RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Meek is GONE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 03/21/05 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

has anyone heard leslie say anything about this during the tourney coverage today? she must be . . . not exactly happy . . . that her homegirl sweetness is leaving.

PostPosted: 03/21/05 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
rebkell wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
Damn, that post made me jump out of my skin!
And now I'm getting ready to jump off a cliff, but not before jumping down Blaze's throat for being so fucking complacent.
My two favorite players landed on the teams I dislike the most.
I cannot believe that... Sad
This is a sad, sad day...
I wonder if I'll actually get to hear ANY good news this year...

Oh my gawd, I'm now a Sparks fan, the world is a cruel place. I'll get over it, remember when you asked about if I would pull for the Liberty, if the Claw ended up there, well, that was a no brainer compared to this turn of events .. hehe, I am not really concerned about all this talk about can Mique play with another star and not being the main focus, just the opposite, I think she will relish not necessarily being the focus of everything. It probably had a lot to do with her depression to start with, trying to do everything, I'm pretty confident there won't be any chemistry issues ego wise.

I hope (well... not really) that this puts to rest the notion that the Sparks trade soon to be announced would be Mabika and Dixon for Sheryl Freaking Swoopes. If that happened, me and Reb would both have to find out how we look in yeller and purple.

YUCH!!! (but I'd take it) Embarassed

Hell jammer, you never know, Swoopes may end up in LA too Smile

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/21/05 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
rebkell wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
Damn, that post made me jump out of my skin!
And now I'm getting ready to jump off a cliff, but not before jumping down Blaze's throat for being so fucking complacent.
My two favorite players landed on the teams I dislike the most.
I cannot believe that... Sad
This is a sad, sad day...
I wonder if I'll actually get to hear ANY good news this year...

Oh my gawd, I'm now a Sparks fan, the world is a cruel place. I'll get over it, remember when you asked about if I would pull for the Liberty, if the Claw ended up there, well, that was a no brainer compared to this turn of events .. hehe, I am not really concerned about all this talk about can Mique play with another star and not being the main focus, just the opposite, I think she will relish not necessarily being the focus of everything. It probably had a lot to do with her depression to start with, trying to do everything, I'm pretty confident there won't be any chemistry issues ego wise.

I hope (well... not really) that this puts to rest the notion that the Sparks trade soon to be announced would be Mabika and Dixon for Sheryl Freaking Swoopes. If that happened, me and Reb would both have to find out how we look in yeller and purple.

YUCH!!! (but I'd take it) Embarassed

Hell jammer, you never know, Swoopes may end up in LA too Smile

Well wouldn't that be just like the WNBA...

I can see the headline...

OOPS! LA has Leslie, Holdsclaw, and Swoopes... There It Is!

lol! What's Shaq doing this summer?

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/21/05 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/mystics/news/Mystics_Acquire_MiltonJones_050321.html
wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/21/05 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess my bottle of "Denial" has gone dry. Sparks fans, please treat her well. I will certainly miss her Crying or Very sad .

She was very nice to my niece and friends at ESPNZone in 2002 season. The girls were running around trying to get autographs. Mique would charge them a dollar before she would let them get to a player, then give the dollar back to me or my brother behind their backs. It was hilarious! She also made sure the girls asked the players from the other team for autographs. My niece still talks about that meeting.

Maybe the Sparks will get Marianne Stanley as the coach. Would that be a weird turn-around! Razz

Good luck, Mique. The Phonebooth will be rockin' when you visit!

PostPosted: 03/21/05 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another rumor re the Mique deal (heard this second or third-handed)...the details of the trade are being finalized, but don't be surprised to see JACKIE STILES in Washington, with her former coach and future mother-in-law, Linda Hargrove.

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 03/21/05 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Another rumor re the Mique deal (heard this second or third-handed)...the details of the trade are being finalized, but don't be surprised to see JACKIE STILES in Washington, with her former coach and future mother-in-law, Linda Hargrove.

would not be a shock,but with all the shooters in this draft the question would be why?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03/21/05 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticwiz wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

would not be a shock,but with all the shooters in this draft the question would be why?

Why not? they have nothing to lose, and if she were to regain her form, it could be a pretty good deal, odds are probably against Stiles making a comeback, but I can't see it as anything other than a no lose situation as far as Stiles is concerned.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/21/05 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticwiz wrote:

Stiles has experience and would be more useful than a rookie shooter, provided her body doesn't fall apart again.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/21/05 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

See my previous post. Hargrove was her coach. Hargrove is going to be her mother-in-law (Jackie is seriously dating Hargrove's son).

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/21/05 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackie Stiles and Coco Miller on the same team?
That's hairdressers' hell right there...

PostPosted: 03/21/05 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I'll be surprised to see Jackie Stiles on the floor for anyone.

PostPosted: 03/22/05 12:25 am    ::: Ouch Reply Reply with quote

"Holdsclaw traded to Sparks for player, pick" was the headline on espn.com. DMJ deserves a name.

PostPosted: 03/22/05 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a posted an analysis of the trade (and alternatives) at my blog http://www.insaneplatypus.com
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 03/22/05 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I have a posted an analysis of the trade (and alternatives) at my blog http://www.insaneplatypus.com

That's good stuff, Keegan.

Beetlejuice! Ha. Brings back memories.

suemar

PostPosted: 03/23/05 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last I heard of Stiles it was surgery time again. Since she has medical troubles I wouldnt doubt if Mystics pick her up. Thats how lousey all of their picks have ever been. Ps. And this comes from a Mystics fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: