PostPosted: 08/25/12 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Attacked by birds at shootaround

Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
caune

PostPosted: 08/25/12 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
Michael Jordan put on a performance of a lifetime while fighting the flu and having to be helped to the bench at times.

That being said, the only legitimate excuse now is the walking Ebola.

Jordans performance was during the play offs, no comparison to Dees situation at all!

PostPosted: 08/25/12 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lobo thinks it funny that we have this game going.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/25/12 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Yeah she gave a shoutout to rebkell saying that wnba fans were voting wich excuse DT was going to use next Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/25/12 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Yeah she gave a shoutout to rebkell saying that wnba fans were voting wich excuse DT was going to use next Laughing

Gave me a little chuckle. They had been addressing some real topics that we had. (Angel's absense and Diana's excuses) Laughing

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 08/25/12 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Michael Jordan put on a performance of a lifetime while fighting the flu and having to be helped to the bench at times.

Jordans performance was during the play offs, no comparison to Dees situation at all!

Laughing Laughing The part about walking Ebola should have been the first sign I wasn't being all too serious (unless you don't know what Ebola is).

Boy, that comment someone made about you guys lacking a since of humor was spot on.

PostPosted: 08/25/12 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Gave me a little chuckle. They had been addressing some real topics that we had. (Angel's absense and Diana's excuses) Laughing

She didn't mention rebkell by name, just said "fans." But we shouldn't let her down. I love the birds excuse.

I wonder if Dianaa is a Dodgers fan. She might be distracted with their monster trade.

noplot

PostPosted: 08/25/12 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"DNP--distracted by Dodgers trade" isn't bad. But here's a few I've been hoping to see in a boxscore and this may be my only chance:

"DNP--narcolepsy"

"DNP--brain freeze from Slurpee"

"DNP--heartbreak of psoriasis"

Gotta admit, "sprained bun" is my favorite of all of them so far, though...

Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/25/12 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

noplot wrote:
"DNP--distracted by Dodgers trade" isn't bad. But here's a few I've been hoping to see in a boxscore and this may be my only chance:

"DNP--narcolepsy"

"DNP--brain freeze from Slurpee"

"DNP--heartbreak of psoriasis"

Gotta admit, "sprained bun" is my favorite of all of them so far, though...

Hey, you stole my slurpee one Exclamation Imitation is the finest form of flattery. Laughing

DNP - she's ready for some football

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/25/12 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And the Sparks commentators joined in the party tonight too. Not quite as explicitly as Lobo did, but they still brought up the array of excuses.

(now with spelling variations)
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/26/12 1:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just in case they need them in the future, I've collected some of the suggestions from other threads.

Nerd2 wrote:
Diana, on the other hand, will probably proceed to sprain her bun and be out for 2-3 games.

Richyyy wrote:
Or in other words, "The Mercury announced today that Diana Taurasi will miss 6-8 weeks with jet lag."

BCBG25 wrote:
- appendectomy
- corrective eye surgery
- ingrown toenail
- kidney stones
- stomach virus
- food poisoning

Nerd2 wrote:
Stomach virus is already taken. You can always do those items that sound serious but come and go, like:
- migraine
- double vision
- earache
- slurpee brain freeze

pilight wrote:
Frostbite
Immediate postprandial, upper-abdominal distention
Chronic adhesive otitis with eustachian tube dysfunction
Schistosomiasis
Metatarsal paronychia

p_d_swanson wrote:
Vertigo
Frozen pipes
Scabies
Ophidiophobia
Chronic halitosis
Cowboy boots

toad455 wrote:
If the Mercury announce she has any of the following, it's time for the league to step in:
- Whooping Cough
- Uveomeningoencephalitic Syndrome
- Malaria
- Typhoid Fever
- Chronic prostatitis
- Hydrocele

And my personal favorite:
stever wrote:
Phoenix medical staff are monitoring DT's condition closely:

StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/26/12 2:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Attacked by birds at shootaround

Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

First, it was the Phoenix Mayor getting his nose broken by Nakia Sanford during a practice. And now, this!

It's just not safe to be near the Mercury players, especially if you're not a WNBA player yourself. Wink

caune

PostPosted: 08/26/12 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Laughing Laughing The part about walking Ebola should have been the first sign I wasn't being all too serious (unless you don't know what Ebola is).

Boy, that comment someone made about you guys lacking a since of humor was spot on.

So you made your first joke ever and no one got it... it's clearly the fault of the audience Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/26/12 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

So you made your first joke ever and no one got it... it's clearly the fault of the audience Rolling Eyes

Exhibit A.

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 08/26/12 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Tooth Fairy did not want to pay up
2. Hard foul by Taurasi on cheap damn Tooth Fairy
3. Vengeful fairy casts spell making DT's entire mouth numb
4. Taurasi can't play basketball if she can't talk. Misses rest of season.

PostPosted: 08/26/12 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
1. Tooth Fairy did not want to pay up
2. Hard foul by Taurasi on cheap damn Tooth Fairy
3. Vengeful fairy casts spell making DT's entire mouth numb
4. Taurasi can't play basketball if she can't talk. Misses rest of season.

Laughing

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/26/12 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My own Top Ten List

Diana Taurasi excuses.

10. Freezer needed defrosting.
9. Oven needed cleaning.
8. 'Bun' needed degreasing.
7. Pondering the meaning of life in desert with her vast Carlos Castenada collection.
6. Got a hold of some bad acid.
5. Got a hold of some bad Menudo
4. All tore up over this Lance Armstrong business
3. 35th anniversary of Elvis's death.
2. Crashed her SUV at the end of her driveway. Significant other beat her with a nine iron.

And the number one Diana Taurasi excuse IS...

1. 'Scuses? We don' need no stinkin' 'scuses!

PostPosted: 08/27/12 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Exhibit A.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Exhibit A through Z actually.

PostPosted: 08/27/12 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Exhibit A.

To be fair, I think most Mercury fans might be getting defensive because of the insane level of criticism here.

Towards Taurasi (WTF, she doesn't dictate what the organization tries to do) And towards the Mercury (for doing the logical thing in their situation...Yes, the logical thing. What every NBA fan would want their team to do in that situation.)

Sometimes it's hard to know when people are joking about it.

I'd rather joke about it. I don't think it's that serious. In fact, as I said, I think it's the logical way to go in the situation the Mercury are in. And I think the bluntness in the way the Mercury organization has gone about doing it, has been hilarious.

--Although I will say, which people are forgetting, Corey Gaines has alway been precautionary with his players when they are injured. I remember him upsetting Cappie because he wouldn't let her play when she was hurt. So, that's not necessarily an indiciation of tanking. And the Mercury have had an abundance of injuries this season. --

PostPosted: 08/27/12 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
To be fair, I think most Mercury fans might be getting defensive because of the insane level of criticism here.

Towards Taurasi (WTF, she doesn't dictate what the organization tries to do) And towards the Mercury (for doing the logical thing in their situation...Yes, the logical thing. What every NBA fan would want their team to do in that situation.)

I'd rather joke about it. I don't think it's that serious. In fact, as I said, I think it's the logical way to go in the situation the Mercury are in. And I think the bluntness in the way the Mercury organization has gone about doing it, has been hilarious.

--Although I will say, which people are forgetting, Corey Gaines has alway been precautionary with his players when they are injured. I remember him upsetting Cappie because he wouldn't let her play when she was hurt. So, that's not necessarily an indiciation of tanking. And the Mercury have had an abundance of injuries this season. --

x_________x *emphasis added

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 08/27/12 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:

Exhibit A.

Again, I said walking freaking Ebola. This thread is two pages long of people coming up with excuses. That's the name of the thread. I didn't come up with that shit, yet caune whines about a Jordan and Ebola comment. If you're that sensitive, how about stay out of the thread that reads "The Diana Taurasi "Excuse of the Game" Game" thread. Seriously, that would probably save one frustration.

PostPosted: 08/27/12 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The fact that the Merc defenders could not let a single statement go unchallenged even in a thread clearly meant for fun says a lot.

I can't believe no one's pulled out the old stalwart:

- kidnapped by space aliens.

There's also:

- busy on a raid with Seal Team 6
- swimming between Cuba and Florida
- training for the 2014 Winter Olympics (too impatient to wait for Rio)
- landing on the Moon

pilight

PostPosted: 08/27/12 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really, I can't imagine anyone taking my excuses seriously

Frostbite....in Phoenix...in August

Immediate postprandial, upper-abdominal distention is a Star Trek reference.
Kirk: "What did you say she had?"
McCoy: "Cramps."

Chronic adhesive otitis with eustachian tube dysfunction is a M*A*S*H reference. The only noticeable symptom is that your ears hurt when you fly.

Schistosomiasis is a common ailment, acquired by wading waste deep in the Nile River.

Metatarsal paronychia is an ingrown toenail

PostPosted: 08/27/12 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Athletes often take icebaths, so this is actually a good one. *Amber Cox reaches for her notepad*

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/27/12 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Really, I can't imagine anyone taking my excuses seriously

Immediate postprandial, upper-abdominal distention is a Star Trek reference.
Kirk: "What did you say she had?"
McCoy: "Cramps."

Chronic adhesive otitis with eustachian tube dysfunction is a M*A*S*H reference. The only noticeable symptom is that your ears hurt when you fly.

Schistosomiasis is a common ailment, acquired by wading waste deep in the Nile River.

Metatarsal paronychia is an ingrown toenail

Yeah, I loved the first three. I had to look up the last two but an ingrown toenail could actually be a bit of an issue especially if it leads to an inflamed big toe.

Since Dee likes to iron, how about "scalded herself while ironing." John Smoltz once did this because (I am not making this up) he ironed a shirt he was wearing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: