RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bronze Medal Game: Australia vs Russia - 8/11/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Australia
80%
 80%  [ 20 ]
Russia
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

Colerr

PostPosted: 08/11/12 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
How can you say this...

cthskzfn wrote:
i don't know her at all.

And then turn around and say this?

Quote:
i know her motivation to become a naturalized russian citizen was borne out of sour grapes and that her placement on that team leaves off a real russian athlete.

So, you don't know her at all but you know of her motivations? Shocked

And you say that I'm the weird one? Rolling Eyes

I know right?

It was Russia's choice to give Becky a roster spot. It wasn't as if Becky made them give her one.

Last edited by Colerr on 08/11/12 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
norwester

PostPosted: 08/11/12 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I think Lisa has done a good job commentating during the Games. Mostly wasn't about her, except to give some perspective, which I like. And these days she has to include at lest a little "arrogance" so I can be all nostalgic.

She certainly blew AMD out of the water by actually knowing what she was talking about...

I haven't mentioned the commenting folk much this tournament, so there was no chance to compliment LLL, but I don't mind doing so.

I'm also happy for Hammon and any player who gets a chance to compete at the Olympics. It's got to be a singular experience for any athlete. And any athlete good enough to go deserves to, in my opinion.

I feel kind of badly, though, for the Ethiopian woman who wanted to run for the Swiss (her husband's country) until her family in E was threatened, forcing her to run for Ethiopia. Shocked

PostPosted: 08/11/12 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Foss wrote:
Lisa Leslie: "I imagine that it might be hard to get up for a bronze medal game, but I don't have a bronze medal, so I don't know."

Lisa must have a very selective memory! She was part of the US team which took bronze at the 1994 World Champs in Australia (aka Oz94). So yes, you do have a bronze medal, Lisa.

Happy to see the Opals finish with a medal. Great to see Kristi finish her Opals career on a team and individual high.

PostPosted: 08/11/12 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hellcat24 wrote:
Joe Foss wrote:
Lisa Leslie: "I imagine that it might be hard to get up for a bronze medal game, but I don't have a bronze medal, so I don't know."

Lisa must have a very selective memory! She was part of the US team which took bronze at the 1994 World Champs in Australia (aka Oz94). So yes, you do have a bronze medal, Lisa.

Happy to see the Opals finish with a medal. Great to see Kristi finish her Opals career on a team and individual high.

x_____________x

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
GEF34

PostPosted: 08/11/12 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hellcat24 wrote:
Joe Foss wrote:

I think she was talking about the Olympics since it was preceded by the Opals have played in the last 4 gold medal games. As was mentioned before this was not a quote in and of itself, there was a lot of context before and after that explains the quote and it makes sense with the rest of what she said.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/12/12 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
How can you say this...

cthskzfn wrote:
i don't know her at all.

Quote:
i know her motivation to become a naturalized russian citizen was borne out of sour grapes and that her placement on that team leaves off a real russian athlete.

yeah, you are the weird one.

i dont hate hammon- to say i do because i think it's BS for her to play for another country because she isn't good enough to play for her own, is weird indeed.

that fact exists even though i don't know her personally. incredible, isn't it.

PostPosted: 08/12/12 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
How can you say this...

cthskzfn wrote:
i don't know her at all.

Quote:

yeah, you are the weird one.

i dont hate hammon- to say i do because i think it's BS for her to play for another country because she isn't good enough to play for her own, is weird indeed.

that fact exists even though i don't know her personally. incredible, isn't it.

Tbh its bs that Hammon is not good enough to play for USA. Its just that they went with other players instead. She plays the PG spot better then Lawson. Just like Phillips would play the PG spot better then Richards for the Opals. They just made a different decision at the time

And to me it sounds that you are the one with the sour grapes. They players got over it and then you who doesnt even know her still whines about it years and years after. Get over it!

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 08/12/12 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
She plays the PG spot better then Lawson.

Is she even the starting point guard for the SASS?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/12/12 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
She plays the PG spot better then Lawson.

Is she even the starting point guard for the SASS?

Rolling Eyes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
STLnTDOT

PostPosted: 08/14/12 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Tbh its bs that Hammon is not good enough to play for USA. Its just that they went with other players instead. She plays the PG spot better then Lawson. Just like Phillips would play the PG spot better then Richards for the Opals. They just made a different decision at the time

And to me it sounds that you are the one with the sour grapes. They players got over it and then you who doesnt even know her still whines about it years and years after. Get over it!

that pretty much sums it up

(i think Hammon was dogged by Team USA, but Im not opening that can of worms again lol)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: