RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Diana Taurasi "Excuse of the Game" Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/24/12 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Beat me to it. (I was holding off because too many Mercury fans seem to have left their senses of humor at home when it comes to this. And I was even looking for prizes to give away...)

You can still give prizes! I was hoping folks would have some fun with it but the same debate seems to have moved over here.

I think she's heartbroken over K. Stewart cheating on Robert Pattinson.

Martini Man

PostPosted: 08/24/12 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Beat me to it. (I was holding off because too many Mercury fans seem to have left their senses of humor at home when it comes to this. And I was even looking for prizes to give away...)

You can still give prizes! I was hoping folks would have some fun with it but the same debate seems to have moved over here.

Kristen Stewart. Worlds most talentless actress.

PostPosted: 08/24/12 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Three words: Jia. Perkins. Syndrome.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/24/12 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The PR guy said that she practiced Wednesday, was expected to play (on the starting lineup sheet that's handed out about an hour before the game), and then felt dizzy during warmups.

No reason, I take from that message, that she will miss any more time unless she's diagnosed with something else stemming from the dizziness.

Again, we'll see ... and we'll see if she's dizzy when she's getting $500,000 in Turkey (or wherever she's playing).

PostPosted: 08/24/12 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

True that! Now back on topic, I say Diana will get an allergic reaction to the meds taken for the dizziness. Things have to flow naturally see.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/24/12 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
This whole thread is just sad.

Don't be so serious David - at least for me, it's all in fun.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/12 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
The PR guy said that she practiced Wednesday, was expected to play (on the starting lineup sheet that's handed out about an hour before the game), and then felt dizzy during warmups.

No reason, I take from that message, that she will miss any more time unless she's diagnosed with something else stemming from the dizziness.

Again, we'll see ... and we'll see if she's dizzy when she's getting $500,000 in Turkey (or wherever she's playing).

When Taurasi finally gets out on the court, she probably wants to kick some ass and not actually look bad. So they have to lose just a couple more games to lock this project up. Keep helping them with the excuses. Very Happy

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2

PostPosted: 08/24/12 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In shock over the pending demise of "The Office"

Hurt while trying to head in a goal playing XBox Kinect soccer.

Stayed up late plotting world domination

Shades

PostPosted: 08/24/12 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

Stayed up late plotting world domination

Yep, and the first step is Brittney Griner.

Wait...are we talking about Taurasi or Amber Cox?

Makes no difference. If any player called the shots for her team, it'd be Taurasi.... with maybe Candace Parker coming in second.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/24/12 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

seeword wrote:
She had a date with an Angel

"Touched By An Angel". Razz

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/24/12 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Crickets? Really?

First Tan White, and now this.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/24/12 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Crickets? Really?

First Tan White, and now this.

Welcome to the party, pal. This is a tough crowd. Cool I'm still laughing at my entry.

PostPosted: 08/24/12 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
I dunno it looked like LJ came back a little too soon or played to much to soon because she looked a little out of sorts. Wink

So I'm going with the fact that when you have your wisdom teeth out and even 1 is impacted it sucks. So she probably wasn't ready to come back.

I had four wisdom teeth removed at once. Two were impacted. I was back at work 3 days later.

I will assume your job is just like Dianas where you have to run up and back over and over while shooting, right? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/24/12 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
I dunno it looked like LJ came back a little too soon or played to much to soon because she looked a little out of sorts. Wink

So I'm going with the fact that when you have your wisdom teeth out and even 1 is impacted it sucks. So she probably wasn't ready to come back.

I had four wisdom teeth removed at once. Two were impacted. I was back at work 3 days later.

I will assume your job is just like Dianas where you have to run up and back over and over while shooting, right? Rolling Eyes

My job is nothing like Diana's. I have to show up and perform in order to keep it. Wink

PostPosted: 08/24/12 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

My job is nothing like Diana's. I have to show up and perform in order to keep it. Wink

Zing! Laughing Taurasi gets paid vacation to help Phoenix secure Griner or EDD

coffy73

PostPosted: 08/24/12 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Bazinga! Laughing

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 08/24/12 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

She's the highest paid hollywood actress to date so, someone thinks she has talent! Wink

vanyogan

PostPosted: 08/24/12 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Wasnt this procedure done a week ago? LJ played 25 minutes while still being bothered by the jetlag because she couldnt sleep the past 2 days.

I had 4 of them out when I was about 23 years old, all four were impacted and the idiot surgeon didn't prescribe antibiotic, so then they got infected.

I had my tonsils out at 19, at that age, these are not '"procedures". if the tooth was infected for some time before removal, that kind of thing can sap your body of energy and anti-bodies.

PostPosted: 08/24/12 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For all the complaining about Diana, at least she's making up excuses, instead of just saying she not playing for "personal reasons." I am starting to think there was something in the water in London. Many of the players just don't seem that thrilled to get back to their regular jobs.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/24/12 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
Martini Man wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

She's the highest paid hollywood actress to date so, someone thinks she has talent! Wink

Rupert Sanders did..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 08/24/12 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Realcomplicated wrote:
Martini Man wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Rupert Sanders did..

And she got paid well...

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 08/24/12 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Laughing

PostPosted: 08/24/12 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Cold... Laughing

PostPosted: 08/24/12 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
luvDhoops wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Nope. But if I could return to chasing little kids around all day in 3 days after having a rather invasive wisdom tooth removal process, princess Diana should be able to return to a gig, even in a reduced capacity after a week. That's IF a wisdom tooth thing is even what happened. Again we're all speculating here because they won't tell us anything at all.

Apologies, though, that's not what you were looking for.

PostPosted: 08/24/12 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
Martini Man wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I think she's pretty damn good. There are a few off beat movies she did on Netflix and she just has a knack for pouring her heart into a role. So maybe she's a bit one dimensional in that she tends to play the same saucy, dark, vulnerable waif like girl, but she has that act down pat, and she can do the transformation thing too.

She has a substantial body of work. About 28 movies in 13 years. I've seen some of it, and I've seen Twilight. I don't know about the books, are there books? But the screen play of Twilight, which is the only one I saw, and IMO the screen play borrows from Roswell and Buffy the Vampire slayer. Good girl, good vampire, good girl good alien. And I think the role she plays is sort of packaged, so I don't think it's a real awe inspiring thing for her to begin with, albeit it made her rich.

I've seen:
Speak, Welcome To The Rileys, The Yellow Handkerchief, and Adventure Land and The Cake Eaters, these are all above average films IMO and her acting is very solid and credible in all of these roles.

This is typical career path, she was a very good actress, which is how she get's the Twilight role, and the first big payout, and then she gets caught in packaged hyped films with IMO a very average screen play. So she was damn good when she started and the payoff jobs are very average in my opinion.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: