in singular....so, if done one at a time, we have a handful more games for her to miss! We haven't heard 'dry socket' in relationship to the prior wisdom tooth removal, so that could add a day or two to recovery of potential future extractions.....plenty of options remaining on the wisdom tooth excuse Wink

Suspended for 2 games for swearing at the tooth fairy?

PostPosted: 08/27/12 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Luuuc"]
Huskie wrote:
back to excuses.....

Suspended for 2 games for swearing at the tooth fairy?[/quote]

Till now, the frostbite excuse was my fave!

PostPosted: 08/27/12 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Huskie wrote:
back to excuses.....

Yeah, and that intentional elbow she threw at that poor fairy didn't help her case any...

Shades

PostPosted: 08/27/12 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Huskie wrote:
back to excuses.....

Yeah, and that intentional elbow she threw at that poor fairy didn't help her case any...

Did the Tooth Fairy happened to resemble Jessica Davenport?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bekcat1

PostPosted: 08/27/12 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
bekcat1 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Huskie wrote:
back to excuses.....

Did the Tooth Fairy happened to resemble Jessica Davenport?

Rumor has it...

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/27/12 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Huskie wrote:
back to excuses.....

Hey, the tooth fairy started it with that insulting dime she left under her pillow. I'd be pissed too. The tooth fairy is a dirty little instigator, but of course the person who retaliates always gets the blame Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/27/12 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
bekcat1 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Huskie wrote:
back to excuses.....

Hey, the tooth fairy started it with that insulting dime she left under her pillow. I'd be pissed too. The tooth fairy is a dirty little instigator, but of course the person who retaliates always gets the blame Rolling Eyes

Well, the Tooth Fairy can't help that the economy's bad...she's doing all she can do!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/27/12 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
bekcat1 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Huskie wrote:
back to excuses.....

Well, the Tooth Fairy can't help that the economy's bad...she's doing all she can do!

Oh please ... in these days of 32oz sodas do you know how much a good quality tooth goes for on the open market? The tooth fairy is not only raking it in, but is also using those ridiculous income tax loopholes for non-humans to keep virtually her entire revenue as profit. I'm not buying her sob story for one minute.

PostPosted: 08/27/12 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A tougher player would have said Its a tooth and I dont use it much when I play

PostPosted: 08/27/12 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Linkmaster P strikes again. Nice find!

In Diana's case though she could realistically claim "It's my mouth and I use it constantly when I play"

PostPosted: 08/27/12 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Linkmaster P strikes again. Nice find!

In Diana's case though she could realistically claim "It's my mouth and I use it constantly when I play"

And, as we know, certain swear words hurt the mouth to say more than others.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/28/12 2:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
I thought surely everyone had heard of Ebola. It was the disease in the movie Outbreak. It was the disease at the beginning of the movie And The Band Played On (about HIV & AIDS). They just had an Ebola outbreak in Africa last week. It's a pretty well known scary ass disease.

There's DEFINITELY no such thing as walking Ebola. Most people drop dead from it within a week's time. Among some of it's more disturbing symptoms is you bleed from your body orifices.

Off-Topic Ebola-related news of the day - karma is a bitch:
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/Man+steals+phone+from+Ebola+patient++gets+infected/-/688334/1487020/-/51lndn/-/index.html

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: