RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fish Eaters 76

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/22/05 9:22 pm    ::: Fish Eaters 76 Reply Reply with quote

... Daughters of the smug, pasty-faced fundamentalist hate-monger 88.

Well, as long as we have already set the precedent of labeling with the worst possible stereotypes.

But ya gotta hand it to Liberty, they always play tough, they always know how to win, and, give Feenstra her due, they got solid contribution from everybody, especially Crystal Tharp and Petrocevic.

We'll see how they fare against those Godless Bayou Bengals. I'm predicting a blowout. God has "put Liberty there"- to paraphrase their coach and Feenstra- so that they hafta face a team that can give them a right proper drubbing. Augustus can go apeshit against any player on Liberty's roster, and Fowles can tommy-hawk right over that slug-footed white girl. So, okay, maybe that is a little uncharitable, but LSU would be nuts to give these guys any opening whatsoever.

PostPosted: 03/22/05 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would be funny if somebody beat Liberty and said "My god is better than your god" or "Clearly god cares more about us than you".
1carol

PostPosted: 03/23/05 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
It would be funny if somebody beat Liberty and said "My god is better than your god" or "Clearly god cares more about us than you".

You are too funny Laughing I'm picturing it now Twisted Evil

Alepp03

PostPosted: 03/23/05 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:

I don't think that would be funny unless they attributed their wins to God preferring them, which I doubt they do, cus unless they are off their rockers, they should understand that whether or not they win is completely up to them. Then again, I do pray before volleyball games sometimes. Helps calm and focus me. *shrug*

PostPosted: 03/23/05 10:48 am    ::: Re: Fish Eaters 76 Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
But ya gotta hand it to Liberty, they always play tough, they always know how to win, and, give Feenstra her due, they got solid contribution from everybody, especially Crystal Tharp and Petrocevic.

We'll see how they fare against those Godless Bayou Bengals. I'm predicting a blowout. God has "put Liberty there"- to paraphrase their coach and Feenstra- so that they hafta face a team that can give them a right proper drubbing. Augustus can go apeshit against any player on Liberty's roster, and Fowles can tommy-hawk right over that slug-footed white girl. So, okay, maybe that is a little uncharitable, but LSU would be nuts to give these guys any opening whatsoever.

Yeah, I don't give Liberty much chance against LSU, but then I wouldn't have given them much chance against Depaul (thought Penn State was overrated). You never know and a little believe in oneself (or whatever whimsical supernatural powers they think care about a basketball game?) can go a long way and if LSU let's them hang around too long, an upset would not be a shocker (though it would do some serious damage to many people's brackets)

My computer puts Liberty/LSU in about the same situation as UCSB/ND as far as competitiveness... It says Liberty's best rated performance to date (prior to the tournament) would be a pretty good matchup against an average LSU performance. So if LSU comes to play it will be no contest... If they take Liberty as a 13 seed instead of the sweet 16 team that they are, it could be interesting. I would think that Pokey will have them ready and it will be a slaughter!

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/23/05 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
Keegan wrote:

I don't think that would be funny unless they attributed their wins to God preferring them

Quote:
God has "put Liberty there"- to paraphrase their coach

Praying is different from saying the supreme deity took you to the Sweet 16.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: