RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

GA VS KENTUCKY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikey87

PostPosted: 02/02/06 8:19 pm    ::: GA VS KENTUCKY Reply Reply with quote

This game is very physical HUMPHREY got hit in the eye and she was not happy about it the players were talking but nothing happened as long as all of the players stay healthy and stay in the game and GA is winning I am cool.

and a TECHNICAL foul called on HUMPHREY, the refs are having fun blowing the whistles tonight.

CKent

PostPosted: 02/02/06 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final: Georgia -91, Kentucky -57. "Physical" don't get there. This was the third time I've seen Kentucky play in person and, let me tell you, Coach DeMoss has got her team playing some smashmouth basketball. Georgia fans tonight had kind of a "How dare you?" reaction at times but I personally don't have a problem with it. If you're trying to move from the bottom half of this conference to the top half, the first thing you have to do is let Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, and Vandy know that when they push...you're going to push back. You gotta make your bones in the SEC and Kentucky's headed in the right direction.

Win number 650 for Andy Landers at Georgia. Only Pat Summitt and Jody Conradt have won that many at one school in WCBB. Dropping 90-plus on ranked league foes back-to-back...a pretty good week's work so far. Kentucky actually jumped out to an early 10-6 lead and was grabbing every board. But Georgia went to Janese Hardrick earlier than usual and she ran off 8 quick points, including one of her trademark parking-lot bombs. And it was never close from that point on. Georgia shoots 64% from the floor and actually ends up outboarding the Cats after a slow start down low.

Tasha got her technical for taunting. She was just getting killed all night and finally gave a little Dikembe Mutombo finger-wave at a defender and got rung up. Tasha's now averaging over 25 PPG in SEC play. Sherill Baker only had a couple of steals but threw in 19 with her slashing cuts and picture-perfect finger rolls.

Next up: 'Bama comes to town this Sunday afternoon.

O.G.

PostPosted: 02/03/06 12:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm impressed with how Georgia is playing despite all the setbacks with injuries, etc. I think they'll be a tough out come tournament time.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/03/06 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgia is dangerous, y'all. They are forreal! Shocked

I like Tennessee and LSU, but I've got to look at this Georgia team as a top-10/SEC championship contender.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: