RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I yearn for long, inflatable, rounded objects.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/26/12 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

[snip]...Of current teams, we now only lack Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, and Tulsa; we'd also welcome with open arms the long shot of getting some from ex-WNBA cities.

I have quite a few Sacramento Monarchs thundersticks. Some of them also have a sponsor's name on them, along with the Monarchs' logo. Others has a local TV channel on them.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/26/12 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
vallee wrote:
Okay, I'll go there:

I think Sue would be fine being out of the closet.

Good one! Thanks for the morning laugh!

Should I mention the poster on the *inside* of that specific door? Wink

(now with spelling variations)
Randy

PostPosted: 07/27/12 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW - with all the advanced statisics, etc available, does anyone know if Basketball Reference.com or the like have any stats of players FT% with and without being under Thunderstick attack? From the games I've been to, it doesn't seem like they help much. Could players becoming immune to them?

StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/27/12 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
BTW - with all the advanced statisics, etc available, does anyone know if Basketball Reference.com or the like have any stats of players FT% with and without being under Thunderstick attack? From the games I've been to, it doesn't seem like they help much. Could players becoming immune to them?

Maybe Pilight can figure this one out. Wink

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/02/12 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching the Storm-Lynx game and seeing all those white thundersticks bopping away reminded me to bump this and beg.

We're still short Tulsa and Minnesota, and would definitely welcome long inflatable thingamabobs that get smashed together from former W cities as well. We're so close!

I can bribe you with tchochkes if necessary, or at least with a promise to post pictures of the finished living room, once we get the last two pieces of the puzzle.

uncommonclay

PostPosted: 10/02/12 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

can taj get a chair in the huddle please ... !

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/11/12 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks to the (undoubtedly) lovely gopher5, Minnesota is in the house. (Is it an omen that we had to remove one of the Sun ones to make room?)

That just leaves Tulsa, and there's a spot in the corner yearning for it. Or for a former W city, I suppose. But Tulsa's the only city I don't have anything from. I have Miami t-shirts and Charlotte giveaways and Sacramento programs and two Cleveland jerseys, and Janeth Arcain and Astou Ndiaye-Diatta stand guard on my cable box, but I have nothing Tulsan.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 10/11/12 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Thanks to the (undoubtedly) lovely gopher5, Minnesota is in the house. (Is it an omen that we had to remove one of the Sun ones to make room?)

That just leaves Tulsa, and there's a spot in the corner yearning for it. Or for a former W city, I suppose. But Tulsa's the only city I don't have anything from. I have Miami t-shirts and Charlotte giveaways and Sacramento programs and two Cleveland jerseys, and Janeth Arcain and Astou Ndiaye-Diatta stand guard on my cable box, but I have nothing Tulsan.

I just checked Mapquest. I never thought about it until I read your post and wondered what the drive time was from Madison to there. Looks like about 12 hours. Hmmn ... Sounds like a destination for a three day weekend next year. Thanks for the inspiration. I could use something Tulsa as well.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Queenie

PostPosted: 06/15/16 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bumping like posts on the low block...

Welcome to the WNBA, Dallas! Did you bring thundersticks? (Or bangers, or BamBams, or whatever you regionally call those things that come in pairs and you blow them up into long tubes that you smack together to make a big noise.)

If the Wings have 'em, we'd love to acquire a set for our living room- right now we have a long and amazingly uninterrupted line of flattened ones from Atlanta, Chicago, Connecticut, Indiana, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York, Phoenix, Portland, San Antonio, Seattle, Tulsa, and Washington, along with an All-Star one and even one from the FIBA World Championships in Turkey (shoutout to Helen for that hookup!) But we've got duplicates we'd love to swap out. (Living room needs a bit of cleaning before I post new pictures, plus a couple of more miscellaneous pieces need to go up. You're just going to have to trust me that it looks awesome.)

If you want to trade, we can trade; if you want us to pay postage, we're willing.

W fans elsewhere- it's my understanding that there have been generic WNBA Pride and WNBA Breast Health Awareness thundersticks as well, but I've never been able to lay hands on any. If you have those, they're also welcome (the Pride one would go especially well with the Liberty and Storm pride ones)

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/22/17 6:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bumped because we're updating the decorating a little bit. Some have gotten faded from sunlight, while I've seen some nifty new designs out there.

So if there are such things as Dallas thundersticks, we'd love them to once again complete our collection. Or if anyone outside the Northeast has a set they don't know what to do with, we'll happily adopt them. (Liberty and Sun stuff I can usually get myself.) If pocket schedules are still a thing, those would be nifty too, either college or pro.

Willing to at least cover postage or possibly trade. (I have at least one extra Cappie bobblehead left.) (Seriously, the year they did that giveaway, we found two or three of them in the aisle after the game.)

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/22/17 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know there's at least one team outside the Northeast that has Thunderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsticks

PostPosted: 09/22/17 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure I have some Chicago Sky ones laying around somewhere. What will you give me for them? Smile

Just looked, I have at least 2 unopened packages of them ca. 2012-2013

PostPosted: 09/22/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
I'm sure I have some Chicago Sky ones laying around somewhere. What will you give me for them? Smile

Just looked, I have at least 2 unopened packages of them ca. 2012-2013

DM me and we'll talk.

Brinx

PostPosted: 09/24/17 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a pair from a Sparks game a couple seasons ago, they are still packaged, but it looks like they are white with orange writing and say "Hoops for Troops" rather than a team name. I can't drop them in the mail if you want them. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: