RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

America's most dominant team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 08/10/12 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:
Part of the reason is that everyone knows USA is going to win gold anyways. I mean, team USA has about a .1% of losing. Doesn't make for an exciting Olympic series now does it? I'm thinking basketball is going to go the way of baseball in the Olympics anyways. Basketball in the Olympics, nobody really cares about it, men's or women's really. Basketball is NOT really an Olympic sport anyways. I personally wouldn't care if they did away with basketball in the Olympics. At least that way, the wnba wouldn't have to take a month long break every fourth summer.

Seriously? I think you're mistaken. Basketball is one of the most popular sports in the world. Not football (soccer) popular yet but closing in. Basketball is not going anywhere. It brings in money, not just from ticketholders but from big time sponsors too. Drop basketball and I think you would see a severely pared Olympics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: