RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Swin Cash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melimar

PostPosted: 08/12/12 8:15 pm    ::: Swin Cash Reply Reply with quote

Sorry if I missed it, but is Swin injured? I saw her play very little during the Olympics.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/12/12 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My first thought was 'don't even go there', but I'll give a straightforward answer. Swin was either #10 or #11 on the team and there was a big gap talent wise (at this point in everybody's careers) between #9 and #10, so she and Asjha pretty much just played end of the bench minutes. Other than that, no, haven't heard anything about injury.

norwester

PostPosted: 08/13/12 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My thoughts about Swin being on this team come from comments Geno has made over the years, and also from seeing her up close when she played for the Storm. She's an extremely hard worker. I seriously believe that half the reason she was on the team was to be a sort of practice player: an excellent teammate, who could speak the Geno short-hand and thus do what he wanted in practice to help her other teammates without running them down overly much. I think sometimes we see what's on the court, and forget about all the off-the-court preparation that goes into these things.

That said, I agree with myrtle that she was #10/#11 and played those minutes accordingly. Asjha got a little more play due to Fowles' injury (and also her birthday Wink).

PostPosted: 08/13/12 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The best players don't necessarily make up the best team. It's more important for the players who aren't going to play to have a great attitude, accept their roles and work hard in practice than it is for them to have raw talent.

If the U.S. had been in such injury and foul trouble that they were playing their last player big minutes, even they would have struggled -- but for most teams, that would have been disaster, plain and simple, and it wouldn't really have mattered who had that last spot.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: